UPSC NDA/NA Exam
UPSC NDA/NA 2019 Exam Information
UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. NDA is the short form of National Defence Academy and NA is short for Navy Academy. Thus, UPSC NDA and NA stands for Union Public Service Commission- National Defence Academy and Navy Academy. This examination is conducted for recruitment in the Defence and Naval forces of India. These forces are the most reputed recruitments any person could be employed in. It is the dream of many from the youth to serve their nation. It is indeed a matter of pride to be a part of the defence system of the country. Very few get the opportunity to serve their country in this manner. The respect and honour attached to this job is altogether a different feeling for every person. Every young person from the country wishes to be a part of the defence to serve the country and protect his/her countrymen. Every year thousands of people appear for the UPSC Exam for recruitment in NDA and NA.
In order to be recruited in the cadre, the aspirant candidates need to appear for 2 rounds of examinations namely, NDA and NA I and NDA II. Following this, there is a Service Selection Board, which is an interview round. The UPSC is responsible for conducting all rounds of examination. This examination is conducted every year and fresh recruits are made to join the defence system.
UPSC NDA/NA 2019 Exam Date
As we read above, the UPSC NDA & NA Exams are conducted every year. The exam is held twice every year. Every candidate must first appear for NDA I exam. If they pass this paper, they appear for NDA II paper. In 2019, the NDA I exam will be conducted in April 21, 2019 while the NDA II will be held in November on 17th, 2019. After the candidates appear and pass both these exams, they will be called for SSB round that is Service Selection Board, which is an interview round.
Table of Events:
The date line of the UPSC NDA and NA starts from January 2019 with the official notification being released and the second round of examination will be conducted in November. Following this schedule, the results will be announced after which the Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview round. Below is the tabular form of the events.
|Date of Notification||Last Date for receipt of Applications||Date of commencement of Exam||Duration of Exam|
|09.01.2019||04.02.2019||21.04.2019 (SUNDAY)||1 DAY|
|07.08.2019||03.09.2019||17.11.2019 (SUNDAY)||1 DAY|
|08.01.2020||28.01.2020||19.04.2020 (SUNDAY)||1 DAY|
|10.06.2020||30.06.2020||06.09.2020 (SUNDAY)||1 DAY|
UPSC NDA/NA 2019 Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible to appear for these exams, it is first important to check yourself and tick off each box of the eligibility criteria.
The candidates must be physically and mentally fit as per the prescribed rules of the UPSC NDA and NA Exam I and II. Hey need to be able to face the test of physical fitness and mental capabilities at the same time to appear for this examination.
Those candidates who have either resigned or withdrawn from training academies of armed forces on disciplinary grounds is ineligible to appear for this exam.
The following are the criteria to be met in order to be eligible to be able to appear for examination:
- The candidate willing to appear for SBI Clerk exam should be an Indian holding an Indian citizenship.
- If a candidate is a subject of Nepal, Bhutan, a refugee from Tibet who has migrated to India with the intention of settling in India permanently is eligible to appear for this examination. But migration should have happened on or before 1st of January, 1962.
- Candidates who are persons of Indian origin and have migrated to India from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Kenya, Burma, Vietnam with the intention of settling in India permanently are eligible to appear for SBI Clerk examination.
- Persons of Indian Origin, who have migrated from east African countries like Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethopia, Malawi intending to settle in India permanently can also appear for SBI Clerk Exam.
The above candidates who are persons of Indian Origin need a certificate to that effect from the Government of India which they have to present along with the list of documents.
UPSC NDA/NA 2019 Registration
The registration for competitive Government Examination is no more a difficult task. It can be done at the click of your cursor. With the advancement in technology, these procedures have been made so simple that an aspiring candidate can apply online and save a lot of time. There is one common form that needs to be filled for appearing in the UPSC Exam which wil be made available to the candidates on the official website.
Steps for Filling the Form:
- First Log on to the Official Site of UPSC in order to fill the form for examination. The official website is http://www.UPSConline.nic.in/
- Click on the option of Online Application for various Exams of UPSC.
- You will be directed to two options on clicking the option of Examination which are, “Part-I Registration” and “Part-II Registration.
- When you click on Part-I Registration, you will be given a choice for selection of your desired examination from the listed examination in the application. You can do so by clicking the option “Click Here” which is in front of each Examination Option.
- On the Page One of the form, the candidate has to fill his personal information as demanded by the application form in their respective fields. These details include name, age, sex, caste, category, etc.
- One the Second Page the Preferences have to be mentioned. For Example, Candidates who desire to join air force must enter AFA.
