IIT Delhi – Indian Institute of Technology Scholarships
Scholarships at IIT Delhi
Students enrolled in various courses at IIT Delhi are offered a variety of scholarship programs and financial aid to help them reduce their financial burden and cover academic and other expenses throughout the program. The institute provides its students with both external and internal scholarships based on their qualifications and test scores. However, to be eligible for scholarship awards and grants, a student must meet certain criteria. The following are some of the popular scholarship programs offered by IIT Delhi:
Scholarship for Merit Cum Means:
- MCM (Merit Cum Means) Scholarships are available to students enrolled in Engineering & Technology Undergraduate Programs or M.Sc Programs.
- According to the institute’s rules, only 25% of students are eligible for this scholarship.
- IIT Delhi students with an annual family income or a parent’s gross income of up to INR 4.5 lakhs.
- Students from the GEN/OBC/EWS categories are eligible for a monthly award of INR 1000 and are exempt from paying the tuition fee.
- Tuition is waived for all students in the SC/ST/PWD categories.
Assistance with Research
- Students enrolled in Ph.D. or research programs at IIT Delhi who are willing to work for the department are eligible for Research Assistance.
- Any full-time student enrolled in a research-based program at IIT Delhi.
- Students who can work at least 20 hours per week are paid a minimum of INR 15,000 per month.
- Students enrolled in the MS Research Programme are paid INR 24,000 per month to work 8 hours per week.
Alumni Scholarships Available at IIT Delhi
Aside from the institute’s scholarships, many prestigious alumni have established scholarships at IIT Delhi to support students based on their academic performance. Some of the scholarships available from alumni, corporations, and philanthropists are listed below.
|Name of the Scholarship||Eligibility|
|1984 Batch Scholarship||1st-year student of UG Programme|
|ABB Scholarship||2nd-year student in Electrical Engineering/ Power with 7.5 CGPA or above|
|Amar Chand Memorial Scholarship||1st-year student of M.Sc (Mathematics) securing a high CGPA at the end of the 1st semester|
|Indian Women’s Association Bonn Scholarship||1st year UG Student|
|Jain Scholarship||1st year UG Student based on JEE Rank & a minimum CGPA of 7.5|
|Janak Raj Malhotra Scholarship||1st year UG Student|
|Krishna Engineering Scholarship||1st year UG Student|
|Prof. A.K. Mahalanabis Memorial Scholarship||1st year UG Student of Electrical Engineering with highest JEE Rank|
Scholarships for Loans
Furthermore, while most students at IIT Delhi are awarded scholarships based on merit and academic qualifications, many alumni have contributed and established scholarships that repaid the interest on loans taken out by students. Some loan scholarship opportunities are listed below.
- Ved and Prem Loan Scholarship for Lata Gulati
- Loan Scholarship for Smt. Sushma Lal
- Scholarship for Smt. Sarada Warrior Loan
- Loan Scholarship for Shrimati Dharam Devi Bhatia
- Scholarship in memory of Shri Motiram Bulchand Shivdasani
- Loan Scholarship for Samir Anand and the Batch of 88