OJEE 2019 Exam Information
Odisha Joint Entrance Examination is a state level examination conducted for providing admission in various undergraduate, masters and lateral entry. It is a state-government controlled centralized exam for access to many private and governmental medical, engineering & management institutions in Odisha. The examination is taken after the 12th grade, and the courses include B. Architecture, B. Pharmacy, BDS, MBA, MCA, PDCM, PGDM, M. Pharma, and M. Tech. Earlier the MBSS and B. Tech courses were also included, but after the announcement of All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and JEE (Main), these two courses were excluded.
It has seen the increasing number of students taking the examination which is approximately 300000. The exam is accompanied by the students who have studied pure science stream in class 12 level with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. It is due to the announcement of All India Common Medical Entrance Exam (NEET) presently it is being conducted only for engineering colleges.
The highlights of OJEE 2019 exam are as follows:
|Exam Name||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE)|
|Conducting Body||OJEE Board (OJEEB)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Courses offered||Undergraduate, Lateral Entry and post graduate|
|Candidates expected to appear||52000|
|Admission Courses offered||First -Degree courses in Pharmacy
Lateral Admission to second year (Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy/MCA)
First-year master’s degree Courses in M. Arch, M. pharm, M. Tech, B.Tech, Computer application, M. Plan, Business Administration (MBA)
|Official Website and Email||https://www.odishajee.com/index.php
There are different forms for different courses offered by the Odisha Joint Entrance Examination, and the candidates would need to carefully choose the course code and the application form for the admission. The OJEE entrance exam is conducted in May or April and is held in 20 cities. The top ten participating institutes in OJEE exam are:
- Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Sambalpur
- Orissa School of Mining Engineering, Keonjhar
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology, Sarang
- CV Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar
- Government College of Engineering, Kalahandi
- Parala Maharaja Engineering College, Berhampur
- Silicon Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar
- Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Gunupur
- Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar
- Gandhi Institute for Technological Advancement, Bhubaneswar
OJEE 2019 Exam Date
OJEE Board has announced the important dates for the Odisha Joint Entrance Exam for the year 2019. The main exam is scheduled for 13th May 2019 in offline mode. The duration of examination is different for each programme which can be about 2 to 3 hours.
It is from the year 2018 that the Orissa Government has decided to conduct the OJEE exam twice a year – one in May and special in July month for the admission to various courses.
The schedule for the events is mentioned within the following table:
|Application form available||30th January till 27th March 2019|
|Issue of Admit Card||20th April till 25th April 2019|
|Exam date for OJEE 2019||13th May 2019|
|Declaration of result for OJEE 2019 exam||First week of June 2019|
|Answer Key display||One week after Exam|
|Counselling for OJEE Begins||Last Week of June 2019|
|Application for Special OJEE Exam||Fourth week of June 2019|
|Admit card issuance for Special 2019||Third week of July 2019|
|Special OJEE exam||21st July 2019|
|Result declaration for special exam||Fourth week of July 2019|
|First Allotment||Last week of July 2019|
|Document Verification||First Week of August 2019|
|Seat Allotment||First week of August 2019|
Candidates appearing for entrance exam for B. Pharm or B. Pharma (Lateral Entry) / PGAT for M. Tech / M. Arch / M Plan / M Pharm / MCA / MCA (Lateral Entry) / MBA should check the below exam time table for the examination to be held on 13th May 2019:
OJEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates planning to appear for OJEE ought to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the examination. The OJEE board has laid down the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidate should be the citizen of India
- NRI candidates should hold the Indian passport to apply for the examination.
- Candidates must belong to Odisha State for admission to the government colleges.
- Candidates who do not belong to Odisha state will not be eligible for the admission to the government colleges.
- Candidate should be minimum of 17 years age or above for the undergraduate courses. There is no upper limit specified for OJEE course.
- There are no specific age requirements for the lateral Entry courses, but candidates must have diploma or degree program.
- Candidates must be minimum of 21 years of age for the post graduate courses and there is no upper age limit specified.
The course wise detailed eligibility criteria are as follows:
|Course||Qualifying Exam||Minimum Marks||Age limit|
|B. Tech||Must have JEE Main Score and must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as the compulsory subjects||Percentage in class 12 is 45% for general and 40% for SC/ST||There is no age limit|
|B. Arch||JEE Main Rank is required to apply||For Architecture Course must have scored 50% in PCM
For Marine Engineering must have scored 60% in PCM
|There is no age limit|
|B. Pharma||Must be from science stream with Physics and Chemistry as Compulsory subjects along with any one from Mathematics or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical vocational||General candidates must have scored 45% and SC/ST candidates 40% in aggregate||There is no age limit|
|M. Tech||Must have Bachelors /Masters degree in B. Tech or M.Sc||Must have scored 50% for general candidates and 45% for SC/ST||There is no age limit|
|M.B. A||Candidates must be Graduate or have bachelor’s degree in engineering or Architecture or Technology or Pharmacy||Must have scored at least 50% for general candidates or 45% for SC/ST category candidates||There is no age limit|
|MCA||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline however Business Mathematics will not be considered.
