IIT Kharagpur – Indian Institute of Technology Scholarships
Scholarship at IIT Kharagpur
IIT Kharagpur provides a variety of scholarships to students pursuing full-time UG and PG programmes. The institute’s faculty also provides research funding and fellowships to deserving students. Aside from scholarships, IIT KGP provides financial assistance to cover the costs of lodging, research, entrepreneurship, and international travel for various competitions. IIT Kharagpur’s scholarships are broadly divided into many categories, some of which are listed below.
Scholarship for Merit Cum Means:
Every year, more than 1000 students receive the Merit Cum Means Scholarship, which is funded by the institute. The Merit Cum Means Scholarship has the following rules.
- Except for students from the SC/ST categories, any student enrolled in any programme offered by IIT Kharagpur is eligible for merit-based scholarships.
- However, the Merit Cum Means Scholarship has a cap, as it is not available to more than 25% of students enrolled in IIT Kharagpur’s UG and dual degree programmes.
- In addition, for subsequent renewals of the Merit Cum Means Scholarship in the two consecutive semesters, a student must maintain a minimum GPA of 7.00.
Scholarships provided by individuals:
In addition to the Merit Cum Means Scholarships, the institute provides a variety of private scholarships to its students.
B.P. Poddar Scholarships:
- B.P. Poddar Scholarships: The B.P. Poddar Scholarship is given to the best eligible students in the B.Tech/B. Arch or Dual Degree Program who have the highest CGPA at the end of the semester.
- The Scholarship is worth INR 1000 per month for a period of ten months.
Scholarship for Kumud Manorama:
- The Kumud Manorama Scholarship is given to third-year students in the B.Tech program and dual degrees in Mechanical Engineering based on their academic performance.
- For the duration of the Scholarship, INR 1000 is awarded per month.
K.K. Agarwal Memorial Scholarship:
- The scholarship is given to the best eligible students in their final year of B.Tech/Dual Degree programs in Agriculture and Food Engineering.
- Under this scholarship scheme, students receive INR 400 per month for a period of ten months.
Scholarship in memory of Madan Sundar Sahu Lal:
- The scholarship is awarded to students in their second or final year of B.Tech or Dual degree programs based on their CGPA in the second semester of the program.
- In addition, students applying for the Madan Sundar Sahu Lal Memorial Scholarship must have a family income of less than INR 2.5 lakhs per year.
- As part of the scholarship, students receive INR 2100 per month.
Aside from the scholarships mentioned above, there are several other types of financial aid available at IIT KGP that students can use to cover their tuition fees.