RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) announced the exam for Junior Engineer on January 2, 2019, and the candidates can fill the application form from January 2 to January 31, 2019. The application of RRB JE will be available on the official website. The conducting body of RRB exam is the Ministry of Railways. The candidates who wish to secure a job in Indian railways can apply for this job. There are about 13487 vacancies in the year 2019.
The candidates will be selected by three-stage process of Computer-based test 1 and 2, Document Verification, and Medical Examination. The 1st stage of CBT marks will not be included in the final merit list but still, the candidates must score minimum marks to qualify for 2nd stage of CBT which is a scoring phase.
Short-listing of candidates for the 2d stage CBT will be done at the rate of 15 times that is it may increase or decrease as per the requirement of railway administration. The candidates will be short-listed on the basis of merit in the 1st stage of CBT.
|Registration start date||2nd January 2019|
|Last date for online registration||31st January 2019|
|1st stage of CBT||27th May 2019|
|Admit card release date||10 to 15 days prior to the exam|
Exam pattern of RRB JE:
First stage CBT exam pattern:
|Subjects||Number of questions||Marks|
|General intelligence and reasoning||25||25|
The duration of the 1st stage CBT exam of RRB JE is 90 minutes.
Second stage CBT exam pattern:
|Subjects||Number of questions||Marks|
|Physics and chemistry||15||15|
|Basics of computer and applications||10||10|
|Basics of an environment and pollution control||10||10|
The duration of the 2nd stage of RRB JE exam is 120 minutes. There will be negative marking for an incorrect answer in Computer-based test. 1/3rd mark is deducted for each wrong answer.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for RRB JE Recruitment 2018 -19 | Notification, Syllabus, Results
In general science section, it requires to have a great command over subjects like Biology, Physics, and Chemistry. These subjects are based on high school level books from class 9 and class 10 science books. The syllabus is limited in this section and can score maximum marks in this section.
- The candidates can refer to class 9 and 10 NCERT science books. The candidates must have a clear understanding of the theory and get the basic clear for all the topics.
- The candidates are asked not to refer many study materials as it will create a lot of confusion.
- Practice and memorize the equations, formulas, reactions, flowcharts, diagrams, etc.
- In physics, learn the formulas from their derivation. It will be simpler for memorizing.
- Practice questions from each and every chapter.
- Solve foundation level science practice questions.
- Take mock tests often to know how far you have studied.
- Solve the previous year question papers and it will be helpful in understanding the weight age of various topics and to understand the frequency of questions.
- Make mind maps it will help to retrieve the information whenever needed.
- Try to consolidate the concepts of each topic.
Books for preparation:
In general science section, the questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Lucent’s General Knowledge by Binay Karna (Science section)
- Kiran’s one-liner approach general science English by Pratiyogita Kiran.
- NCERT books class 9 and 10.
- Environment by Shiv Kumar.
General preparation tips:
- First, go through the syllabus and make a proper plan of study.
- Cover all the topics in the syllabus.
- Collect the study materials whichever needed first and don’t refer many as it will create a lot of confusion.
- Start with the topics that are easy and confident. It will create some interest in studying a lot.
- Take the notes of formulas, reactions, equations while learning and can brush up at any time.
- Take mock tests to test the preparation.
If prepared well in this section the candidates can score maximum marks and that would help them in the final merit list. The general section seems to be easy as it is based on class 9 and 10 books of sciences.
For more RRB JE 2018-2019 Articles please check below: