Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur Campus Facilities
IIT Kanpur Campus Facility
Established in 1959, the IIT Kanpur campus is spread across a massive 1,000 acres. The institute has more than 6,000 students. The campus is located on the Grand Trunk Road.
The campus offered all the amenities the students can wish for. The campus has separate hostels for boys and girls. The rooms have all the basic amenities available. For all the sports enthusiasts, there is a sports complex consisting of a football ground, cricket ground, and a badminton court.
- The campus is spread across 1,000 acres, giving students lots of free space.
- A well-organized library with approximately 3 lakhs books along with close to two thousand journals.
- A sports complex for all the sports lovers that consists of a football ground, cricket ground, badminton court, volleyball court, basketball court, squash court, tennis court, skating rinks, and swimming pool.
The IIT Kanpur campus has many amenities that make it a popular choice among students all over the country:
- An amazing auditorium
- Separate hostels for boys and girls
- Well-equipped labs for students
- Fully air-conditioned classrooms
- Shuttle service for the students
- A well-equipped gym for students to stay fit
- A cafeteria for students to hang out
- Hospital and medical facilities are available in case of medical emergencies
- Convenience store
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi all across the campus
IIT Kanpur wants its students to be the very best in every aspect of life. For this reason, they have several clubs and communities in place.
- Book Club: The Book Club of IIT Kanpur is for all those book-lovers in the campus. Their sole purpose to make people aware of the importance of reading and to provide them with the books of their choice. The club opens for an hour each day – from 9 pm to 10 pm.
- Women’s Association: The committee works as a representative for all the women on the campus. They work on developing their professional skills, gives them opportunities to interact with others, and address how women can make a change in society.
- Gliding Club: Students can join the Gliding Club as a joy-rider. Along with that, they can also participate in one of the many workshops or competition the club organizes. They also conduct Flying Photography events.