The Common Aptitude Test, or CAT, is the most aspired entrance examination that MBA aspirants across the country take to be eligible to apply to the top B schools in India.
To prepare for CAT 2019, the first step for any candidate is to be equipped with the best study material available to prepare for the examination.
However, with the number of books available in the market that claims to be the best, it is common for MBA aspirants to get confused about which books to buy.
However, the Pagalguy experts have compiled a list of books that MBA aspirants can consider over others in order to score well in the CAT 2019 examination.
BEST BOOKS AND STUDY MATERIAL FOR CAT 2019
The CAT 2019 exam pattern consists of three sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)
|SECTION||NAME OF THE BOOK||AUTHOR|
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude||Arun Sharma|
|NCERT Mathematics Books||NCERT|
|Quantitative Aptitude Quantum||Sarvesh Kumar|
|Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||Nishit Sinha|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Abhijit Guha|
VERBAL ABILITY AND READING COMPREHENSION
|How to Prepare for Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability for CAT||Meenakshi Upadhyay and Arun Sharma|
|The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Nishit Sinha|
|High School Grammar and Composition||Wren and Martin|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
DATA INTERPRETATION AND LOGICAL REASONING
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R.S. Agarwal|
|Data Interpretation||Nishit Sinha|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT||Arun Sharma|
Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT
Tips for preparation of CAT 2019
Although the books an aspirant uses to prepare for CAT 2019 are of utmost importance, how they study using the books also matters equally. We will suggest some methods of study to help one prepare for CAT 2019.
One of the primary things to focus on while preparing for any entrance examination is to study smart, more than to study smart. We will provide certain tips to MBA aspirants prepare better for CAT 2019:
- Read through previous years’ question papers and attempt to solve them. By doing so, one can gauge a more comprehensive idea of what exactly they need to study; what are the topics they need to stress on more than the others, what are the topics they can skip, the topics they can skim through, etc.
- Solve mock CAT entrance tests. We advise MBA aspirants to try and solve some mock CAT entrance examination papers before one goes for the actual test, so that they have a fair idea of how one will perform on the final day. They are advised to attempt to solve the mock paper within the stipulated time in order to improve their time management skills.
- Group discussions on social media platforms. Social media has become progressively significant in the previous couple of years. Students can utilize it for their advantage and have open discussions on these social platforms to improve the clarity of their understanding of various topics while preparing for CAT 2019.
- Inculcate Reading Habits: Reading newspapers, journals and editorials will help students to prepare for VARC section. It will help them strengthen their vocabulary.
We hope that these tips we provide will help MBA aspirants score well and rank higher in the CAT 2019 entrance examination. All the best!
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for Books of CAT preparation
How can Pagalguy.com help in the preparation?
While studying, you might get stuck with a question from any of these books and really find a tough time sourcing the right answer for the same. Yeah! That would be such a nightmare during the preparation time of every candidate. Well! The solution is actually simple. Join Pagalguy.com CAT 2019 preparation group, post your doubt and get answered by the fellow study mates across the globe or the experts at our head office.
Not only that, doubts by others can be your doubts too! So get acquainted with traps set by the CAT examiners and prepare accordingly to ace through CAT 2019.
For more CAT 2019 Articles please check below: