IIT Kharagpur – Indian Institute of Technology Campus Facilities
Campus Facilities at IIT Kharagpur
IIT Kharagpur has hostels for both girls and boys to facilitate on-campus living for students pursuing UG and PG programs in residential modes. IIT Kharagpur owns a total of 21 hostels known as Halls of Residence, which provide a comfortable living environment for all students by providing all necessary amenities such as mess and dining facilities. The following are the names of all the residence halls at IIT KGP.
- Azad Hall
- Ashutosh Mukherjee Hall of Residence
- B C Roy Hall
- Gokhale Hall
- Homi Bhabha Hall
- J C Bose Hall
- Lala Lajpat Rai Hall
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Hall
- Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya Hall
- Meghnad Saha Hall
- Mother Teresa Hall
- Nehru Hall
- Patel Hall
- Radha Krishnan Hall
- Rajendra Prasad Hall
- Sarojini Naidu / Indira Gandhi Hall
- Sister Nivedita Hall of Residence
- Vidyasagar Hall
- Rani Laxmi Bai Hall
- Zakir Hussain Hall
IIT Kharagpur Hostel Services:
- IIT Kharagpur’s hostels are fully WiFi enabled, allowing students to access high-speed internet for free.
- Fans, bulbs, washing machines, and other cleaning supplies are available.
- Each residence hall has its own attached mess.
- The hostels are close to the academic buildings on the IIT KGP campus.
Hostel Fees at IIT Kharagpur
The fees for the IIT Kharagpur halls and hostel are listed below.
|Hostel Fee (Refundable and at time of admission)||4,000|
|Hostel Admission Fee||1,000|
|Hostel Seat Rent||750|
|Hall Establishment Charge (Paid in each semester)||15,125|
|Hostel Overhead Charge||730|