The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA), which is responsible for admission of engineering aspirants in 36,268 engineering seats across the country, has declared the seat allotment results for Round 1. There will be a total of seven rounds to fulfil the seats. Admission in 23 IITs (Indian Institute of Technology), 31 NITs (National Institute of Technology), 23 IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology) and 20 GFTIs (Government-Funded Technical Institutes) will be made through JoSAA counselling. The JoSAA, on June 27, had made the details for seat locking choices available online.
How to download JoSAA First Round Seat allotment results
To find out whether candidates have made it to the desired college with desired choice of engineering streams, they need to visit the JoSAA website.
- Candidates must log in to the official website.
- On the home page, candidates will see the active link of ‘Round 1: View Allotment result and pay seat acceptance fee’
- Clicking the link will direct the candidates to a page where they have to fill up their JEE Main Roll Number and Password
- Upon submission, candidates will be able to check their respective colleges with streams mentioned
- Candidates must take a print out of the same for future reference.
Candidates need to report to the allotted institute before July 3 to secure admission.
In a notification, JoSAA has declared that the NIFFT (National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology), Ranchi has withdrawn their Mechanical Engineering programme and thus candidates will not be able to take admission in the course.
In another notification, candidates are informed that in Siliguri, West Bengal candidates will be able to appear for counselling at Hotel Swastik Residency apart from NIT Siliguri.