The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Educational Staff Recruitment Selection Commission (GSERC), also known as the Gujarat Shikshanik Staff Bharti Pasandgi Samiti, is a body established under the State government of Gujarat. The body is responsible for carrying out the recruitment of the staff in government educational institutions. The GSERC claims that all the recruitment processes conducted by it are completely free and fair.
The recruitment opportunities by GSERC are announced by It, on its official website. Recently, GSERC has also released the recruitment notification for a number of vacancies. Interested candidates must definitely go through the vacancy and apply for the posts.
The vacancies announced by the GSERC are for the post of Academic Assistant. There are a total of 557 vacancies according to the notification that was released by GSERC on 18th November 2019. Candidates can apply online and have been given time till 27th November 2019 to finish their application process.
The 557 vacancies announced by GSERC are according to different subjects. Candidates must make note the subjects for which vacancies are available along with the number of vacancies available for each subject –
- Account and Commerce Business Administration : 21 Posts
- Biology : 33 Posts
- Chemistry : 15 Posts
- Economics : 57 Posts
- English : 119 Posts
- Geography : 24 Posts
- Gujarati : 57 Posts
- Hindi : 11 Posts
- Maths : 23 Posts
- T. : 1 Post
- Philosophy : 11 Posts
- Physics : 26 Posts
- Political Science : 1 Post
- Psychology : 49 Posts
- Sanskrit : 18 Posts
- Sociology : 65 Posts
- Statistics : 17 Posts
Before making the application, candidates must also take a look at the eligibility criteria required for the post. The educational qualification is the above posts are as follows –
- Candidates should have a relevant degree in the subject for which they are applying.
- They should have passed the Teacher Eligibility Test or TET.
Once the candidates check the boxes for the eligibility criteria, they must apply for the post. In order to apply, candidates can follow the steps given below –
- Step-1: Visit the official website of GSERC, which is https://gserc.in/
- Step-2: Click on the link which pertains to the recruitment for the post of Academic Assistant.
- Step-3: Go through the instructions for making the application.
- Step-4: Fill in the details for the application. Make sure that all the details have been filled correctly.
- Step-5: Any additional steps must be completed.
- Step-6: Submit the application form.
Candidates will also have to make the payment of the application fee by the allotted time. The payment of fees should be made by 25th November 2019. It is advised that the application is made before the last date that has been scheduled by GSERC as last-minute applications can cause a lot of traffic on the website, technical glitches or even confusions.