RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2019
Exam pattern is the foremost important factor that all the candidates must be aware of in order to crack the exam. Railway Group D Examination will be conducted in 3 stages. They are:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Examination Test (PET)
- Document Verification
Here comes the detailed explanation of the above three stages of the exam in detail:
- Computer Based Test (CBT):
- It consists of multiple-choice objective type questions
- Required Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories are:
UR- 40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST-30%
There will be a penalty for every wrong answer marked. For each wrong answer given by a candidate, 1/3 of the mark assigned will be deducted. If a question is left blank, no penalty will be awarded:
|SERIAL NUMBER||SECTIONS||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||
|2||General intelligence & reasoning||30|
|4||General Awareness on Current Affairs||20|
2. Physical Examination Test (PET):
A candidate must get qualified in the Physical Examination Training in order to be selected in the final round of Railway Group D Recruitment.
|MALE CANDIDATES||FEMALE CANDIDATES|
|Must lift and carry 35 kg of weight in 2minutes for 100 meters without leaving the weight down in a single chance.||Must lift and carry 20 kg of weight in 2 minutes for 100 meters in a single chance without leaving the weight down.|
|Must be able to run a distance of1000 meter in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in a single chance.||Must be able to run 1000 meter in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in a single chance.|
3. Document Verification:
Based on the performance of the candidates in the Computer Based Examination and their qualifying nature in Physical Examination Training, candidates will be called for document verification. In the case of two or more candidates securing same marks, their merit position will be determined by seniority in respective of their ages (i.e.,) elder ones will be given priority. The selected candidates will be appointed by considering their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test, final verification of educational qualification and community certificates and verification of antecedents/character of the candidates.
During the document verification, the candidates must possess the following documents. They are as follows:
- Matriculation/ high school exam certificate/ certificate from registered ITI
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate for waiving exam fee
- NOC certificate for serving employees/ Ex-serviceman
- Medical certificate for candidates with disabilities
RRB Group D Exam Preparation Tips:
The foremost important thing in RRB Group D exam is that to know thoroughly about the exam pattern and syllabus. Or else the candidate cannot get a clear picture of how the exam is to be. For the candidates to get selected in the RRB Group D exam, it is necessary for the candidates to score high marks as possible in the Computer Based Test (CBT). We have shared the Railway Group D preparation tips for the convenience of the students and for them to get qualified in the examination.
Here are some tips for RRB Group D exam related to general awareness and current affairs:
- Practice reading Newspaper daily. As we all know, nowadays general awareness plays an important role in every competitive exam. So, it is essential to regularly read newspapers to be aware of current affairs that are happening around the world. When compared to all other sections General Awareness does not consume much time in attempting it. So, it is easy to secure more marks in GK section which can also increase the cut-off of the candidate.
- Collect some quality study material. It is essential to refer to various websites, books, and other study material to increase the knowledge in General Awareness.
- Practice learning daily for a fixed period. It is very much important to practice learning daily. It is advisable to read the current affairs magazines related to Railway exams of last few months.
Important topics to be taken care of:
- Countries, its capital and currencies
- Books and their Authors
- National and international awards
- Indian geography and its constitution
- Indian history
- Indian polity, budget, and its economy
- Science and technology
- Other national and international events.
Here are some tips for RRB Group D exam for Mathematics:
Mainly it is necessary to have a good knowledge of basic, high school mathematics for this examination.
Important topics to be taken care of:
- The candidates must give more importance to their weak topics and where they often make mistakes.
- The candidates must often practice the formulas that are difficult to remember.
- Try to avoid the topics that are extremely difficult, and it is also advisable to use their time in learning other topics.
- Attempt mock test regularly in order to increase the speed of answering the questions.
- Firstly, start with easy topics that involve simple calculations and application of formulas alone. Choose topics like LCM, HCF, simple interest and compound interest, average, percentage, and profit, etc.
- Secondly, start with topics which are slightly harder than the above-mentioned topics such as simplification, time and distance, boats and streams, pipes and cisterns, etc. Try to work out more problems involving these topics in order to increase the calculation speed.
- Make a note of important formulas and have a look at it often in order to have it in your memory for a longer period.
Here are some tips for RRB Group D Exam regarding General Intelligence and Reasoning:
- This section will be a little bit confusing and time to consume. So, it is necessary to be patient in solving the reasoning questions.
- Daily practice the topics like blood relations, distance, and directions, puzzles, number, and alphabet series in order to increase the speed and accuracy in completing these questions.
- Next, try topics that are slightly difficult when compared to the above topics. Syllogism, coding and decoding, input and output, statement questions, seating arrangements, etc. Solve these types of questions as many as possible.
Tips for RRB Group D Exam regarding General Science:
- Learn 9th and 10th class science subject textbooks regularly.
- Attempt mock test related to these topics regularly.
- It is important to spend more time on scientific names, equations, and formulas and practice them regularly.
Last minute general tips for cracking Computer Based Examination:
- Revise regularly
- Solve as many questions as possible.
- Solve previous years question papers in order to get a clear knowledge of the questions that the candidate must attend in their exams.
- Also, while solving the questions it is very important to control the timing of answering each question.
- Try to concentrate on the type of questions that are difficult for candidates in solving.
- Take several RRB Group D mock tests.
- Also, try to regularly revise the theoretical topics in order to remember them.
- Create a timetable allocate timings for learning each topic.
As the exam syllabus is same as that of bank clerical exam and PO exams. The candidates can practice bank mock tests that will help them in improving their scores.