Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT), East Sikkim Scholarships
SMIT Sikkim Scholarships
SMIT Sikkim offers scholarships to those students who are not fortunate enough to afford higher education. Candidates who cannot realise their dreams of higher education due to money constraints in the family, can benefit hugely from these scholarship schemes.
SMIT Sikkim offers scholarships on the basis of merit and also Merit Cum Means. Scholarships are awarded in the form of fee concessions. Following are the scholarship schemes that are provided to the students:
- Candidates who have a PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) percentage of 90 and above, are eligible to 30% concession of tuition fees.
- Candidates who have a PCM percentage between 85-90, are eligible for a 20% fee concession.
- For candidates having PCM percentage between 80-85 are eligible for a 10% fee concession.
- Candidates belonging from Nepal and Bhutan are eligible for a 20% fee concession.
- Candidates who are sponsored by the Government of Sikkim, receive a huge concession if 75% in their tuition fees.
It should be kept in mind that each candidate can avail a single type of scholarship. The scholarships are eligible for the whole of their academic career in SMIT Sikkim.
The students should have an average CGPA of 6.5 throughout the course and should be disciplined, to be able to keep the scholarship.