Should have mathematics in 12 or graduation
|Must have scored 50% for general candidates and 45% for SC / ST category candidates||There is no age limit|
|BAMS & BHMS Courses||Must have passed 12th with subjects Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Botany & Zoology)
Candidates should pass NEET 2019 exam
|Must have scored minimum 50% marks for General Candidates and 40% for SC/ST candidates in PCB||Should be 17 years and above as on 31st December|
|Admission to Lateral Entry Courses (Diploma Holders)||Must have completed 3 years diploma in engineering /technology||Must have scored minimum 45% marks for general candidates and 40% marks for SC/ST candidates||There is no age limit|
|LE TECH (Marine)||Must have diploma in Marine, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics||Must have scored 55% marks||There is no age limit|
|Lateral Entry courses (B. Sc. Or +3 Sc. Students)||Must have bachelor’s degree in science
subjects of Engineering Graphics/Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the 1st year engineering course
|Must have scored 45% marks for general candidates or 40% for SC/ST candidates||There is no age limit|
OJEE 2019 Registration
The application for OJEE exam is through the online mode, and the method of payment is net banking or credit card or debit card or SBI E challan. Applicants would be required to fill the application form from the last week of January 2019 till May 2019. Candidates would need to choose from the six different types available for the various courses. The cost application is modified as per the forms; the fees are INR 1500 for form E, and all others form it is INR 1000. It should be noted that the authorities will reject applications with incomplete information or the applications after the last date. As they will not inform or ask the candidates to complete the data in the application form; candidates should be careful while filling the application form.
Candidates can follow the following detailed procedure to fill OJEE application form 2018:
- Applicants would have to register for the exam by providing the required basic details.
- Candidates will receive the registration number after the submission of details
- Candidates would need to fill other qualification details in the application form after the registration.
- The next step is to upload the photograph, signature and the left thumb impression. The documents should be uploaded in JPEG or JPG format, and the size of documents to upload are as follows:
|Documents Required||File Size||File Dimensions|
|Photograph of the candidate||5 to 99 KB||3.5 * 4.5 cm|
|Signature of the candidate||5 to 50 KB||3.5 * 1.5 cm|
|Thumb Impression of the candidate||5 to 50 KB||3.5 * 1.5 cm|
- Candidates should check all the details carefully before the final submission as they would not be able to edit or modify after the final submission.
- Candidates can then submit the fees online through any of online mode.
- It is highly recommended that the candidates should take out the print out of confirmation page for the future references.
The different type of forms available are as follows:
OJEE 2019 Exam Pattern
Odisha Joint Entrance Examination has various pattern for all courses. The exam is conducted offline and medium of exam will be English. The question paper has multiple choice type questions and answers have to be marked with black / blue pen. Candidates will score four marks for each correct answer and one mark will be deducted for wrong answer. Candidates will be provided with the OMR sheet which will be divided into two parts – Part A and Part B. The first part which part A is will contain the basic details like roll number, question booklet number, name and signature of candidate, name of exam centre and signature of invigilator. Candidates will mark the answers in the part B. The OJEE will consists of questions of equal weightage. The Odisha Joint Entrance Exam is usually conducted in three sessions which are as follows:
Session 1 is for the candidates appearing for Physics & Chemistry (for B. Pharma / BHMS / BAMS), MBA, M. Plan and LE Diploma Courses
|Timing of the session||9:00 AM to 11:00 AM|
|Questions format||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||120|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for correct answer
-1 for wrong answer
Session 2 is for the candidates appearing for Mathematics (for B. Pharm / BHMS / BAMS) LE B. Sc Engineering (+3 Sc.) LE B. Pharm integrated MBA (5 Years) M. Pharm and M. Plan:
|Timing of the session||12:00 pm to 1:00 pm|
|Questions Format||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||60 to 90 based on course|
|Marking Scheme||+4 marks for correct answer
-1 marks for wrong answer
