IIT Roorkee offers a four-year B.Tech program with ten specializations. The institute also offers 5-year dual degree programs (B.Tech + M.Tech). The detailed structure of the IIT Roorkee B.Tech and B.Arch program is provided below.
B.Tech Specializations at IIT Roorkee:
- Engineering in Chemistry
- Engineering & Polymer Science
- Construction Engineering
- Engineering in Electrical
- Engineering in Electronics and Communication
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Engineering, Mechanical
- Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering
- Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
- Engineering Physics
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Roorkee
B.Tech & B.Arch 10+2 in Science Stream from a reputed board with Mathematics & Physics as main subjects. This institute also takes JEE Advanced scores into account. JoSAA Counselling determines the final IIT Roorkee admission.
Criteria for IIT Roorkee B.Tech & B.Arch Admission
- Candidates must take the JEE Advanced entrance exam.
- Eligible candidates must register for JoSSA, where counseling will take place.
- JoSAA releases the opening and closing ranks of each specialization in different rounds.
- IIT Roorkee confirms admission of eligible candidates based on a minimum rank cutoff.
How to Apply for IIT Roorkee B.Tech & B.Arch Admission 2022?
To begin, 10+2 candidates with a valid JEE Advanced score must register for JoSSA, which handles the counselling and seat allocation process.
First, a registration form must be completed, followed by choice selection. It is critical to secure all preferred options. JoSSA Counselling consists of several rounds, each of which includes document verification and seat acceptance/withdrawal. When a candidate is offered a seat in any round, he or she must download a provisional allotment letter and pay the seat acceptance fee. Candidates may float/freeze/slide options for the assigned seat.
The following documents would be required for admission to IIT Roorkee:
- 2 passport-sized photographs were uploaded during the JEE Advanced registration process.
- Marksheet for Class XII.
- Letter of provisional seat allocation.
- Candidate’s undertaking
- Acceptance of a seat
- The Government of India has issued a photo identity card.
- JEE Advanced admit card and scorecard
- Proof of birthdate (class X mark sheet).
- Certificate of Category/Disability
- Candidates’ and parents’ passports
- Registration and confirmed seat allocation choices
Admission to IIT Roorkee for M.Tech/M.Arch/M.U.R.P. in 2022
The GATE score of the candidates is used to determine admission to M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.U.R.P. Admission is available to both full-time and part-time sponsored candidates. All academic programmes must be completed in four semesters for Full-Time candidates and six semesters for Part-Time candidates.
The final IIT Roorkee M.Tech admission is based on the Common Offer Acceptance Portal or COAP Counselling.
M.Tech/M.Arch/MURP at IIT Roorkee Eligibility:
- M.Tech: A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 60% marks or a CGPA of 6 on a 10-point scale is required. SC/ST/PD candidates must have a minimum of 55% or a CGPA of 5.50.
- B.Arch or an equivalent degree from a recognized university is required for M.Arch.
- M.U.R.P. requires a B.Arch (or equivalent) or a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering/B. Planning from a recognized university.
The eligibility conditions outlined above apply to all regular, full-time sponsored, and part-time sponsored candidates.
- Final-year students who will complete all requirements of their qualifying examination, including back papers (s) / supplementary(ies), before the registration deadline are also eligible to apply for IIT Roorkee admission 2021.
- Candidates must also have a valid GATE score in order to be considered for admission to M.Tech/M.Arch/M.U.R.P. programmes.
- IIT graduates with a minimum CGPA of 8.00 on a 10-point scale will be offered direct admission without GATE.
IIT Roorkee M.Tech/M.Arch/M.U.R.P. Selection Criteria:
- GATE-qualified candidates are selected solely on the basis of valid normalized GATE scores.
- Non-GATE Candidates: Regular B.Tech degree holders from IITs who do not have a GATE score must have a CGPA of at least 8.
- Candidate Sponsors: For sponsored candidates with full-time and part-time work experience, an interview, written test, and relevant experience are required.
