IIT Kharagpur – Indian Institute of Technology Campus Facilities
Campus Facilities at IIT Kharagpur
IIT Kharagpur has hostels for both girls and boys to facilitate on-campus living for students pursuing UG and PG programs in residential modes. IIT Kharagpur owns a total of 21 hostels known as Halls of Residence, which provide a comfortable living environment for all students by providing all necessary amenities such as mess and dining facilities.
The following are the names of all the residence halls at IIT KGP.
- Azad Hall
- Ashutosh Mukherjee Hall of Residence
- B C Roy Hall
- Gokhale Hall
- Homi Bhabha Hall
- J C Bose Hall
- Lala Lajpat Rai Hall
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Hall
- Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya Hall
- Meghnad Saha Hall
- Mother Teresa Hall
- Nehru Hall
- Patel Hall
- Radha Krishnan Hall
- Rajendra Prasad Hall
- Sarojini Naidu / Indira Gandhi Hall
- Sister Nivedita Hall of Residence
- Vidyasagar Hall
- Rani Laxmi Bai Hall
- Zakir Hussain Hall
IIT Kharagpur Hostel Services:
- IIT Kharagpur’s hostels are fully WiFi enabled, allowing students to access high-speed internet for free.
- Fans, bulbs, washing machines, and other cleaning supplies are available.
- Each residence hall has its own attached mess.
- The hostels are close to the academic buildings on the IIT KGP campus.
Hostel Fees at IIT Kharagpur
IIT Kharagpur Hostel Fee – ₹ 24.18 k
- Hostel Overhead – Rs. 880
- Hall Establishment Charges – Rs. 18300
- Mess Charges – Rs. 14000
- Hostel Admission Fee – Rs.1000
- Hostel Caution Deposit – Rs 4000
IIT Kharagpur Campus Life & Events
IIT Kharagpur boasts a dynamic campus life. On typical days, classes commence at 8 am, keeping students engaged in lectures and assignments. The institute is renowned for hosting numerous popular festivals throughout the year. Additionally, IIT Kharagpur’s central library stands as one of the largest technical libraries in Asia, housing an extensive collection of over 3.5 lakh documents, 135,000+ ebooks, and access to more than 26,000 online full-text journals.