Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (IIT Roorkee) Campus Facilities
IIT Roorkee Campus Facilities
IIT Roorkee, 30 kilometres away from Haridwar, is located on the foothill of the Himalayas in Uttarakhand. Full of natural greenery and healthy environment, the campus is built over an area of 365 acres. The institute has one more campus near Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh. The campus at Roorkee is well connected to Haridwar and Delhi via roadways and railways. Within the campus, modern classrooms, laboratories and computer labs are present. The whole campus is Wi-FI enabled to ensure a smooth process of communication and learning.
- The institute has high-speed internet connections that go up as high as 80mbps. Ethernet and intranet facilities are also available which are also high in quality.
- The library is huge and built into four floors. It is fully air-conditioned and provides a good environment for concentration for studies and research. The library has a collection of over 3,20,000 documents, online journals, e-books, physical books, audio-video material etc.
- Hostel facilities are available for outstation students separately for boys and girls. There are seven hostel buildings for boys, three buildings for girls and six for married couples. Food and wifi connectivity is included in the hostels. The hostel fees are also very affordable for the students.
There are additional facilities on the campus that ensure comfortable living for the students living at the campus. They are:
- Mess hall
- Hangout places
- Post office
- Aarohi Child Care Centre
- Railway reservation counter
- Places of worship
- Yoga Bhawan
- Swimming pool
- Basketball and tennis courts
- Guest Houses
The students on the campus are always engaged in co-curricular activities apart from learning for their course. They organize committees and clubs for each and every hobby so that the students can be relaxed from their hectic schedules. The campus has clubs for activities like photography, fine arts, modelling, gardening etc.apart from the hobby clubs, there are also UG and PG clubs and Jawahar Club, which is for sports activities. Fests are also held separately for every department each year.