How to Apply for IIT Roorkee M.Tech/M.Arch/M.U.R.P. Admission?
To begin, eligible candidates with valid GATE scores must apply on the IIT Roorkee website’s admission portal. After that, candidates must register on COAP’s official website in order to participate in the counseling process. The GATE COAP has three stages: registration, online seat allocation, and admission acceptance.
COAP counseling rounds are held after registration, based on the preferred course and institute, as well as the GATE score. Each round, the candidate has the option of accepting and freezing, retaining and waiting or rejecting and waiting.
After the selection has been frozen, candidates must confirm their seats by paying the confirmation fee and receiving the provisional allotment letter.
NOTE: When completing the application form, candidates may apply to a maximum of four departments and may prioritise up to thirteen academic programmes
|General/ GEN-EWS/ OBC Category||INR 300/-|
|PD/ SC/ ST Category||INR 150/-|
GATE 2022 Qualifying Marks
The qualifying cutoff for GATE 2022 is the minimum score required to register for counselling. There is a distinction between the institute’s admission cutoff and the minimum cutoff required for participation in the admission process/counselling. The minimum cutoff marks that a candidate must achieve in order to qualify for the GATE examination and register for the corresponding counselling process are listed below.
|GATE Paper 2022||GATE 2022 Qualifying marks|
|Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)||25||22.5||16.6|
|Electronics and Communications Engineering (EC)||25||22.5||16.5|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||30.7||27.6||20.4|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||25.3||22.7||16.8|
|Instrumentation Engineering (IN)||42.4||38.1||28.2|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||28.1||25.2||18.7|
|Geomatics Engineering (GE)- New Paper||40.4||36.3||26.9|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||30.4||27.4||20.2|
|Agricultural Engineering (AG)||26.3||23.6||17.5|
|Ecology and Evolution (EY)||33.4||30||22.4|
|Mining Engineering (MN)||25.5||22.9||17|
|Metallurgical Engineering (MT)||46.2||41.5||30.8|
|Life Sciences (XL)||33.9||30.5||22.5|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF)||36.8||34.9||25.6|
|Engineering Sciences (XE)||40.3||36.2||26.8|
- Photograph and signature scanned
- Valid photo identification (Aadhaar Card/Passport/Driving License/PAN Card/Voter ID/College ID/Employee Identification Card/Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth, and Residential Address).
- Certificate of Degree/Provisional Certificate/Course Completion
- Copy of V/VI/VII semester mark sheet
- Final-year students must submit a Provisional Certificate Letter in the format specified by the Institute’s Home/Dean/Registrar/Head of Department.
- In the case of professional equivalent qualifications, candidates in their final year of AMIE must submit their mark sheet for Section A of AMIE.
- Caste/Disability Certificate or Persons with Disabilities Certificate (if applicable).
- Candidates pursuing a higher degree or master’s degree must submit proof of their qualifying degree.
MBA Admissions to IIT Roorkee in 2022
The MBA programme at IIT Roorkee lasts two years and is divided into eight terms. The institute’s MBA programme is ranked 35th by Business Today and 48th by the Economics Times. The cutoff for the IIT Roorkee CAT is around the 94th percentile.
MBA Eligibility at IIT Roorkee
- Graduates in any discipline with a minimum of 60% in aggregate (55 percent for SC/ST/PD) are eligible to apply. Final-year students are also eligible to apply.
- The CAT score is also taken into account by the institute.
- Shortlisted candidates must attend a personal interview/Written Ability Test based on the above criteria (WAT)
- MBA Selection Criteria at IIT Roorkee
The following selection criteria are used for IIT Roorkee MBA admission.
- 60 percent on the CAT
- Personal Interview: 30%
- 10% of work experience (2 marks for completion of each year)
- IIT graduates with JEE advanced are chosen entirely on the basis of PI.
- Female candidates receive a 10% reduction in the WAT and Personal Interview.
