IIFT is one of the topmost national business school in India. It is well-known for its management programs in courses of International Business Management and Strategy. Their criterion of eligibility for the written entrance exam are simple when compared to other MBA entrance exams. Find the details of the eligibility criteria below.
Change in Eligibility Criteria for IIFT 2019
IIFT has announced a change in Eligibility Criteria from 2018 for IIFT entrance exam. Unlike 2016017 where there was no minimum percentage required for applying for IIFT exam. From 2018 candidate should have minimum 50 % score to register for IIFT exam.
Indian candidate’s eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university of at least three years’ duration.
- Graduation final year candidates can also apply; however, they are required to submit required qualification proof by 7th October 2019.
- General category candidates should have secured a minimum of 50% marks in graduation
- SC/ST/PWD categories candidates should have secured at least 45% in graduation
- No age bar for the application
- Moreover, a fresher can also apply as there is no minimum work experience required by IIFT.
Hidden Age Bar in IIFT 2019 Exam
- According to the IIFT guidelines there is no age bar for any student to apply for IIFT programme. A candidate of 65 years of age can also apply for the IIFT 2019 entrance test. However, there is a catch in this, till 80’s all the universities had graduation degree of two years. But, in IIFT a candidate should have a bachelor’s degree of three years. According to this candidate above 52 years of age cannot apply for 2019 IIFT exam.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for IIFT MBA Admission 2019-21 | Exam, Admit Card, Result
IIFT Selection criteria for International candidates:
The eligibility criteria for International candidates are also similar. Elementary qualification required for international students to apply is also a bachelor’s degree with minimum required percentage. However, there are a few additional requirements other than the criteria mentioned above:
IIFT Eligibility for 2019 – Residential Status of foreign candidates
- Candidate should be living outside India for 18 months or more as on 31st December 2019 and should remain outside India during the IIFT examination window will be eligible for the IIFT 2019 MBA(IB) eligibility criteria.
IIFT Eligibility 2019 as International Candidate – Documents Required
Foreign students should submit below mentioned documents to be eligible for admission in MBA programme by IIFT
- Indian nationals who are working, studying abroad, and living should submit application with a certificate from the Indian Embassy or High Commission or Consulate of the country they are currently residing for a period of more than 18 months as on 31st December 2019 is required.
- In addition to that, the foreign national candidates are required to have a valid passport or a travel document from another country other than India
IIFT 2018 Eligibility – Valid GMAT Score
- In addition to above, the candidate should also submit their Graduate Management Aptitude Test score which should reach the Institute by 15th February 2019.
- The foreign national’s candidates are required to take the IIFT exam, in case, they are present in India at the time of the IIFT entrance test.
- Under this category, the candidates of Sponsored and Children of NRI are not eligible.
Foreign Candidates NOT Eligible for IIFT Admission 2020
- Candidates who have appeared for GMAT exam before 1st January 2018 are not Eligible for IIFT Admission to MBA (IB) 2020-22 as per the revised IIFT Eligibility Criteria
- If the candidate has appeared for any MBA entrance examination for that year in India (2019) such as CAT /XAT, His/her IIFT 2019 eligibility with GMAT score is not valid.
- NRI- Sponsored and Children of NRI candidates are not eligible under this category.
- The admission of aspirants under international category is on the basis of GMAT score and interview. Shortlisted candidate would be required to undergo a Personal Interview at IIFT campus.
- The admission of a candidate who joins the programme on provisional basis but fails to qualify in the Bachelor’s degree examination is liable to be cancelled.