Alagappa University, Karaikudi Scholarships
Alagappa University Scholarship
A scholarship is an award which comes in the form of money with the purpose of aiding students in terms of finance. The scholarships can be given considering the academic performance and financial deficiency of a student. Students can utilise the cash for their further education or in other words, for their schooling.
These awards can be presented by the Government, some private institutions and sometimes a few numbers of NGOs as well. The scholarship differs from an educational loan in many ways, and the primary reason is the awarded fund does not demand to be repaid by the students.
Alagappa University offers its students with various scholarships in the objective of helping them to continue their respective studies.
- SC/ST scholarship is presented by the Tamil Nadu Government to the students who are staying in the hostels of Alagappa University and come in the Caste category of SC and ST. The annual income of their parents must be within 2,50,000 INR.
- Minority Welfare Scholarship is given to the students belonging from Muslim, Jain, Buddhist religion and their parents’ annual income should not exceed INR 2,00,000. INR. 16,000 INR is given as the scholarship amount every year.
- CSSS or the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship is reserved for the meritorious students whose family’s annual income is within 5,00,000 INR. The amount of the scholarship is approximately 12,000 INR per year.
- CM MERIT is offered to the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe category students, based on their performance in the 10+2 exams. The government of Tamil Nadu decides the cutoff marks for this scholarships’ eligibility criteria and an amount of INR 3,000 is provided to the candidates.
- BC/MBC/DNC scholarship is offered to the students whose parent’s yearly income is within a range of INR 1,50,000 to 2,00,000. The scholarship amount is 7,225 INR per year.