Session 3 is further divided into 2 slots. The highlights of Slot 1 are as follows:
|Timing of the session||02:30 pm to 3:30 pm|
|Courses||Biology for B. Pharm / BHMS /BAMS|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice questions|
|Number of questions||60|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for correct answer
-1 for wrong answer
|Medium of Exam||English|
The highlights of Slot 2 are as follows:
|Timing||02:30 pm to 4:30 pm|
|Question format||Multiple Choice Question|
|Number of Questions||60 -120|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for correct answer
-1 for Wrong answer
The number of questions per subject are as follows:
For B. Pharm / BAMS / BHMS
OJEE 2019 Syllabus
Orissa Board usually displays the syllabus of the OJEE on the official website and there is almost no change in the syllabus from previous years. Important topics for each section are provided below:
|For Pharmacy||Physics||Physics Syllabus for the OJEE B. Pharm is considered to be the toughest section in the exam. The topics for the section include Heat and Thermodynamics, Current Electricity, Optics, Wave Motion and SHM, Measurements and motion, Electricity and Magnetism, Liquids, Relativity and Nuclear Physics, Characteristics of Materials.|
|Chemistry||The syllabus of Chemistry includes the topics such as Equilibrium, Chemical Kinetics, Solutions, Introduction to organic Chemistry, Aromatic Compounds, Types of Chemical Reactions, Solid State of Matter, Liquid state of Matter, Types of Chemical Reactions, Solutions, Gaseous State of Matter, Nuclear Chemistry, Non-Metals and properties, Chemical bonds, Biochemistry, Aromatic Compounds, Chemistry in service of mankind.|
|Mathematics||Mathematics Syllabus includes the topics Calculus – Differential and Integral, Vectors, Quadratic Polynomials, Sequence and Series, Coordinate Geometry of two dimensions, Probability and Statistics Logic Sequence and Series, Algebra of Sets, Vectors, Number System, Differential Calculus, Determinants and Matrices, the calculus, Trigonometry, Differential Equations, Coordinate geometry of three dimensions, Number Systems, Quadratic Polynomials|
|Biology||Biology Syllabus includes the topics Control and Coordination, Animal Reproduction and Human Development, Human Physiology and Biology in Human Welfare, Genetics and Evolution, Ecology, Diversity of Plant life, Plant Physiology and Processes in Plants|
|LE Diploma||AC Theory, Storage Devices, wiring and power building and basic syllabus of electrical Engineering, Fundamentals, Storage Devices, Conversion of Electrical Energy, generation of Electrical power, AC theory, Measuring instruments, Wiring and power building. Syllabus for Mathematics include topics of Calculus, Statistics and Probability, vector Algebra and Trigonometry, Ordinary Differential Equation, Trigonometry , Coordinate Geometry of three Dimension, Algebra, Calculus Matrices and Determinants, Analytical Geometry, Statistics and Probability. And Engineering Mechanics include Force Moments, Simple Lifting Machine, Centre of Gravity and Moment of Inertia, Simple Stress and Strain, Friction Dynamics, and Gear Drive.|
|LE B Sc||Mathematics||The syllabus of Mathematics includes topics such as Logic, Algebra of Sets, Sequence and Series, Differential Calculus, Vectors, Number System, Integral Calculus, Determinants and Matrices, Coordinate Geometry of three dimensions, Statistics and Probability, Number System, Trigonometry, Differential Equations, Coordinate geometry of two dimensions, Quadratic Polynomials.|
|Physics||The syllabus of Physics includes topics like Mechanics, Oscillations, Physical Optics, Motion of charged particles in electric and magnetic field, Quantum Mechanics, Solid State Physics, Week Spectra, Electrostatics, Magnetostatics, Electric Current Magnetism, Kinetic Theory of Matter, Band Structure, Electronics, Field effect Transistors, Thermodynamics, Time Varying Fields, Kinetic theory of Gases, Electromagnetic Waves, Solid State Devices, Semiconductor Devices.|
|Chemistry||The syllabus of Chemistry includes topics like Chemical Bonding, s-Block Elements, Thermochemistry, Thermodynamics, Phase equilibrium, Chemical equilibrium p-Block Elements, Electrochemistry-I, Coordination Compounds, Chemistry of Noble Gases, Electrochemistry-II Structure, Atomic Structure, Stereochemistry of Organic, bonding and mechanism of Organic reactions, compounds, Periodic Properties.|
|MBA||The question paper has divided into 5 sections which are as follows:
• Verbal Reasoning – it is to test the ability of the candidates to think constructively and vocabulary recognition.
• Analytical Reasoning – It is to test the ability to consider a group of facts and rules and to determine what could or must be true.
