Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi Campus Facilities
IIT Delhi Campus Facilities
Located in the Hauz Khas area of the capital of the country, New Delhi, IIT Delhi is considered as one of the premier institutes of India. It is spread around an area of 320 acres in an area that is easy to reach. It has a state of the art infrastructure along with a Wi-Fi enabled campus for better connectivity. Many efforts have been made to make the campus environment-friendly to promote effective learning processes.
- The campus has 47 classrooms, which are equipped with modern technology and audiovisual equipment to promote experimental learning.
- The Central Library of IIT Delhi has a huge collection of journals, electronic databases, subscription to online journals and comfortable reading rooms where the students can sit and study.
- The campus has hostel facilities for outstation students. 14 buildings are dedicated for accommodation, out of which three of them are for female students.
Other facilities are also available on the campus to make hostel life comfortable and memorable. They are:
- Computer lab
- Multiple cafeterias
- Xerox and stationery shop
- Book camp to buy course books
- Banks and ATMs
- Hospital and 24-hour medical facilities
- Photo studio
- Post office
- Railway reservation counter
- Football and cricket ground
- Tennis and basketball court
- Floodlit jogging track
- Swimming pool
Students at IIT Delhi try to make the most of their college life by participating in various activities and managing boards and committees among themselves. The Board for Recreational and Creative activities manages clubs related to cultural activities like dance, drama, art etc. Board for Sports Activities is responsible for training students and organizing sports tournaments every year.
Board for student Publication offers a platform to creators, writers, editors to display their creativity. It is managed and entirely run by students of IITD. IIT institutes are known for their yearly inter-college fests, which host a bunch of activities and competitions and receives participation from many colleges.