Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD) is a premier B School located in Mysuru affiliated with the University of Mysore and Tumkur University, Kerala. The institute was established in 1993 to provide quality management education based on a strong foundation of Indian values and ethics.
SDMIMD is promoted by Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Educational Trust, which is a renowned and much admired non-profit educational trust. It is the second school in the country to have been assessed for comprehensive impact assessment. The institute has also received the BSIS (Business School Impact System) certification from EFMD. SDMIMD has been awarded the Diamond Rating by QS-I Gauge, the Indian wing of the global ranking agency QS World Rankings, London.
Along with its flagship 2-year PGDM course, other programmes offered by the institute are:
- 1-year AICTE-approved PG Certificate in Management (PGCM)
- 2-year part-time PG Diploma in Management (in partnership with AIMA)
- Ph.D in Management (University of Mysore)
PGDM programme at SDMIMD
The 2-year full-time, residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) program is the flagship course offered by SDMIMD. It is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). The PGDM program of SDMIMD has MBA Equivalence by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). SDMIMD is the first institute in India to get the dual accreditation of ACBSP and EFMD.
The core courses under the PGDM Programme include:
- General Management
- Human Resource Management
Highlights of the SDMIMD PGDM Programme
- The curriculum of the SDMIMD PGDM program has been structured to enable students to adapt to the rapidly changing business environment and deliver high performance while meeting the challenges of the global business scenario.
- In addition to their chosen specialization, SDMIMD will be offering a modular specialization and certification for students to study ESG-related courses. Several activities have been planned by the institute in this regard, including MDPs, conferences, and conclaves.
- The faculty at SDMIMD comes with rich experience in academia and industry, with several of them having international teaching experience. SDMIMD is the site license holder institute for Harvard Business Review (HBR) publications for their books, case studies and teaching materials.
Scholarships offered by SDMIMD
The institute offers various scholarships to eligible candidates to provide them with financial assistance for achieving their dreams. Scholarship schemes offered by SDMIMD for 2023-25 are:
- Entry Merit Scholarship
A scholarship of INR 75,000 will be awarded to finally selected applicants with a minimum of 70% each in – 10th Standard, 12th Standard/ PUC 2, and Degree.
- Empowering Woman Scholarship
A scholarship of INR 50,000 will be awarded to finally selected woman applicants with a minimum of 60% aggregate each in – 10th Standard, 12th Standard/ PUC 2, and Degree.
- Students Exchange Subsidy
A subsidy ranging from INR 40,000 to INR 1,25,000 is awarded by SDMIMD to students selected for the student exchange programs abroad during the SDMIMD PGDM program. Students are entitled to this subsidy based on the location of the host institute/university.
- Student Merit Scholarship
This Merit-cum-means Scholarship for Outstanding Academic Performance in each Term will be awarded to 3 students during the PGDM Program.
Student Exchange Programmes at SDMIMD
SDMIMD offers student exchange programs that enable students to understand not just the culture of each other’s countries but also global business practices. It is an opportunity for students to gain an edge in seizing opportunities in global companies.
SDMIMD has tie-ups with fifteen high-profile international management institutes and reputed universities for Faculty and Student Exchange Programs. Twenty-seven select SDMIMD students get an opportunity to pursue courses at these institutes. These students spend a term/semester at different institutes/universities with which SDMIMD has student exchange collaborations. Some of these collaborations are:
- Texas A&M University, USA
- University of Montevideo, Uruguay
- Universidad Sergio Arboled, Colombia
- Shanghai University, China
- National Sun-Yat-Sen University, Taiwan
- Business Analytics Institute, France
- University of Bordeaux, France
- University of Dundee, UK
Excellent SDMIMD Placements
The institute has maintained its 100% placement record with the highest salary for placements in 2023 at INR 13 LPA. The top recruiters at SDMIMD include Anand Rathi, Deloitte, Federal Bank, HDFC, HCL, TCS, IBM, Infosys, Wipro, Morgan Stanley, Oracle, Cap Gemini, Tech Mahindra, and ICICI Bank, to name a few.
SDMIMD Admissions 2023 Eligibility
- For its PGDM programme, SDMIMD accepts valid CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT/ATMA/MAT scores.
- The basic eligibility criterion for students is graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Applicants for the PGDM programme will be shortlisted based on consistent academic performance, competitive exam score, recognition of participation in extracurricular activities, including sports, debates, theatre, fine arts, etc. and applicable work experience finally for admission.
- Shortlisted applicants will be called for a Personal Interview round.
- Although there is no stated cut-off, 35% weightage is given to the Competitive Exams.
Admissions for PGDM for the batch of 2023-25 are now open. To apply, click here.
The last date to apply is 28th February 2023.