Pondicherry University (PU), Puducherry Overview Placements
Pondicherry University Placements
Once the course gets over, what students seek is a placement in a good company. Campus Placements are an essential event in the life of a student. Pondicherry University encourages its students, conducts a training program and finally prepare their students from University as well as affiliated colleges under it for campus interviews.
Students from both the University and Colleges affiliated under the University are offered counselling and guidance for their bright careers. The University acts as a mentor during the decisive period after their academic courses are completed and before their entry into a suitable profession.
It has formed a committee, which helps the student in selecting an appropriate job by conducting campus interviews where multiple renowned MNC companies visit.
Some of the famous companies that arrive in Pondicherry University are TCS, HP, CTS, Infosys, Satyam, Wipro, HCL, Caritor, Kotak Securities, Honeywell, L&T Infotech, IDBI, HSBC, Standard Chartered, Hindustan Zinc, Reliance, ICICI, etc.
Activities of the Pondicherry University Placement Cell:
- Placement committee arranges different training programmes like Mock Test, Personality Development Test, Group Discussion and Debate, Personal Interviews, etc.
- They manage both the projects of placement- semester wise and yearly.
- The various departments of the University conduct technical seminars, workshops, conferences, etc
- It conducts student-level workshops as well as faculty development programmes with the collaboration of various companies.
- There are avenues for both On-campus and Off-campus interviews.
- It also arranges industrial visits for students.
Pondicherry University provides almost 100% placement to the students from streams like M.Tech, MBA, and MCA. The average salary package starts at Rs.30,000-Rs.50,000 per month.
|Course||Median Package (LPA)|
|Computer Application and IT (M.C.A.)||3.50|
|Sciences (Dual Degree)||3.50|
|Management and Business Administration (M.B.A)||3.50|
|Year||Companies Visited||Highest Package||Average Package|