The SBI PO Mains Exam 2018, is to be conducted on 4th August 2018. With the prelims results having been declared candidates must start brushing up preparation for Mains. The admit card for the SBI PO Mains examination is to be released on 20th July 2018. This article discusses SBI PO Mains Exam Syllabus, Strategy and Books.
You can download SBI PO Mains Admit Card here (link will be updated on release)
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern
Duration: 3 hours
Sections: 4 Sections
Total Marks: 200 marks.
The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
- Negative marking: Marks equal to one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted for incorrect answers.
- There will be no sectional cut off in Mains.
Detailed breakup of SBI PO 2018 Mains Pattern (Objective):
Name of the test
No. of Qs. (tentative)
|I||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60 minutes|
|II||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||45 minutes|
|III||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||35 minutes|
|IV||English Language||35||40 minutes|
Duration: 30 minutes
Total Questions: 2 questions
Total Marks: 50 marks Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)
SBI PO Mains Exam Syllabus
General/Economy/ Banking Awareness
|Tabular Graph||Verbal Reasoning||Reading Comprehension||Financial Awareness||Internet|
|Line Graph||Syllogism||Grammar||Current Affairs||Memory|
|Pie Chart||Circular Seating Arrangement||Vocabulary||General Knowledge||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Bar Graph||Linear Seating Arrangement||Verbal Ability||Static Awareness||Computer Abbreviation|
|Radar Graph Caselet||Double Lineup||Word Association||Banking and Financial Awareness||Microsoft Office|
|Missing Case DI||Scheduling||Sentence Improvement||Computer Hardware|
|Let it Case DI||Input Output||Para Jumbles||Computer Software|
|Data Sufficiency||Blood Relations||Cloze Test||Operating System|
|Probability||Directions and Distances||Error Spotting||Networking|
|Permutation and Combination||Ordering and Ranking||Fill in the blanks||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Coding and Decoding|
|Course of Action|
SBI PO Mains Exam Books
Books to Prepare for SBI PO Mains 2018 Data Analysis and Interpretation (Quant):
- NCERT books.
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic (Arihant) RajeshVerma.
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations(S.Chand) R.S.Agarwal
Books to Prepare for SBI PO Mains 2018 Reasoning Ability:
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non VerbalReasoning (S.Chand) by R.S.Agarwal.
- A new approach Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning(Arihant) by BS Sijwali.
Books to Prepare for SBI PO Mains 2018 English:
- Word Power made Easy By Norman lewis.
- Objective General English By R. S. Agarwal and Vikas Agarwal
General/Financial Awareness Preparation:
- Do read regularly newspapers such as The Hindu/Indian Express and The Mint.
- Static GK relating to Indian demography, geography and culture should be revised. One can refer to Lucent for static GK.
- Important Banking Terminology can be read up online. Keeping track of important financial institutions (Indian and international) and any developments related with them is a must.
- Budget 2018/Economic Survey is a must for SBI PO Mains Financial Awareness.