• Comprehension – It is to test the reading ability of the candidates as the questions will be based on a passage given.
• General Knowledge – It is to test the general awareness of the candidates and knowledge on the current affairs.
• Computer and fundamentals – It are to test the basic knowledge of the computers and business guidelines.
|MCA||The syllabus for MCA includes other topics Along with the section to assess the basic computer awareness. The topics for Mathematics include Logic, Differential Calculus, Sequence and Series, Algebra of Sets, Determinants and Matrices, Vectors, Trigonometry, Number System, Differential Equations, Co-ordinate geometry of two dimensions, Co-ordinate geometry of three dimensions, Integral calculus, Number System, Probability and Statistics, and Quadratic Polynomials.|
OJEE 2019 Admit Card
Admit Card for OJEE 2019 will be released on 20th April 2019 and can be downloaded from the official website. It can only be accessible from the online mode and is the very important document for the entry in the examination hall. Admit card of the candidate will contain all the necessary information which are as follows:
- It will have the applicant’s name
- The roll number of the candidate
- It will have date and time of exam
- It will have exact address / venue of the exam centre
- It would contain the general instructions which the candidate should read carefully.
Only the registered candidates would be able to download the admit card through the following steps:
- Candidates would need to visit the official website
- The next step is to click on the link Download Admit Card- OJEE 2019
- The next step is to click on login and fill login details like application number, password and security key.
- Candidates can now download the admit card and click submit to view the admit card. Candidates are highly recommended to check dates and timings of the exam and other details.
- If it is necessary to edit the details of the candidates, then the candidates can request the board to change and get the new one before the last date of downloading the admit card.
- Candidate must bring the same photograph which is pasted on a confirmation slip at the day of the examination.
- It is necessary to take the print out of the admit card as the hard copy for further use.
Candidates should carry the admit card, application form and the photo ID proof on the examination day. It is best that candidate take the two copies of the admit card as the one copy will be submitted to the examination hall after signing by the invigilator and the second copy must be preserve by the candidate for future references.
Odisha Joint Entrance Exam is conducted on the following exam centres – Angul, Balasore, Baripada, Bhawanipatna, Rayagada, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Sarang, Berhampur, Bhadrak, Bhubaneshwar, Bolangir, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Jagatsinghpur, Jeypore, Jharsuguda, Kendrapara, Keonjhar, Phulbani, and Puri.
OJEE 2019 Result
The result for OJEE 2019 is expected to be declared in May 2019 and candidates can download the result as merit list from the official website. Candidates can check the result with their date of Birth & roll number. Candidates who score the minimum category and course-wise cut off marks will be called for the counselling round.
Candidates who wish to know the subject wise marks can send a written request with INR 400 to the board. However, it should be done within the ten days of the publishing of the result. Candidates should follow the following steps to download the result:
- Candidates should visit the official website.
- The next step is to find the link “OJEE Result 2019” and click on it.
- Candidates should enter the details like roll number and date of birth.
- Now the merit list will be available for download
- Candidates can download or take the print out for further reference.
The scorecard will have the following details:
- It would have the candidates name
- It would have the Roll Number
- It would have the total aggregate marks.
Candidates who are eligible for the counselling round would need to register themselves online from the official website. The seat allotment is alone completed during the counselling session. The seat is allotted as per the merit list rank and the choice of the candidate filled in the application form. Candidates would be informed of the date, time and venue of the verification process through the contact details provided in the application form. It is necessary that the candidates carry all the mentioned documents along with the photocopies. The documents that need to be carried are:
- The registration form of OJEE
- The Rank Card of OJEE
- JEE Main Rank Card
- Certificates for 10th and 12th class
- SC / ST candidates should carry the caste certificate
- 6 Passport size photographs should be carried
- Valid photo ID proof
The cut off of OJEE is usually on the basis of various factors such as Number of students appeared for the exam, Number of candidates who have qualified the exam, Difficulty level of the exam, Number of seats available and the reservation policy. The expected cut off for OJEE 2019 is as follows:
|Unreserved Category||690 – 450||1 – 14059|
|Other Backword Class||457 – 454||14058 -14909|
|Scheduled caste||451 – 327||14240 – 61231|
|Scheduled Tribe||451 -288||14481 – 83162|
|Physically Handicapped- Unreserved||448 – 345||15167 – 61456
|Physically handicapped – OBC||321 – 323||62233 -67799|
|Physically handicapped – SC||315 -302||66314 – 73737|
Candidates can also check the previous year cut off and may estimate this year cut off. The previous year cut off with the opening and closing rank is as follows: