Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad Campus Facilities
IIT Dhanbad Campus Facilities
Located in the city of mines, IIT Dhanbad campus is surrounded by offices, which are related to mining such as the Central Institute of Mining and Fuel Research and the head-quarter of DGMS and Bharat Coking Coal Limited. In 2011, the state government approved IIT (ISM)’s acquiring of up to 240 acres of land adjacent to the present campus.
The well-designed green campus is away from the noise of a busy city, which makes it a perfect place for education. Keeping the needs of the students to prefer the campus is designed.
- IIT Dhanbad has a huge campus of 218 acres and 175 acres of land is still building.
- Enough spacious huge classrooms with all the amenities to learn better.
This institute provides many more facilities to the students to make their learning and staying better:
- A spacious central library is automated and open for seven days in a week with more than 5,500 users belonging to 17 departments and centres.
- The library is equipped with 80,000 books, 8,000 PhD thesis and dissertations, 35,000 bound volumes of journals etc.
- Fully Wi-Fi connected campus.
- IIT Dhanbad is home to the Geological Museum, the Seismic Observatory, a Data Processing Laboratory, the Long Wall Mine Gallery and the Remote Sensing Laboratory.
- The campus is fully residential with seven boys and three girls hostels with mess and canteen.
- Badminton courts, volleyball courts and common halls (having TV and table tennis tables) are also there in boys hostel.
- Boys and girls hostel compounds also have gym filled with modern exercise equipment.
- Within the campus, there are indoor and outdoor game facilities of athletics, cricket, football, basketball, volleyball, tennis, badminton, squash, chess and table tennis.
- Interested students also get training in combat sports such as karate and boxing.
- The student can choose from other like National Cadet Corps (NCC), National Service Scheme (NSS), National Sports Organisation (NSO) and yoga for an extracurricular activity.
- IIT Dhanbad campus also has a swimming pool and music club for the students.
- There are various clubs related to dramatics, dance, music, quizzing, literary, photography, robotics, film making, etc. for the refreshment of students.