Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani Scholarships
BITS Pilani Scholarship
Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani belongs to the first class educational institutes in India. Apart from providing world-class education, it also looks after its students and provide them with various benefits that a student can ask for in his academic life. BITS Pilani also helps and encourages its students by giving several scholarships. Some of the scholarships are given on the merit basis while some of them based on the needs.
BITS Pilani For New Admission
- Board Toppers: Students who secure top position in their respective boards are eligible for one of the scholarships provided by BITS Pilani. They are given 50% of the first year tuition fee as scholarship. The candidate needs to score at least 90% to avail of this scholarship.
- Merit in Qualifying Examination: This scholarship is purely based on merit. Students who scored 95% or above in the qualifying exam will get 40% fee-waiver on the first-semester tuition fee. Students who scored 90% or more than that but less than 95% will get a 25% cut of the first-semester tuition fee. The students who obtained 80% or more than that but less than 90% will get 15% of the first-semester fee. The candidates who score 90% or above will get a 25% concession on the hostel fees for four years. The students who avail the hostel fee scholarship cannot avail any other hostel fee concession.
- Merit in BITSAT (BITS Online Admission Test): This scholarship is given on the basis of BITSAT score.
|> or = 300||75% of Tuition Fee|
|250 to 299||50% of Tuition Fee|
|200 to 249||25% of Tuition Fee|
|> or = 150||25% concession on Hostel Fee|
- Merit Scholarship for continuing students: The students who will score a CGPA of 9.00 or above on a 10.00 scale at the end of the previous semester will get a merit scholarship of 20% of a tuition fee waiver for the current semester.
- Other Special Concessions: For GCC / Arab Nationals a scholarship of up to 75% on the tuition fee based on their performance in the qualifying exam is given. For physically challenged students, a 15% concession on the tuition fee is given throughout the programme based on their performance in the semester. A concession of 100% is given to the students for the current semester if there is any uncertain death of the sole earning member of their family and a 75% concession on the next semester. If two children of a family take admission subsequently then 25% of tuition fee concession is given to the second child until the first child graduates.