CAT 2019 Preparation, Syllabus, Result

1,166 Posts  ·  8,928 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on CAT 2019 Preparation and Get all the informations about CAT Syllabus, CAT Exam Date, CAT Registration, CAT Exam Pattern, CAT Result and much more..

Stay Connected for Latest Updates and Detailed Information About CAT 2019 Preparation; Also Read Related Articles on CAT Preparation and Get Important Tips For CAT 2019 Exam Preparation. Visit Following Link For CAT 2019 Updates
https://www.pagalguy.com/cat

Page 1 of 117

Hello,

I made the payment for CAT application form on 15th Sept (Sunday), I also received the conformation mail stating that "Your application has been successfully submitted" yet I am unable to get the PDF of my Application form.I am still able to edit it. Also my payment status is 'S'. Can anyone clarify on this ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

#important #Cat19

Good people of this group , please look in my profile and give suggestion

10th and 12th - 90+

graduation - 55.60 , old iit 

2018 batch , prepared gate for psu but didn't get , got m.tech but didn't want to do so gap of 1 year till now.

Won few national level debate,essay competitions.

So prepared for other gov exams after gate, have a few interviews and mains exam in the next 2 months .

Category - SC 

What should i do to get into calcutta or FMS if at all there is a chance ?

What should be my goal realistically ?

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Will CAT 2019 be significantly different from CAT 2018 in terms of difficulty level or the pattern? To be candid, this should not really matter as CAT is really an aptitude test and people with a high level of aptitude should be able to deal with these differences, even if they happen. However, since a lot of people invest their time in predicting as to what IIM K will do with CAT 2019 etc, let me try to answer these. To begin with, the pattern is unlikely to change this year. CAT has been following the current pattern since 2015 and from the IIM K notification there is nothing to suggest that there will be a change. We will know for sure when the sample questions are released in October.

What about the difficulty level then? Well, if you look at the last 4 years, 2015 and 2017 were relatively less complex and the other two years relatively more difficult. Going by that token it may be realistic to expect a slighly easier paper especially in the QA section. I do not expect the other sections to change a great deal - VARC will be moderate and DILR probably at the same level as always. I do expect people to do better this time as the familiarity with the pattern is now high and there are several people taking this test for the 2nd or even 3rd time.

So how will all these impact the key percentiles? Well, you can look to get 95 % at about 130, 98 percentile at 145, 99 percentile at 160 and 99.5 percentile at 170 or so. How much does a GEM need for an IIMC call? I will say 175 plus in this year but do not hold me to it :-)

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Is 1 year experience of Job in CAT consider good??

1 comment
Prashantthakur
@Prashantthakur  ·  2 karma

yes.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Are you not able to progress beyond a score of 30 or so in DILR section? Follow what I suggest in this post and you may be able to have some breakthrough. To begin with start believing that there will be at least 3 sets which are possible to get done in the DILR section. Your first task is to go over each set briefly and take a decision as to whether the set you are looking at is the set you should be doing. In case you have been preparing for CAT seriously and have selected the right set you should be able to do it in 12-15 minutes time. However, do it correctly and complete the 4 questions even if you take more time.

Once you are through with the first set try to repeat the process for other sets. You may only be able to do 2-3 sets initially but over a few mocks things will improve. I have people in my Mentoring program who found it difficult to do 2 sets initially but some of them are now doing 4 sets in many of the ongoing mock tests. Once you get the hang of it, things will improve quite fast. Key thing is to know which set you can do and which one is not worth trying - if you get stuck in a set then the entire section can go for a toss and the exam too is gone.

So no matter how you are doing now, it is possible to get a score of 40+ in DILR, though 50 will be a real stretch. Feel free to ask me any questions on this. Now that my Mentoring program admissions are done I am happy to advise people on specific queries they may have :-)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This weekend is the last two days for admission into my Mentoring program for CAT 2019. the program is designed to achieve calls to the top 12 B schools of the country - IIM BLACKI, FMS, XLRI, SP Jain, MDI, NITIE, IIFT

You can be benefited by my program if you are facing these situations :-

(1) Getting stuck at overall or sectrional scores despite best efforrts. (2) Having volatile mock test scores. (3) Mock test scores are very far from where you need them to be. (4) Doing well in 1-2 sections but very poorly in the 3rd one.

Get back to me if you want to enquire about my Mentoring program. Right now 20 people are in it and I will start a final group by September 15th , maximum participants being 10 here.

If you are interested, get back to me with the following information:-

(1) Full name (2) Category (3) X/XII/Grad scores (4) Detailed CAT 2018 score & 2017 ones (5) Work experience details (6) Current mock test scores (7) Your contact number linked to WhatApp.

I will get back to everyone who writes to me but can only take on 10 people, so the preference will be for ones who I think will get benefited most through the program.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

With only 10 weeks to CAT 2019 your preparations should be hitting a high now and from here you should be looking to do around another 12-15 mock tests. As I said earlier, if you are aiming for ABC calls you will need to get about 170 plus in the CAT test and must be in the range of 140 plus right now. To make it simple, it is still possible to increase your scores by 25-30 marks irrespective of where you may be. Do not worry about percentiles, you need to look at the scores only. Of the 20 people I am mentoring several are in this zone.

However, the above mock scores are a necessary thing but they may not be sufficient. In addition to your intrinsic or acquired aptitude, you will also need a good test taking strategy - in simple words you will need the mechanism to spot the easier questions in each section and make sure you do these correctly. If you are able to do this then a score of 120-130 will be assured under all situations, you can also increase it somewhat. So your aptitude is your potential capability, your test taking strategy helps achieve that potential. Finally you need a good temperament to ensure that you can calm your mind and navigate through the test in an optimal manner to score as much as feasible.

Remember, the objective of taking CAT is not to become a hero, it is simply to maximize your marks. As long as you understand this and have prepared well, you should be fine with it. Just in case you need some help, feel free to reach out to me with your full name and detailed profile - I will get back to you.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone from Chennai? Please respond. I have a query.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

is  anyone interested buying unacadmey plus  one month course ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...