BITSAT (BITS Admission Test) is a computer-based test conducted by BITS, Pilani. Birla Institute of Technology conducts BITSAT which is a Universal level entrance examination conducted for admission into its integrated first-degree programmes. It has 3 campuses located in 3 places Pilani campus, Goa campus and Hyderabad campus. BITSAT eligibility includes certain academic and age-related criteria that a candidate willing to apply for BITSAT should satisfy. The candidates aiming to crack BITSAT must be aware of the important dates regarding the exams that are given below:
|The release date for the application process||January 05, 2019|
|End date for the application process||March 20, 2019|
|Online application form editing date||March 22nd and 25th, 2019|
|Test center allotment||March 27, 2019|
|Exam date and reservation for slot acknowledgment||March 28- April 08, 2019|
|Admit card date||April 12- May 13, 2019|
|BITSAT Exam date||May 16- 26, 2019|
|Applying based on the marks of 12th standard and preference||May 16- June 26, 2019|
|Admit and waitlist announcement||June 20, 2019|
The eligibility criteria required by the candidates in order to apply for BITSAT 2019 are given below.
First, let’s have a glimpse of the eligibility criteria for BITSAT 2019:
- The application form for BITSAT has been released by the institute from the first week of March 2019.
- The candidates who have cleared their 12th standard exam with an aggregate of 75% of marks in PCB/ PCM will be eligible to apply for the exam.
- The BITSAT 2019 is being scheduled to be conducted in multiple dates from May 16 to 26, 2019.
- The eligibility Standards for the BITSAT will be determined by the BITS, Pilani for the admissions into various courses in it.
Candidates who are not eligible for BITSAT 2019:
- The candidates who have written their 12th standard exam in 2016 or before the year 2016 will not be eligible to apply for BITSAT 2019. The candidates who have enrolled at present at any of the BITS campuses are also not eligible to apply for BITSAT 2019.
There are some particular standards that are laid for the exam according to the academic background of the candidates. The standard set by the institute varies for all the courses offered by the institute. Following are the course-wise eligibility criteria for the exam:
- E. (Hons), M.Sc. (Hons) and M.Sc. (Tech) Programs:
- The candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their subjects in their 12th
- The candidates should have secured minimum aggregate marks of 75% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- The candidates should have scored a minimum of 60% in each of the subjects mentioned above.
- Pharm (Hons) Programs:
- The candidates should have cleared their 12th standard from any recognized university of Central or State Board.
- The candidates should have learned Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their subjects in 12th
- The candidates should secure a minimum aggregate of 75% scores in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
- The candidates should score a minimum of 60% in each of the subjects mentioned above.
- For admissions to any of the first degree courses in BITS except B.Pharm Course:
The candidates should have cleared the 12th standard exam of 10+2 system from any recognized university of Central or State Board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) and adequate proficiency in English Subject.
- For Admission into B.Pharm Course:
The candidates should have cleared 12th standard of 10+2 system from any recognized Central or State Board or its equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) subjects. The candidates should also have adequate proficiency in the English Language. Also, the candidates with PCM can apply for the Pharmacy course.
The candidates who are eligible for direct admission for BITSAT 2019:
- BITS Pilani will assure guaranteed admissions into BITSAT to all the candidates who have secured first ranks in their respective Board exams. This practice has attracted highly meritorious candidates from all over the country.
- The candidates who have secured first ranks in their subjects for the year 2019 will be provided direct admission for their choice of programs irrespective of their scores in BITSAT 2019 as mentioned in the eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT 2019 for International Candidates:
- The candidates who have cleared the qualifying examination or Grade 12 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English subjects by the country’s Board of Higher or senior secondary education including those in India, or its equivalent exams like the “A” levels as conducted by the Cambridge International), the International Baccalaureate, etc.
- The candidates should have scored a minimum of 75% aggregate marks in PCM in qualifying 12th standard exams.
- The candidates should have secured at least 60% marks in each of the subjects of PCM in the qualifying 12th standard exam.
- The candidates should secure a minimum of 1600/2400 in ST exam.
- The candidates should have secured 1600/2400 in SAT subject exams in PCM level 2.
- The international candidates should have secured 60% in all the subjects of their 12th
- The candidates must have scored an aggregate of 75% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English subjects.