- JEE-qualified IIT graduates with a CGPA of 7 or higher but less than 8 are exempt from CAT and will be called directly for PI/WAT.
- IIT graduates with a JEE score of 8 or higher will be offered direct admission.
Admission to IIT Roorkee MDes and MIM 2022
MDes and MIM are new academic programs at IIT Roorkee that will begin in August 2021. Final-year students who have completed all of the requirements of their qualifying examination, including back paper(s) / supplementary(ies), may apply for M.Des (Industrial Design)
M.Des. (Industrial Design): Any candidate who has completed a four-year graduate degree in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2 and with a valid CEED/ GATE score.
MIM (Masters in Innovation Management): Any candidate who has completed a graduate degree in any discipline with 5 years of post-degree experience and a valid CAT/ GMAT/ GATE score is eligible to apply.
M.Des (Industrial Design): Aptitude Test and Personal Interview IIT Roorkee MDes & MIM Selection Criteria
Group Discussion and Personal Interview for MIM (Masters in Innovation Management).
Fee for Application
The application fee for both the MDes and MIM programs is non-refundable. The fee is payable via Net Banking, Debit Card, or Credit Card. The fee will not be accepted in any other way. The fees are as follows:
- SC/ ST/ PD: INR 250 GEN/ GEN-EWS/ OBC:
- INR 500 SC/ ST/ PD: INR 250
How Do You Apply?
- Visit the official website at https://www.iitr.ac.in/admissions/pages/Postgraduate.html for more information.
- Fill out an application for admission.
- Complete the application form
- Pay the online fee by selecting “Payment Process.”
- Fill out the application form (Make a copy of the entire file.) This printout should NOT be submitted to IIT Roorkee. It is only for the candidate’s personal records.)
- The application sequence number generated on the downloaded application form will be used in all future correspondence.
- Candidates will be emailed their User ID (application sequence number) and password.
- The admission process will be governed by IIT Roorkee’s rules and regulations.
Documents to be uploaded include:
- The photograph was taken recently
- Valid CEED/CAT/ GMAT/ GATE Score Card Candidate’s Signature (whichever is applicable).
- The tenth certificate
- Diploma/Secondary Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree or pre-final/consolidated grade point average (whichever is applicable)
- If applicable, certificates of work experience.
- Statement of Purpose, if applicable SC/ ST/ OBC/ GEN-EWS/ PD Certificate
M.Sc Admission to IIT Roorkee 2022
Economics, Applied Geology, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry are among the five specializations available at IIT Roorkee. Candidates must take the JAM entrance examination to be admitted to the M.Sc program at IIT Roorkee.
M.Sc Eligibility Criteria at IIT Roorkee
- Candidates must have at least 55% or a CGPA of 5.5 in their Bachelor’s degree (for SC/ST/PWD candidates, a minimum of 50% or a CGPA of 5.0 is required).
- Candidates must pass the IIT JAM examination.
- Foreign nationals must have an Indian degree and follow the admission policy of IIT Roorke.
M.Sc Selection Criteria at IIT Roorkee
Candidate selection is done through JOAPS counselling. Seats are assigned based on JAM entrance test scores, choice filling, availability of seats, categories, and other factors.
M.Sc. Application Process at IIT Roorkee
- Visit the JOAPS official website.
- Register by entering all required information such as the Candidate’s Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Qualification, and so on.
- Candidates will receive an Enrollment ID after registering.
- Enter your Enrollment ID and password to access the JOAPS portal.
- Fill out the application form, specifying the number of papers and your preferred city.
- Upload scanned images of your photograph and signature, as well as your SC/ST/PwD certificate (if applicable).
- Pay the application fee online and fill out the IIT JAM application form.
