The NMAT by GMAC is a computer-based National Management Admission Test conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council. The examination became computer based in the year 2009. A total of 26 Indian B schools accept the NMAT scores and participate in the examination. From this year a few international colleges in South Africa and the Philippines have also started to accept the NMAT scores. One of the most sought-after management exams of 2018 for the batch starting from 2019 had its examination on the 17th of December 2018. If one is planning to get admitted in any of the 26 B schools that accept the NMAT by GMAC score one needs to know all the details of the paper. This article will help you out with the NMAT details that the aspirant should be aware of.
To Discuss NMAT by GMAC 2018 With Fellow Aspirants Click Here.
- Important dates
The dates in an examination are very crucial and one should know all the important dates very well. Not knowing the dates of the examination and registration may lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- Jul 03 : NMAT by GMAC 2018 Registration: Start Date
- Jul 03 : NMAT by GMAC 2018 Scheduling: Start Date Oct 2018
- Oct 03 : NMAT by GMAC 2018 Registration: End Date
- Oct 04 : NMAT by GMAC 2018 Exam: Start Date
- Oct 04 : NMAT by GMAC 2018 Late Registration: Start Date
- Oct 05 : NMAT by GMAC 2018 Re-take Scheduling-Start Date
- Oct 05 : NMAT by GMAC 2018 Registration – Retake-Start Date
- Oct 14 : NMAT by GMAC 2018 Late Registration-End Date
- Oct 16 : NMAT by GMAC 2018 Scheduling: End Date Dec 2018
- Dec 14 : NMAT by GMAC 2018 Re-scheduling: End Date
- Dec 14 : NMAT by GMAC 2018 Registration – Retake: End Date
- Dec 14 : NMAT by GMAC 2018 Re-take Scheduling: End Date
- Dec 17 : NMAT by GMAC 2018 Exam: End Date Mar 2019
- Mar 31 : NMAT by GMAC 2018: Score Card Download |
The candidate appearing for the NMAT by GMAC paper can appear for the exam three times and the best of the three scores will be considered. The question paper for the NMAT by GMAC consists of three sections.
- Language skills
- Quantitative skills
- Logical reasoning
The candidate will be tested on the above three mentioned sections. Total 120 questions are asked and the candidate is given 120 minutes to answer all the given questions. For each section the number of questions is different.
- The language skills have 32 questions and 22 minutes to solve them
- While the quantitative skills have a total of 48 questions that the candidate needs to solve in 60 minutes
- The logical reasoning section has 40 questions and 38 minutes are provided to solve those questions.
The NMAT by GMAC is a computer-based examination, thus the candidates get only a fixed time to solve the questions and submit the correct answers to those questions.
The syllabus for the NMAT by GMAC exam does not change every year thus it is easier for the candidates to practice for the required questions.
- Reading Comprehension
- Language usage and their rules
- Syntax, and correct grammar
- Fill in the blanks
- Para Jumble
Quantitative Skills, Data Interpretation & DS
- Algebra (Linear/Quadratic Equation)
- Line graph
- Bar graph
- Pie chart
- 2D and 3 D Geometry, and Statistic
- Modern Math
- Number Systems
- Profit and Loss
- Mixture & Solution/Allegations
- Simple/Compound interest
- Permutations and Combinations
- Coordinate Geometry
- Coding & Decoding
- Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments
- Multi-dimensional arrangements
- Family tree
- Numeric grid
- Critical Reasoning
- Statement Conclusions
- Course of Action
- Blood Relations
A few other important details that the candidate should know about the NMAT by GMAC exam are given below.
- There is no negative marking so the candidates are free to give unsure answers without the fright of losing any hard gained marks.
- The candidates can review their answers at the end of the examination if they have the extra time left.
- The candidates get three attempts to give the best paper they can. The highest marking is only chosen when the admission and selection of the candidate are being taken into consideration. This way the candidates get a trial test as well and know where they need to improve.
To know more about this exam, please click here NMAT 2018.