Railway Recruitment Board conducts exams for various posts each year for recruiting eligible and interested candidates. The interested candidates have applied for the exam and waiting for the exams to be held. RRB has announced 13,487 vacancies for the year of 2019 for the post of Junior Engineers. The recruitment exam is to be held tentatively on the month of April/ May 2019.
As there is a number of vacancies announced for the year, the competition level will be very high. Before looking for the preparation of RRB JE Technical Ability section, it is necessary that the candidates must be aware of the exam pattern. The exam will be held in two stages. They are as follows:
1. Computer Based Test Stage I:
|Name of the sections||Number of questions||Total marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
The duration of the CBT I exam is 90 minutes and each question carries one mark. The candidates who are able to clear the stage I of the CBT will be allowed to appear for the Stage II exam. There are no separate timings for each section in the CBT I. In order to qualify in the CBT I, the candidates must clear the cutoff marks as fixed by the exam authority. Following is the exam pattern:
2. Stage II of CBT:
|Name of the sections||Number of sections||Total marks|
|Physics & Chemistry||15||15|
|Basics of Computers & Applications||10||10|
|Basics of Environment & Pollution Control||10||10|
The time duration for the CBT II exam is for 120 minutes and there are no sectional timings. Each question will comprise of one mark and for each wrong answer, 1/3 marks will be subtracted from the marks allotted for each question as there is negative marking applicable.
After qualifying in both CBT I and II, the candidates will be called for the document verification process. Here the candidates must submit the necessary documents as requested by the exam board. After all the above-mentioned processes are completed successfully, the candidates will be recruited for the post of RRB JE.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for RRB JE Recruitment 2018 -19 | Notification, Syllabus, Results
Preparation tips for Technical Ability for RRB JE 2019:
The section includes various engineering streams which are as follows:
|Name of the streams||
|Mechanical & Allied Engineering||Material science, Engineering mechanics, Machining, Strength of Materials, etc.|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||PC software, C language, Computer fundamentals, Information systems, etc.|
|Civil & Allied Engineering||Building construction, Construction of superstructure, Building finishes, Building drawing, Surveying, Concrete technology, etc.|
|Electrical & Allied Engineering||Basic concepts, Magnetic circuit, AC fundamentals, Circuit law, etc.|
|Printing Technology||Printing systems, Paper and ink manufacturing, Estimation, Image processing types of originals and Printer’s accounting, etc.|
|CMA||Basics, Heat, Light, Sound, Magnetism, Mechanics, Modern physics, Chemical reactions, Matter, etc.|
- The most important factor here is the syllabus and the exam pattern. Once if you are about it, then you can easily cover the topics present in each section.
- According to the weight-age allotted for each section, prepare well.
- Be clear in the fundamentals for each and every topic.
- In order to improve your application skills, practice a sufficient number of questions.
- It is very important to know about the computer and its working.
- Concentrate more on Java language, C, and C + +.
RRB JE 2019 general preparation tips:
- Try to solve a number of mock tests in order to improve the speed of solving the questions.
- Time management is the main part to be considered while learning for the examination. Try to solve the maximum number of questions by consuming less time.
- Also try previous year question papers, as they provide the difficulty level of questions that will appear in the exam.
- Concentrate more on your weak areas and try to improve on them.
- Revise regularly as it helps to remember the topics for the long term. Also, take notes of the important formulas and concepts so that you can revise them regularly.
- Be updated with the current affairs regularly in order to attempt more number of questions in that section.
For more RRB JE 2018-2019 Articles please check below: