CAT 2019 Preparation, Syllabus, Result

1,254 Posts  ·  9,129 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on CAT 2019 Preparation, Syllabus, and Get the details about the Common Admission Test Admit Card, Exam Date, Apply Online, Notification, Exam Pattern, Result, Score, Percentile, Vacancy, Salary, Last Date and much more.

● Download Admit card :  23rd October 2019.

● CAT 2019 Exam Date: 24th November, 2019.

Other Important Articles:

CAT 2019: How to Prepare along with other Entrance Exams, Check here for CAT Preparation 2019

To keep track of latest discussions on CAT 2019 Result, Score, Percentile, Admit Card, stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY.

🐈 CAT 2019 Result | Score | Percentile – PaGaLGuY

Page 1 of 126

A, B and C can do a piece of work in 12, 15 and 24 days respectively. All three started working together and C left after working for p days. B left p days before the work got completed. If it took m days to complete the work and m, p are integers, find the value of m.

What I did

when there are two variables, I assume one value to be some value and then I solve

So Total work is 120

A=10 units

B=8 units

C=5 units

Let p=10

23(10)+18(m-20)+10(10)=120

m came out as 50/6

but ans is 7

where I am wrong @TanujA3 @khan.moin00103

1 comment
TanujA3
@TanujA3  ·  380 karma

P is 2 and m is 7. You can't assume that p is 10. Suppose total units are120 units. A works for the entire m days, so, 10m units, B works for (m-p) days, hence 8(m-p) units and C works for initial p days, hence, 5p units. Total is 10m + 8(m-p) + 5p = 120. Relation comes as 6m = p+40. Only one pair of values of (p,m) will satisfy this, i.e. (2,7). Answer = 7.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Selling CL & IMS Cat/noncat mock @ 100/mock. Message only if interested.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

In a textile shop, the number of designer shirts is thrice the number of formal shirts. The shop also has sarees of 3 colours - brown, black and yellow. The number of black sarees is twice the number of brown sarees. The number of yellow sarees is 5 times the number of brown sarees. The number of sarees is twice the number of shirts. Find the least possible number of shirts and sarees in the shop.

Can the answer to this be 0?

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
summi_arora
@summi_arora  ·  2,054 karma

The shop has sarees of different colors. Will this statement too hold true if you were to take 0 as the least number?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
tenfeettall
@tenfeettall  ·  24 karma

Good point!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Post 60024983842006
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@TanujA3 approach?

Post 60023301082164
1 comment
suchi1996
@suchi1996  ·  105 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Will Deputy Secretary General of an MUN or the Head Girl of a schoil be considered as responsibility undertaken? If yes, then personal or professional? 

Also where should I mention social work as a teacher at an orphanage?

Since I have 0 work experience are there any chances of getting a profile based call?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear All,

For queries pertaining to Admissions in NITIE for the Academic Session 2020 - 22, kindly refer to the following link:

https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2020-2022-nitie-mumbai-pgdimpgdisem-official-admissions-helpline-discussion-thread-59697355441332

Regards,

Admissions Committee

NITIE, Mumbai  | PGDIM-26 | 
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

i have unused test series of career launcher for cat 2019, anyone interested.

Please do contact me on +91-9689301726 (either by call or on .......)

1 comment
Abie
@Abie  ·  0 karma

interested (8871100147)

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Those who are preparing for MBA entrance examinations can join the below group. Vocabulary, GK and GD resources will be shared in this group. Exclusive for IIFT, TISS, XAT, CMAT & SNAP t.me/mbaexamspreparation

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Solutions and approach please.

Post 59570872048957
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...