On November 1, The National Board of Examinations released the application form of NEET 2020 (National Eligibility Entrance Test}. The registration process comes to an end on the 21st November 2020. Interested candidates can register themselves online via their official website, nbe.edu.in
NEET – Everything you need to know
Formerly known as the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT), the NEET pg., is a compulsory, qualifying test that the candidates have to give, for getting admission into all Indian medical and dental colleges. As per the Indian Council Medical Act, only the NEET exam is valid for studying and getting admission into a medical college.
No other exams will be conducted at any state/ institutional level. Currently, the test is conducted by the NTA (National Testing Agency), but prior to it, the Central Board of Secondary Education used to conduct it.
It is a single prescribed test that is conducted online now. It is a three hours long test which is divided into three sections, primarily: physics, chemistry and biology/ biotechnology. The total number of questions that the candidate needs to answer is 180.
This particular exam is conducted in 11 different languages: English, Odia, Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali and Assamese. So, language should be no barrier.
How to fill the application form –
Go through these various steps that will help you in filling up the application form –
- For obtaining the user ID and password, you need to fill the application form.
- This generated user id and password will be sent to you via an email and SMS.
- The application form is divided into many sections : Personal details which include information like your name, date of birth, parent’s details, etc. the second section is the qualification details, which includes your primary medical qualification details, like your marks, etc. you also have to add any internship details that you have done and SMC/MCI registration details. Lastly, the test centre details, and that will be all.
- The next step is to upload a recent passport size photograph and your current signature. (Both shall not be more than 80KB in size and in the correct jpeg format). Make sure that you remember the signature that you have uploaded and used it only for the purpose of this exam.
- Select the test city
- Make an online payment
- Download and print the form with the transaction id on it, for future purposes.
- Last date of registration – 21st November a
- Date of the exam – 5th
- The result will be announced on – 30th
Who all can apply?
The candidates who wish to apply for this eligibility cum entrance exams need to have physics, chemistry, and biology/biotechnology as their main Subjects in class 12. Before you begin the exam, you will be asked to show your passing certificates to the agency. If you haven’t cleared any of the papers, then you wouldn’t be allowed to give this particular examination.