MICA was established in the year 1991. It is the first residential institute in Asia-Pacific region, dedicated to creating leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication.
Today, it is said to be the Alma matter of professionals serving in leadership positions in the best- known companies in the world in marketing, band management, research & analytics, media, digital and strategic marketing, and communication- based businesses
Following are the summer placement analysis for the year 2018:
- MICA has registered 100% summer placements for its 25th batch of PGDM- Communications program.
- A total number of 180 students have been selected in placements through the Institute’s recently conducted Campus Placement Process.
- Just as the past few years, the trend of International placements from MICA is continuing this year too with students securing an overseas internship. One company has given 3 full time and part time internships for the first time in China.
- Totally 55 companies participated in this placement program. They are as follows: the regular recruiters were like ABP, Amazon, Amul, DB Corp, DDB Mudra, Future Group, Google, GroupM, HT Media, LOreal, Nivea, Publicis, Raymond, Royal Enfield, Sony, Shemaroo, Titan, Usha, VIP, Yes Bank, and the newcomers were Alt Balaji (Balaji Telefilms) and Zee5 (Essel Group) from the OTT platform businesses, besides the companies like Apollo Tyres, Britannia, Del Monte (Field Fresh Foods), Intel, LinkedIn, Pidlite, Topline & Welspun.
- 2 students have been selected for the internship from the Hindustan Unilever as they became the winners of HUL Carpe Diem Season5 competition.
- The students will be given an 8-10 weeks internship from April-june2019.
Also, the placement analyses for the past 3 years are given below:
- A total of 55 companies participated in the year 2015 placements which also include 20 new companies. The average median stipend increased from 20 to 25% respectively.
- A total number of 159 students from a batch of 160 at MICA opted for summer placements while one student chose to work on his own venture.
- The major sectors where the students placed were Media, Advertising, E-commerce, Digital and FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods). Their industry sectors were IT, Market Research, Retail, and Travel Pharmaceuticals.
- The regular recruiters were L’Oreal, Amul, Colgate-Palmolive, Wipro, Leo Burnett, Interbrand, and DDB Mudra while the newcomers were Google, Disney India, Zydus and Shopclues.
- The highlight of this summer placement process was that around 10% of the batch opted for startups. The internships happened during April-May 2015.
MICA completed its summer placement for the 23rd batch of PGDM-Communications.
- A total of 61 companies partnered with MICA and recruited 68 students in the placements.
- The average stipend offered was Rs.27342 per month and the median achieved was Rs.25000 per month.
- The students were recruited by Brand Consulting & Advertising sector, Media& Entertainment sector followed by Digital/ Internet domain in FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods). Some of the other prominent sectors were FMCD (Fast Moving Consumer Durables), Digital Marketing, Retail, Apparel& Fashion, Sports, automotive, Biotechnology, Insurance, Events, Advisory, and Telecommunications’.
- The regular recruiters were Titan, HT Media & Digital Quotient, Future Group, Star India, Amul, Wipro IT, NBA, Raymond, Berger Paints, CEB, Target Group, Disney, Puma, Kaya, Happily Unmarried, Bewakoof Brands, Redbus, Bookmyshow and the newcomers were Turner International India, Edelman, Bosch, WAT Consult, Mediadotnet, Exchange4Media, Publicis India, Redbridge, Voonik, Terra Reach, Eicher, The Sound, and Wizcraft International Entertainment.
- Leo Burnett was the largest recruiter, followed by DDB Mudra, Amazon, and GroupM
MICA has once again achieved 100% placements for its summer internship placements for the year 2017.
- Students of MICA received internships in top companies. There was an increase of 15% in the average stipend.
- Totally 177 students appeared for the placements with a total of 66 recruiters.
- MICA saw recruiters from spheres like FMCG, FMCD, Retail and Manufacturing, BFSI, Analytics and IT, Digital and E-commerce, Media and Advertising, Communication and Brand Strategy.
- The recruiters are Amul, Amazon, Disney, Leo Burnette, Dell, Publicis, Raymond, L’Oreal, Group M and many more.
- Diverse roles were offered to the students enabling them to develop technical as well as soft skills, making them a perfect fit for the variety of industries and profiles.