- You are also asked if you belong to Sainik School, if you do, you are required to enter a yes.
UPSC NDA/NA 2019 Exam Pattern
The success rate in UPSC is very limited and hence it is essential that the candidates are aware of the Exam Pattern so they may prepare for it well. The UPSC Exam for NDA is conducted twice a year. The exam consists of two stages. The first stage is the written stage while the second is the Interview round.
There are two papers in UPSC NDA and NA written Exam. The papers in all subjects consist of objective type questions only. The scheme of written exams is as under:
|Subject||Time Duration of Paper||Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics||2 hours and 30 minutes||300 marks|
|General Ability Test||2 hours and 30 minutes||600 marks|
As we can see above, the written examination consists of two papers. The mathematics paper is for 300 marks and the General Ability Paper holds 600 marks. The paper of General Ability is conducted in two languages, Hindi and English. Each paper is for duration of 2 and half hours.
The Papers will contain questions of metric system, weights and measures wherever necessary.
The answers shall be written by the candidates with their own hands and they cannot use a scribe for the same.
The candidates are disallowed from using calculator, logarithmic table for answering any type of questions.
The Candidates that qualify the written examination round then appear for the interview round which is the SSB round.
UPSC NDA/NA 2019 Syllabus
- Short Description:
Just as we read above, there are mainly two subjects in the written examination. The Mathematics section consists of 300 marks.
- Table: Paper I- Mathematics
|Algebra||Sets, Venn Diagrams, Cartesian product, equivalent relations, Representation of real numbers on line, Maple Numbers- basic properties, modulus, argument, cube roots of unity, Permutation and combination, Geometric and harmonic progressions, quadratic equations, real coefficients, solution of linear equations in a graphical manner.|
|Matrices and Determinants||Types of Matrices, operations, determinants, basic properties of determinants. Adjoint and inverse square matrix, solution of linear equations.|
|Trigonometry||Trigonometrically ratios, Sums for application of trigonometrically ratios. Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians.|
|Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions||Distance Formula. Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system. Eccentricity. Equation of a line in various forms. Angles between two lines.|
|Differential Calculus||Continuity of functions – examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions. geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative – applications, Derivative of function at a point.|
|Vector Algebra||Unit and Null Vectors, addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of a vector, and all such topics related to vector|
|Statistics and Probability||Frequency distribution, mean, median, mode, Pie chart, Bar Graphs, Histogram.|
UPSC NDA/NA 2019 Admit Card
Without a legitimate admit card, no competitor will be permitted to take up for the examination. The applicants showing up for the examination will download their particular admit card as it is. The Admit Card is issued soon after the enrolment is finished. The Admit Card is issued after the effective enrolment of the applicant, and before the examination.
The Centers where the UPSC test is led at different urban communities in each State and Union Territory. This guarantees the comfort of the understudies as they don’t need to go to faraway places and waste their time. The inclination of focus is given by the competitors in their application shapes. The test fixates are designated dependent on the guideline of first apply first serve.
The test focuses once assigned can’t be changed. The rundown of the urban communities in which the focuses are held are recorded in the in-order request of course of action in the table as under. There is something like one focus in all the significant urban communities of the States of India.
Name of the Cities in which Exam is conducted:
UPSC NDA/NA 2019 Result
Results for this examination are announced shortly after the examinations are conducted. After the first round is completed and is cleared, the candidate proceeds to the second round of examination as per the pattern. The results always get announced online and on the official website. They are announced differently for each stream. The candidates who qualify need to register for the SSB interview round within two weeks of result announcement.
- Steps to check result:
- In order to check your result, you must visit the official website of UPSC
- Click on the option of select results of recent exams
- Enter your roll number and date of birth. Verification can be done by entering the captcha. Then press the Submit button.
- You will be directed to the page that will display your result. The result will contain the minimum cut off marks. The result will display the marks secured for each subject individually and then a total of the same.
- If you have cleared the main exam, you can proceed to download the admit card for the next round. The final list of the candidates that are selected will be displayed on the official website.
UPSC NDA/NA Cutoff
The marks are allotted out of 900 for the written examination. The examination consists of two sections which are further divided into various subjects that the candidates need to study.
The cut-off will be sectional. That is a minimum of 25-30% need to be secured in each section. Only those students who secure more than or as much as the cut off marks will qualify for the next examination.
For final selection of candidates, an aggregate of both the written as well as the SSB round is calculated.
The total is calculated from out of a total of 1800 marks.
Table of Cut-off:
|Year||NDA (I)||NDA II|
|2015||306 (WITH 30% marks in each section)||269 (With 25% marks in each section)|