Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur Campus Facilities
IIT Kharagpur Campus Facilities
IIT Kharagpur is designed with all the modern amenities and necessities for the students. The up-to-date amenities, enough spacious campus, peaceful environment makes the campus perfect for the students as well as for the faculty members who live on the campus.
- The college has a huge 2,100-acres of lush green campus in Kharagpur, in the district of West Medinipur district of West Bengal.
- There is a total of 55 km of roadways within the campus.
Apart from these aforementioned important things, there are many more facilities, which make IIT Kharagpur campus a hotspot for education:
- 19 academic departments, eight multi-disciplinary centres/schools, and 13 schools of excellence in addition to more than 25 central research and development units are there on the campus.
- A separate academic building with four lecture halls, several seminar rooms, and Kalidas Auditorium, which has a seating capacity of 850 make the campus perfect for education.
- There are two well-designed auditoria for functions and events.
- Library with six halls and a section especially for SC and ST students are provided with several books, reports, conference proceedings, back volumes of periodicals, standards, thesis, microforms, DVDs, CD-ROMs, and audio-visual material.
- The college also has an Electronic Library section with a collection of databases, video lectures and miscellaneous other resources, which become famous all over the world in a very short time.
- A science and technology museum named Nehru Museum of Science and Technology is made on the campus.
- The IIT KGP campus has six guest houses, a civic hospital, four nationalised banks, a railway reservation counter and a police station.
- The campus also has a water pumping station, electrical sub-station, a telephone exchange, a market, six restaurants, and a garbage disposal section.
- Sports facilities, indoor and outdoor both are also provided within the campus.