SBI PO Mains 2017 questions have been broadly discussed in the following article. Since the exam is in Online Mode, questions asked can be reproduced mainly through memory of those who appeared. Still, a broad overview has been discussed to help aspirants prepare for the SBI PO Mains 2018 exam. Let us take a look at the type of questions asked in the different sections of the exam.
English and Verbal Ability
Passages were based on variety of questions ranging from software and hacking to organisational inefficiency in firms.
Error Spotting/Sentence Improvement
Candidates have to find the error in the given sentence and replace it with the best option to improve the sentence.
4-5 excerpts of a text will be provided and candidates must select the best order they should be arranged in.
eg: People sitting in 2 separate rows, People sitting facing each other in an inner and outer box.
eg: X number of photo frames to be fitted on Y number of shelves arrangement
eg: Floor Arrangement
eg: Ages of members of a group
eg: Decoding a Number Format code
Ranking and Order
- Direction Sense
Maximum questions appeared in DI section (graph, tabular, linear) so candidates should give weightage to DI practice. The questions on Quadratic Equation and Approximation were not very difficult in nature. Here are the topics from which questions were asked:
- Data Interpretation- Tabular Graph
- Data Interpretation- Line Graph
- Quadratic Equations
- Simple and Compund Interest
- Up-stream/Down-stream Questions
- Number Series
- Time and Work
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Total agricultural credit target as per budget – 10 lakh crore
- In MSF, “S” stands for? – Standing
- Indian FIFA Committee chairman is? – Justice Mukul Mudgal
- What is “P” in APBS?- Payment
- Our government has approved Electronic Development Fund with corpus of – Rs.6381
- Target of digital transactions through USSD, UPI, Aadhar, IMPS for 2017-18 – 2500 Crore
- Highest women wicket taker? – Jhulan Goswami
- Under which act the Cheque Truncation issue comes? – Section 6B of Negotiable Instruments Act 1881
- For first 5 years for small banks initial promoter stake should not be less than? – 40%
- Best metric for Company’s financial liquidity?
- State the amount, Finland was the first European country to pay monthly income to unemployed citizens. – 560 Euros
- What is the Global Financial Integrity Black Money Inflow in India? – USD 770 Bn
- What is the India`s Military Expenditure in 2016 as per the reports of SIPRI? – USD 56 Bn
- Head of Technical Committee of IBBI
- What is the total of number ATMs after the merger of SBI? – 59,000
- Committee for timely Employment data is headed by? – Aravind Panagariya
- For 2017-18 Fiscal Deficit Target is – 3.2% of GDP
- MNREGA total outlay? – 48000 Cr
- What is the maximum period to which NBFC`S can accept public deposits? – 60 months
- In PCA, ‘C’ stands for? – Corrective (Prompt Corrective Action)
- Kavinder Singh, Satish Kumar and Manoj Kumar related to which sports? – Boxer
- IMF GDP for 2018-19 is?- 7.7%
- It is non bailable offense if an offense tax evasion slated exceeds its amount by – 5 crore.
- Collapse of a market or financial system is called – Systemic Risk
- Long term base year from 1981 is changed to? – 2001
- Increase in Repo Rates – Increase in Borrowing and Lending Rates
- 14th International Day of Vesak – Sri Lanka
- What is not a function of payment banks, and its limit? – NRI deposits, 100 Cr
- For GDP calculation base year has changed from 2004-5 to? – 2011-12
- Does UPI require bank account details of recipient?
- SBI Mingle – Facebook and Twitter
- Who manages ATMs in India? National Financial Switch.
- Where was Buddha Conference held? – Rajgir, Bihar
- What is the increase in budget in percentage for Defense? – 8.5%
- If a drawer writes a cheque and puts a date of some time in past it will be called? – Post/Anti dated Cheque
- Which among the following is a class of derivatives whose value will fluctuate according to the value of the share price – Equity Derivative
- In MCLR “C” stands for? – Cost
- Economic Freedom Index – Hong Kong
- India`s first Licensing Expo 2017 – Mumbai
- Joint Lenders Forum purpose – Stressed Assets
Q1) Letter Topic: (any one to be written on)
I Formal Letter
a) Write letter to your Branch Manager regarding Non Credit of amount deposited in ATM
b) Write a letter to the Editor of a newspaper expressing concern over impact of irrelevant news through social media
II. Informal Letter
c) Write a letter to your sibling giving them advise related to stress and anxiety. Or write to an authorthanking for authoring a book on ‘fighting depression’.
Q2) Essay (any one to be written on)
a) Travelling vs. Watching Movies/Documentaries
b) Is technology’s power becoming a menace?
c) Effect of social media and its consequences on the population.