The dates for BITSAT 2019 have been released on the official website of the organization. This is a national level examination that will be conducted by BITS (Birla Institute of Technology and Science) for admissions into integrated first-degree courses that are offered in the university.
Following are the important dates for BITSAT 2019:
|Start of the application process||January 05, 2019|
|End date for applying||March 20, 2019|
|Admit card date||April 12, 2019, to May 13, 2019|
|Exam date||May 16, 2019, to 26, 2019|
|waiting list announcement||June 20, 2019|
Exam pattern for BITSAT 2019:
The interested candidates can apply for the BITSAT 2019 exam if they are eligible to apply for it. The exams will be conducted on multiple dates. The exam will be conducted with 4 parts in it. It will be a computer-based online exam with objective type multiple choice questions. There will be a total of 150 questions with 4 choices in each question.
|Number of parts||Name of the sections||Number of questions|
|Part III||English Proficiency
|Part IV||Mathematics/ Biology (B. Pharm)||45
The result of BITSAT 2019:
- The result for the BITSAT 2019 will be announced after the completion of the exam by the candidates. The results will be announced as the total number of correct answers and wrong answers.
- After the result declaration, each campus will release their own cutoffs as per the category of the candidates and their stream.
- The cutoff for the exam will also be announced along with the result. The result will be followed by the counseling and final admission process. The admit list and wait list will be announced (tentatively) on June 20, 2019.
The process after the result declaration of BITSAT:
After the results for BITSAT are declared, the candidates must get the information regarding the cutoffs and various courses offered by the University. The candidates who are able to clear the cutoff will be allowed to take part in the counseling process.
The cutoff is the minimum score that the candidates must secure in order for the candidates to become eligible to take part in the counseling process.
BITSAT 2019 Scorecard:
- After the test completion, the scores of the candidates will be announced along with the number of correct and wrong answers.
- The candidates can collect their scorecard from the official website of the BITS on the very next day of their exam date. The scorecard can be viewed and taken a print copy for the reference of the candidates.
- The candidates will not be allowed to attempt the exam multiple times the same year.
Steps to download the BITSAT scorecard 2019:
- Visit the official website of the BITS, Pilani
- The notification for the BITSAT 2019 result can be seen on the screen
- Then click the option of the result for the candidates other than the B.Pharm course
- Provide the required details like your application number and password and then click proceed
- Now you will be able to view and download the result of BITSAT 2019.
- The candidates should download and take the print copy of the scorecard.
The scorecard will be required during the time of counseling. so the candidates must have it ready before the commencement of the counseling procedure.
BITSAT 2019 Merit list for admission:
- Two separate merit list will be prepared by the BITS for admission. One for B.Pharm course and the other for all the courses other than the B.Pharm course.
- The scores of the candidates who are able to clear the minimum marks required to be secured in the exam and in the subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects of the 12th standard exam will only be considered for the merit list for admission.
Admit List and Waitlist for BITSAT:
- The names of the candidates who scored more marks than the cutoff will be present on the admit list. Those candidates will be called for the first round of counseling and admission.
- In the waitlist, the names of the candidates who will be called for counseling if the seats are unfilled during the admission round will be present.
Tie- Breaking criteria for BITSAT 2019:
In the case of two or more candidates securing the same scores in the BITSAT exam then Tiebreak will take place which is mentioned below:
- The scores in the Mathematics/Biology will be considered for B. Pharm courses will be considered for preparing the merit list.
- If the score tie exists after the above-mentioned step, then the candidates’ score in Physics subject will be considered for the preparation of the merit list.
- If the tie still continues, then the candidates score in the Chemistry subject will be considered for the merit list preparation.
- Then lastly, the total score of the 12th standard examination of the candidates will be taken into consideration for the preparation of the merit list.