🐈 CAT 2019 Result | Score | Percentile – PaGaLGuY

23,147 Posts  ·  71,557 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on CAT 2019 and Get all the detailed information about CAT Result, CAT Score Card, CAT Score, CAT Percentile, CAT Admit Card, CAT Syllabus, CAT Exam Pattern and much more…

Stay Connected For Latest Updates About CAT Exam 2019, Also Visit our CAT 2019 Exam Notification Page, Read Articles Related of CAT Exam and Get Important Tips For CAT Exam Preparation at https://www.pagalguy.com/cat

Page 1 of 2,315

When a coin is tossed for (n-1) times, then number of total outcomes is 

Ans 2^n+1

@gsm2780 can you please explain me this one with the help of an example

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

A man has 8 friends whom he wants to invite for dinner. The number of ways in which he can invite atleast one of them is?

Ans for this 265

What I did

Number of ways of inviting all the friends is 8!

Number of ways of not inviting any of the friend 1

For inviting atleast 1=8!-1

@scrabbler @gsm2780

Where am I wrong?

1 comment
gsm2780
@gsm2780  ·  13 karma

@suchi1996 . Number of inviting at least one of them is 2 raised to 8 minus 1. Not 8!-1

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The number of terms in the expansion of (a+b+c+d)^20 is?

@gsm2780 @scrabbler

Ans is 1771

Please share your approach

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
gsm2780
@gsm2780  ·  13 karma

@suchi1996 it is there in 11th standard in chapter permutations and combinations. The derivation is a bit detailed and involves explanation related to keeping the dimensions of all terms the same with given variables in brackets. But , lets not digress from CAT requirements

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
gsm2780
@gsm2780  ·  13 karma

@suchi1996 or maybe binomial theorem or its other version multinomial theorem. But not of much importance as of now

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Asking for a friend.

Left job for CAT-2019 prep, annything you can suggest that can be done side by side to improve the profile. Any work from home type opportunity or anything else. TIA _/\_

1 like4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
harshhc59
@harshhc59  ·  3 karma

Nope

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
suchi1996
@suchi1996  ·  67 karma

I don't think it is going to add up. Tell your friend now to work hard  and focus on getting a good percentile because there is too much syllabus in maths(according to me ) and different variety of questions that needs to be solved. I don't think he will get time for it

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Get all your queries related to CAT prep & B-Schools cleared from mentors who have helped 10,000+ B-school aspirants & students. Join the group using the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mbabreakspace/

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey watch this https://youtu.be/1l9tiEaTHIg  

Video Thumbnail47881371733765
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

If you are having good aptitude in 2 sections but always get waylaid by the 3rd one, then is there a possibility of scoring 99 percentile plus somehow? Well, it can depend on how good you are in the 2 better sections and how much can you improve on the 3rd one.

If you are really good in 2 sections you should be able to score more than 50-55 in these two. Focus on them to ensure that this happens. With this in place you can try to enhance your score to at least 40 in the third section. Now, if you are getting only about 20 in earlier CATs and in most mocks then this is probably going to look impossible. For example, let us say that you find it tough to get more than 20 in QA. How can you fix this? To start with look at a few areas of the syllabus and try to do these well. You do not need to bother about the entire syllabus as your goal is not to do all 34 questions - in any event you will never be able to do that. Make sure you understand where about 20 questions come from and practice really hard for them - start by understanding these concepts first if that is a deficiency you have. Do whatever is needed, even go back to the 1X/X level textbooks if that helps.

After understanding concepts and practising hard to cement them, give at least 20 mock test and about 40 additional sectional tests. Your target will be to answer 20 questions inb the test and get at least 15 correct. Can it be done? Absolutely, I have seen many people do this and have helped several of them as a mentor. In case, you feel you need some help here feel free to send me a PM.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Best Mock test series?

IMS
TIME
CL
CETKING
Any other (mention in comments)
nishisathe
42 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

Which among the following sentence is grammatically correct?

Post 47843857029493
2 comments
Gaurang1997
@Gaurang1997  ·  10 karma

@cat_insane d I think

laaju
@laaju  ·  3 karma

D

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment