Calicut University, Calicut Scholarships
Calicut University Scholarships
Calicut University offers several scholarship schemes so financial constraints should not hold back any meritorious student from getting admission to their preferred courses.
A scholarship can help a student in multiple ways by taking away all the financial concerns of a student. Thus, it also offers a student more time to study so that they can focus on achieving better grades.
Scholarships provided by the University of Calicut:
- Scholarships offered by Govt. of India for SC and ST students – Only students belonging to Schedule caste or SC and Schedule Tribe or ST category are only eligible for this scholarship.
- BC or BT or Special Groups Scholarships – Students belonging to BC and BT category are only eligible for this scholarship.
- Scholarships for Physical Handicapped Students – Students having a disability certificate are eligible to apply for the course.
- Cash Prizes for rank holders – There are prizes available for the rank holders in the entrance examination.
- Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme – The State Government offers a fee waiver scheme with an aim to help the meritorious students but economically weak students.
- Education Loans – Education loans are provided by many Nationalized Banks at very reasonable rates of interest so the students can also opt for that.
- Financial Help – The university provides relaxation in tuition fees is to merit position holders in the qualifying examinations as well as competitive examinations and position holders in the University-based examinations. Also, Meritorious students along with their parents are honoured in the annual functions of the Colleges.