Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras Campus Facilities
IIT Madras Campus Facility
Indian Institute of Technology is one of the institutions in the country that offers world-class technical education. Apart from the technical education, the institution also offers several other programs like Management, Other Bachelor’s degree etc. To accommodate a large number of students and respective staff, the campus has a huge area adjoining Guindy National Park. The campus has spread across around 630 acres and covered with green. It is established at the ideal place in Chennai on the Sardar Patel Road, which is 12 Km far from the Chennai Central Railway Station and 10 Km from the Chennai Airport. The nearest bus terminus to the campus is Adyar and inside the campus, buses ply between the gate and other locations including the institute, which is located almost 2.5 Km inside. The beautiful campus in South Chennai houses more than 2,800 students and also the families of faculty and staff.
The campus has many other facilities, which make it a hotspot for the students:
- Enough spacious, clean, big classrooms to accommodate an average of 100 students.
- 400 labs with hi-tech machinery and latest instruments.
- Wi-Fi enabled campus with good internet connectivity.
- Around 21 hostels, 18 for boys and three for girls.
- Medical facilities for the students with medical insurance of Rs. 1 lakh.
- There are two banks, State Bank of India and Canara Bank inside the campus premises.
- Inside the campus, there are a couple of food joints and cafes.
- The campus has two guest houses with a total of 36 air-conditioned suites and 65 air-conditioned rooms.
- The campus has its own post office and bank ATMs.
- Two Shopping centres to supply groceries, provisions and other essential items are also there.
- Within the campus, there is also a hair cutting saloon, photocopy shop and telecom centre.
- The institute has its own cricket stadium.