IIM Nagpur – Indian Institute of Management Scholarships
IIM Nagpur Scholarship
IIM Nagpur offers scholarships to outstanding students facing financial constraints. The institute extends financial assistance through both merit-based and need-based scholarships. Additionally, IIM Nagpur collaborates with government schemes to provide scholarships to economically disadvantaged individuals pursuing degree programs at the institute. The following are the scholarships offered by IIM Nagpur:
IIM Nagpur Scholarship Details
The below table gives an overview of list of scholarships available at IIM Nagpur:-
|Name of scholarship||Scholarship amount|
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses||Course fee – INR 20,000 per annum subject to actual whichever is less (for both Hostellers and Day Scholars) + Maintenance allowance – INR 1,000 per month for 10 months (Hosteller)
/ INR 500 per month for 10 months (Day Scholar)
|Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities||Tuition fee and non-refundable charges – Up to INR 2 lakh per annum (subject to actual amount) + Purchase of a computer with accessories – INR 30,000 (one-time grant) + Purchase of aids and assistive devices – INR 30,000 (one-time grant) + Maintenance allowance – INR 3,000 per month (Hostellers) / INR 1,500 per month (Day-Scholar) + Books and stationery – INR 5,000 per annum + Special allowances (related to types of disabilities like reader allowance, helper allowance etc.)- INR 2,000 per month|
Scholarships offered by IIM Nagpur
- IIM Nagpur offers scholarships divided into 2 main categories: Merit based and Need-cum-merit based scholarships as explained below:-
|Scholarship offered by IIM Nagpur||Eligibility|
|IIM Nagpur Merit Scholarship||For candidates securing 95% or above in CAT.|
|IM Nagpur Need-cum-Merit Scholarship||For candidates with family income less than INR 5,00,000|
- A limited number of scholarships are granted to eligible students at IIM Nagpur. The institute offers scholarships to only 20 students, comprising 10 for merit-based and 10 for need-cum-merit-based categories.
- Recipients of these scholarships are granted a full waiver of the tuition fee for the entire two-year program. The scholarship policy is subject to annual revision and the updated details are made available on the official institute website.
Scholarships offered by the Government of India
There are special financial assistance schemes offered by the Government of India of which some are mentioned below:-
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses
- Merit cum means scholarship is provided to students belonging to one of the Minority communities (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain, and Parsis/Zoroastrians).
- Students with at least 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination are eligible to apply.
- Moreover, students having an annual family income of less than INR 2.50 lakhs from all sources are eligible to apply for merit cum means based scholarships under IIM Nagpur scholarships.
|Course Fee||INR 20,000 per annum subject to actual whichever is less|
|Maintenance Allowance||INR 1,000 per month for 10 months (Hosteller),
INR 500 per month for 10 months (Day Scholar)
- Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities (SwDs)
- Popularly known as CSS Scholarships for Students with Disabilities (SwDs), these are initiated by the Deptt. of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, GoI. The scholarships tend to provide financial assistance to students pursuing studies at UG / PG / Diploma level.
Students enrolled in undergraduate, postgraduate, or diploma programs at recognised institutions of educational excellence can apply for the IIM Nagpur scholarships under the “Top Class Education of Students with Disabilities (SwDs)” category. Eligibility requires students to have a disability of over 40%, supported by a valid certificate. Those interested in the “Top Class Education of SwDs” scholarships should come from families with an annual income of less than INR 6,00,000 across all sources.
|Tuition Fee and Non-refundable Charges Payable to the Institute||Up to INR 2 lakh per annum (subject to actual amount)|
|Purchase of a Computer with Accessories||INR 30,000 (one-time grant)|
|Purchase of Aids and Assistive Devices||INR 30,000 (one-time grant)|
|Maintenance Allowance||INR 3,000 per month (Hostellers), INR 1,500 per month (Day-Scholar)|
|Books and Stationery||INR 5,000 per annum|
|Special Allowances (related to types of disabilities like reader allowance, helper allowance etc.)||INR 2,000 per month|
- Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
- Offered by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, GoI, to SC students. It is provided based on their annual parental income for the previous financial year.
- Candidates interested to apply for such scholarships should have a gross family income not exceeding INR 8,00,000/-.
- National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students
- National Fellowship Scholarships offered by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India to ST students. It is provided based on annual parental income for the previous financial year.
- The maximum income limit in National Fellowship & Scholarships under IIM Nagpur scholarships is INR 6,00,000/-. There is no institute wise / state wise / stream wise ceiling of number of slots.
Complimentary Scholarships at IIM Nagpur
- Some complimentary scholarships available for IIM Nagpur students include those provided by respective state governments:-
i) Chief Minister Fellowship Yojana (CMFY), by Government of Jharkhand
ii) Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship to SC students, by Government of Maharashtra
- Private companies and organisations:- IIM Nagpur also facilitates scholarships awarded by corporates and private organisations. For more details, students can visit the official website.
- Educational loans at IIM Nagpur:- IIM Nagpur also encourages education loans for students with low finance. To name a few banks:-
i) Bank of Baroda
ii) Bank of India
iii) Central Bank of India
iv) State Bank of India
v) Union Bank of India
vi) Canara Bank and so on.