MSc Seats at IIT Roorkee in 2022
The intake capacity for students admitted to the MSc programme is listed below. The total number of seats includes students from all categories, including General, EWS, OBC-NCL, SC, and ST. The table below shows the seat intake by specialization for the MSc program:
Admission to IIT Roorkee Integrated M.Sc 2022
IIT Roorkee provides a five-year Integrated M.Sc (B.Sc+M.Sc) program with three specializations: physics, chemistry, and mathematics. Students who successfully complete the program will receive a B.Sc. and an M.Sc. Candidates must take the JEE Advanced exam to be considered for admission to the programme.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Roorkee Integrated M.Sc
Candidates must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized board of education to be eligible for admission to the Integrated M.Sc (B.Sc+M.Sc) program at IIT Roorkee.
Selection Criteria for IIT Roorkee Integrated M.Sc
Candidates are chosen based on their performance in JEE Advanced, followed by JoSAA counseling. Seats are assigned based on JEE Advanced rank, seat availability, category, and other factors.
IIT Roorkee Integrated M.Sc Cutoff 2022 (Expected)
|Specialization||Opening & Closing Ranks 2021|
|Mathematics and Computing||1315-1589|
Admission to IIT Roorkee PG Diploma 2022
For sponsored candidates, IIT Roorkee offers a one-year PG Diploma in three specializations: Hydrology, Irrigation Water Management, and Water Resources Development. Candidates must take the GATE entrance examination to be considered for admission to the program.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Roorkee PG Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in Hydrology or M.Sc./M.Tech. in a related field.
- M.Sc. in Statistics or Mathematics, with a Bachelor’s degree in Physics and Mathematics.
- AMIE candidates with a B.Sc. or diploma who have passed the Institution of Engineers Sections A and B Examinations are also eligible.
- Candidates in the general category must have completed their graduation with a minimum of 67.5 percent marks.
- Candidates from the SC/ST/PWD categories must have a minimum of a 55 percent average in their graduation.
Selection Criteria for IIT Roorkee PG Diploma
Applicants will be shortlisted based on their academic performance and the institute’s GATE cutoff. The candidates will be chosen through COAP counseling. Seats are assigned based on GATE scores, choice filling, seat availability, category, and other factors.
Application Procedure for IIT Roorkee PG Diploma
- Visit the official website of IIT Roorkee at https://iitr.ac.in/ and click on ‘Admission.’
- Then, select the ‘PG’ tab, followed by the ‘One-year Diploma.’
- To register, the candidate will be redirected to a page where he or she must click the ‘New User Sign Up Here’ button.
- Now, register by providing general information.
- Log in with your credentials after registering.
- Fill out the application form carefully with your personal information, educational information, and other information.
- Then, scan and upload documents such as the candidate’s photograph and signature.
- Finally, pay the application fee and submit the form.
Admission to the Ph.D. programme at IIT Roorkee in 2022
PhD programmes are available at IIT Roorkee in Science, Engineering & Technology, Management Studies, and Architecture & Planning. Candidates with 60 percent aggregate marks in Masters are eligible to apply for the next round of selection.
PhD Eligibility Criteria at IIT Roorkee
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline with a grade point average of 60% (55 percent for reserved categories)
- GATE/JRF/GPAT/UGC NET score that is valid
- Bachelors and Masters degrees from IITs with a CGPA of 8.0 or higher on a 10-point scale are exempt from the GATE/GPAT/JRF/NET requirement.
Criteria for Selection at IIT Roorkee
- Shortlisted candidates are invited to an interview based on their performance in the qualifying entrance exam.
- Admission is granted on the basis of merit and PI.
- Color photograph of the applicant (in JPEG Upto 500 KB)
- Signature of the applicant (in JPEG Upto 500 KB)
- Class X Certificate/Marksheet EWS/OBC/SC/ST Category Certificate (in single PDF)
- Certificate/Diploma and Marksheet for Class XII (in single PDF)
- Bachelor’s degree or final/consolidated grade point average (in single PDF)
- Final/Consolidated Marksheet or Masters Degree (in single PDF)
- Experience certificate(s) and NOC for candidates in service (in single PDF)
- GATE result / NET result / Fellowship award letter (in single PDF)