RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) belongs to Government of India and was known as Railway Service Commission till 1985, then it was changed to RRB. It offers the secured job to the candidates. It will be a great opportunity for the candidates who are looking for a prestigious job in the railway sector.
RRB conducts the exam for the posts of Junior Engineer (JE), Junior Engineer Information Technology (IT), Non-Technical posts, Chemical, and Metallurgical Assistants, Depot Material Superintendent (DMS), etc. The total vacancy for the posts of JE is about 12844, for DMS the vacancy is about 227, for Chemical and Metallurgical Assistants the vacancy is about 387, and for Junior Engineer IT the vacancy is about 29. The RRB JE exam is conducted every year. It is an online exam.
The exam of RRB JE shall involve 1st stage Computer-based test, 2nd stage Computer-based test, Document Verification, and Medical Examination. The selection is made strictly as per the merit, on the basis of the Computer-based Test.
The exam pattern for the RRB JE exam is as follows:
The exam pattern for 1st stage Computer-based test:
|Subjects||No. of questions||Marks|
|General intelligence and reasoning||25||25|
The duration of the 1st stage of CBT exam is 90 minutes. There will be negative marking of 1/3rd for each wrong answer.
The candidates will be short-listed for the 2nd stage of CBT on the basis of the normalized score in the 1st stage of CBT exam
The exam pattern for 2nd stage Computer-based test:
|Subjects||No. of. questions||Marks|
|Physics and chemistry||15||15|
|Basics of computer and applications||10||10|
|Basics of the environment and pollution control||10||10|
The duration of the exam is 120 minutes. In the 2nd stage also there shall be negative marking of 1/3rd for each wrong answer.
The candidates before starting the preparation have to know about the exam pattern. This will help them in preparing for the exam effectively.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for RRB JE Recruitment 2018 -19 | Notification, Syllabus, Results
Books for RRB JE exam preparation:
Books for Mathematics:
- Practice books on quicker maths by K.Kundan and M.Tyra.
- Quantitative Aptitude for competitive exam by RS Aggrawal.
- How to crack-test of Arithmetic in all competitive exams by Richa Aggarwal.
- Fast track objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma.
Books for General Intelligence and Reasoning:
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe.
- General Intelligence and test of Reasoning by Showick Thorpe.
- A modern approach to Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal.
- Reasoning and General Intelligence by Kunwar Ishwar Singh Rathore.
Books for General Science:
- Environment GK by Shiv Kumar.
- Geography by Dhingra Classes.
- Lucent’s GK by Lucent’s Publication.
Books for General Awareness:
- Pratiyogita Darpan by Upkar Publication.
- Lucent’s GK by Lucent’s Publication.
- RRB Junior Engineer book for General Awareness by Disha Publications.
- Manorama Year Book.
Books for Environment and pollution control:
- Environment pollution and control by Prof. N.H. Gopal Dutt.
- Environment Studies MCQ- by Arun. K. Tripathi.
Books for Mechanical Engineering:
- Guide to RRB JE- Mechanical by Disha experts.
- RRB JR Recruitment examination by GPK Publications.
- Indian Railways JE Mechanical recruitment exam by Arihant experts.
Books for Civil Engineering:
- RRB Civil Engineer practice workbook by Kiran’s Publication.
- Wiley’s RRB JE exam goal post solved papers and practice test by DT Editorial services.
- Guide to RRB JE- Civil by Disha Experts.
Books for Electrical Engineering:
- RRB JE and SSE by Shyam Sundar
- RRB JE Exam Electrical by Dr. Chandresh Aggarwal.
- Guide to RRB JE- Electrical by Disha experts.
Books for Electronics Engineering:
- Indian Railway JE Electronics recruitment exam by Arihant Experts.
- Indian Railway JE Electronics recruitment exam by Arihant Experts. (Old edition).
- RRB Electronics and Telecommunication exam guide for JE by GK Publications.
- RRB JE CBT-1 and 2 –Electronics Engineering by GK Publications.
Books for Computer Science:
- Handbook of IT and Computer Science by Surbhi Mitra.
- Handbook of Computer Science and IT by Illustrated formulae and key theory concepts by made easy editorial board.
- Objective IT and Computer Science by G.K. Mithal
Books for Chemical Engineering:
- RRB Technical exam (Chemical Engineering) by Chandresh Aggarwal and Nandhini Books/ Priyanka Prakashan.
For more RRB JE 2018-2019 Articles please check below: