Indian Railways is the biggest recruiter in our country. Railway Recruitment Board conducts Non-Technical Popular Categories exam in order to recruit the candidates for various posts in it. RRB Group D jobs contain 28 profiles of various railway zones across India. This is a golden opportunity for the aspirants to secure a permanent job in the Indian Railways.
RRB Group D is a central Government Job with vacancies all over India. The exam application will be in online mode. Educational qualification for applying to RRB group D is 10th passed or ITI from NCVT/SCVT. The age limit to apply for this job is 18-31.the exam of RRB Group D will be qualifying nature. Following is the selection procedure for RRB Group D exam:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification
CBT is a computer-based test. By qualifying in the CBT, the candidates will be called for the second stage of the selection process in this job. After completing the given tasks in PET, the selected candidates will be called for Document Verification. Once the selected candidates submit the necessary documents, they will be given their respective jobs which they applied for in RRB.
Following are the various jobs in RRB Group D posts:
- Hospital Attendant: The duty of the hospital attendant is to help in the maintenance of the hospital and to care of the patients.
- Assistant Points man/Switchman: the responsibility of the Pointsman is assisting in handling the switches and railroad points. It is also to control the lever to direct the train to move on the required rail track.
- Porter: Porter has the responsibility of helping the passengers at the railway station and to handle the loading and unloading of railway goods and passengers.
- Shunter: The shunter’s duty is to safely move trains between the yards and platforms. They marshal the trains, hook on the locomotives and also detach the defective carriages. They help in directing and also to move freight trains, organize rail freight and also conduct safety checks.
- Gateman: The duties of the Gateman are to maintain the smooth functioning of Gates at railway crossings to ensure that there are no delays of trains occur because of road traffic.
- Helpers in Electrical/ Engineering/ Mechanical/ Signal and Telecommunication departments/ Civil etc: the duty of helpers is deputed to assist the skilled workers such as Fitters, Mechanics, Welders, Welders, Machinist, Equipment Maintainers etc, in technical works. Helpers are also deputed to assist in Non-technical works in offices.
- Track Maintainer Grade IV (Trackman): The duties of trackman are to maintain railway tracks and remove any unwanted materials like rocks etc. from the railway tracks.
- Cabinman / Leverman: The responsibilities of cabin man are to watch over the safe passage of the trains that are arriving and leaving the station. And also, to clear the signal for the train to pass.
- Fitter: The duties and responsibilities of railway fitters and electricians are to carry out the practical work needed to keep the railway machinery and equipment running smoothly and safely. Also, they carry out the repair and maintenance.
- Keyman: the duty of a key man is to regularly check the sections of tracks for faults with a view to preventing accidents.
Following is the RRB Group D salary the employees will get Level 01 of the 7th CPC Pay Matrix with an initial payment of RS 18,000:
6th CPC Pay Scale/ Grade- 5200-20200 with Grade pay of 1800
Initial Basic Pay after 7th CPC- 18000-1260-2311
Gross Salary per Month 22000-26800
Along with the basic pay, various other allowances are provided for the employees in RRB Group D employees:
- Daily Allowance, Mileage Allowance beyond 8 Km
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Transport Allowance (TPA)
- Allowance for Night Duty
- Compensation in case of Holidays
- Fixed Conveyance Allowance
- Conveyance Allowance to Doctors
- Special Compensatory (Tribal/Scheduled Area) Allowances
- Special Allowance to railway School Teachers
- Special Allowances for women with disabilities, child care, and Educational Allowance
- Overtime Allowance
Therefore, the final salary will be Total Pay + Grade Pay + Dearness Allowance + House Rent Allowance + Transport Allowance. The Railway Group D employees also can get promotion to Group C category based on their work performance. To know more about this exam, please click here RRB Group-D.