Finally the most awaited date is here and the notification for the CAT 2019 will be released on 28th July 2019 and the exam will be conducted by the IIM Kozhikode, as predicted by the experts at the PaGaLGuY earlier. CAT 2019 will be conducted on 24th November 2019. This means a good time of 4 months is available between the notification and the actual examination day.
However, with the notification, everything does not get set, and the registration process is one of the most crucial and the first action that a CAT 2019 aspirant would be taking. Therefore, the notification will give overview of the examination and the procedures that the candidate will go through till the results of the CAT 2019.
The registrations for the CAT 2019 should be done iimcat.ac.in. or stay tuned to PaGaLGuY updates and the necessities of the registration process will be updated in detail.
Overview of CAT 2019:
With no surprises expected for CAT 2019, team PaGaLGuY presents you the overview of the CAT 2019 so that our followers remain upbeat against others. Here the most important details that a CAT aspirant should be aware of:
- The CAT 2019 is expected to be attended by more than 2.4 lakhs aspirants this year ( 2.41 Lakh attended last year)
- While the CAT 2019 score will be expected by almost every college across the nation, the seats in the elite colleges are 12411
- The eligibility criteria for the CAT 2019 examination is that the candidate should be a graduate and even the students in last year of their graduation course can also apply
- There are no age restriction for the application of CAT 2019
- For admission into the colleges by CAT 2019 scores, there would be difference in CAT 2019 cutoffs based on the categories of caste like General merit (GM), Other backward classes (OBC) Scheduled caste (SC ), and Scheduled The cutoff for the physically handicapped would be the same based on their caste, but a definite set of seats are reserved in each IIM for PwD candidates
- What’s worth the watch this year is about the inclusion of reservation for the Economic weaker sections of society (EWS). The same is being enforced by many other government examinations and we feel that CAT 2019 should not be an exception.
- The CAT 2019 examination will be conducted in two sessions – Morning and evening – exact times are better to be considered from actual notification. The exam duration will be conducted for three hours
- The CAT 2019 examination will be a computer based test and therefore elementary knowledge about computers for the CAT 2019 is a compulsion
- The CAT 2019 examination application fees for the general merit students is expected to be INR 2000/- and for the other reserved categories(OBC, SC, ST, PwD) will be INR 1000/-
CAT 2019 – Important Dates: The dates become very crucial for a serious aspirant and thus can help them to prepare well for CAT exam. Apart, the application to CAT 2019 will involve lot of documentation and therefore, it’s better to be ready for it. Here is a note on the most important dates:
|CAT 2019 notification||28th July 2019 – Sunday|
|CAT 2019 registration – Start date||05th Aug 2019|
|CAT 2019 online application Correction – End date||27th Sep 2019 – 30th Sep 2019|
|CAT 2019 – Release of admit card and downloading of admit card||Oct 24th 2019 – Nov 24th 2019|
|CAT 2019 Examination date||24th Nov 2019|
|CAT 2019 – Result announcement||07th January 2020|
A regular visitor at PaGaLGuY.com would definitely appreciate that all the expected dates are in exact match with the prediction of experts over here.
Knowing the important dates helps an aspirant to strategize and prepare well for the examination.
Syllabus and Exam Pattern: The CAT syllabus is mostly designed based on the application of high school mathematics and English. The CAT exam has never revealed clear syllabus and thus it becomes essential for students to consider as wider syllabus as possible for CAT preparation.
To be noted that, CAT exam pattern will have negative marking. Every correct answer will fetch the candidate 3 marks and 1 mark gets deducted for every wrong answer. So it is better not to solve a question, if you are not confident about it.
There is a sectional time cutoff of 1 hour for each section of CAT exam and thus speed and accuracy in every subject becomes inevitable.
The following table gives you fair idea about the CAT exam pattern:
|Section||What is it about?||Number of questions|
|Quantitative Aptitude – QA||It is all about the ability of a candidate to comprehend numbers and be able to get meaningful results – Mathematics and basics of statistics are involved||34|
|Verbal ability and reading comprehension – VARC||The test here is about the ability of a candidate to comprehend and understand the English language, to such an extent that they can handle businesses later in real time world||34|
|Data interpretation and logical reasoning||The capabilities to apply both Mathematical and English skills to arrive at a logical decision||32|
With the basic knowhow of the CAT 2019, any serious aspirant would be locking for further steps of preparations. Why worry when the experts PaGaLGuY are available 24×7 providing you the right information right from the notification release to the admission of the candidate in their aspiring college or university.
MBA and PaGaLGuY have been synonymous for many years now and will continue to be.
So join our groups and stay updated. Here is the link.
Time to sleeve up and take on CAT 2019, clear it off and move ahead in life.