GATE is one of the most prestigious exams in our country. Once students have finished with their graduate studies, they look for better options after graduation. Some students wish to find employment in PSUs, while others may wish to find admission for M.Tech or Ph.D. in some of the most prestigious colleges in the country. What’s more is that, the GATE scores matter.
GATE scores will help a student to find what they like to do in their lives. A valid GATE score will help you to realize your dreams. Apart from finding employment in some of the most known companies in the country, you can also find some good choices of colleges for your Ph.D. education.
Why is GATE important?
Lakhs of students enroll for the exam and appear for GATE exams. The primary purpose of the exam is to test the student’s understanding of the subjects and to test their caliber regarding the subjects the students’ have studied at a graduate level. Furthermore, the test is designed in such a way that the students can be tested and can move on to the next level of their education.
However, it must be noted that for a student to find admission in Ph.D., the student must still have qualifying GATE scores. A student will not be able to find admission should their scores not be valid.
How to find admission after qualifying for GATE in Ph.D.?
GATE exams are one of the most competitive exams in our country. An engineering student will be able to find some good opportunities after they appear for the exam. An engineering student will be able to find admission to a prestigious college for Ph.D. Here is how one can find admission in for Ph.D.:
- A valid Score: It must be remembered that every college has a different kind of requirement from the students. You may find that your scores are valid for a particular college, while they may not be valid for some other college. You should have a look at the requirements of the colleges you wish to apply before you apply to the college.
- Eligibility: It is no secret that every college has a fixed and laid out structure for eligibility. You will need to have a look at the website of the college to understand whether you are eligible or not. The criteria for various colleges can be found on their respective websites. Here is what the structure of eligibility criteria will include:
- The age requirement,
- Qualification requirement of the student,
- The percentage attained at the time of graduation, and
- Other details.
Remember, you will need to add your details carefully, and the details should be correct.
- The Research Field: The most important aspect of the D. application after qualifying GATE exam is the research field. You will find this section on the application form. Now, you have to be very clear on what kind of field you wish to be in and what will your research be based on. This is the part where the college if you have the capability of being a part of their college or not. Be careful of what you add, as every question during the interview will be based on what you fill out.
- Written Test: Some colleges even have their own written tests. These tests are designed to ascertain the qualities of the student, in such a way that the administration understands where the abilities of the student lie. Furthermore, it is mandatory for a student to pass the written test.
- Personal Interview: The last step of the process of admission through GATE is the interview. The candidate should make it a point to dress sharply and carry all the required documents to the interview. This is the main part of the entire process. During the interview, you will be asked questions about your research field. Your answers will be assessed, and you will be given admission on the basis of your interview along with your performance in other areas of the tests held by the college.
Finding admission in various colleges is easier when you find admission through GATE. After qualifying for GATE, you can find a seat in some of the most prestigious colleges in the country and work with some of the brightest minds.