IIT Kanpur – Indian Institute of Technology Campus Facilities
IIT Kanpur Campus Facility
- COMP LABS
The majority of students at IIT Kanpur choose to live on campus. The IIT Kanpur campus is spread across 1055 acres and is known for its vibrant campus life. IIT Kanpur’s hostels/residence halls made it easy for students to access the academic buildings and other campus facilities. IIT Kanpur’s hostels are well-equipped with modern amenities such as a mess/canteen, recreational activities, sports facilities, and so on. Both domestic and international students can stay in the hostel. IIT Kanpur has ten boys’ hostels, two girls’ hostels, and one girl’s residence tower.
The institute’s hostels are collectively known as Halls of Residence, and all newly admitted undergraduate students are assigned to Halls 2, 3, 5, and 10. However, the rooms are only available in twin sharing for first and second year undergraduate students, and single sharing rooms are only available for third and fourth year students.
IIT Kanpur Hostel Facilities:
- The IIT Kanpur hostel rooms are quite spacious and well ventilated, making it an ideal place to live.
- In order to meet the mid-night cravings of students who study late at night, the hostels offer 22 hours of eating from well-known food chains and hostel canteens.
- The hostels have a basketball court, a table tennis room, a volleyball court, and some badminton courts.
- In addition, the IIT Kanpur hostels facilitate recreational activities by providing access to a television room, a computer room, and a reading room for magazines, newspapers, and journals, among other things.
- There is 24 hour electricity, clean sanitation, and high-quality food.
Hostel Fee Details:
IIT Kanpur Hostel Fee – ₹ 15.38 k
Hostel Charges per semester:-
- Hostel seat rent – ₹1,250
- Water Charges – ₹25
- Mess establishment charges – ₹14,110
Total Hostel Charges per semester: ₹15,385