Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a popular engineering exam for 10+2 students conducted by NTA. It constitutes of two different examinations JEE Main and JEE Advanced. The JEE Main is for admission in NITs, IIITs and CFTI’s. It has two papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2 and candidates can opt for either one of them or both. It contains multiple choice questions. There are a total of 30 multiple choice questions in each of the three subjects i.e. physics, chemistry, and maths. There is also negative marking for each wrong answer. Many students start preparing for this exam by joining various institutes in their 11th and 12th only.
With increasing competition, the difficulty level of the exam is also increasing. It gets difficult for students to manage their academics and preparation of entrances at the same time. This article includes the various important tips and tricks to crack JEE Main 2019.
Important tips to crack JEE Main 2019
It gets very difficult for students to practice and prepare for entrance exams while covering all the topics in each subject. So here are 6 tips to keep in mind while preparing for JEE Main 2019:
- Calculate the time: It is easy to make a time table for studying but the real challenge is to stick to it. The main thing you should follow is allotted time to each subject on a daily basis. Try not to leave things for the last minute. The main thing for you is to give your 100 percent. Have breaks in between and adopt some extra-curricular activities like listening to music or playing outdoors. It is better to study smart instead of a book opened in front of you for hours.
- Practice question papers: Practicing sample and previous years question papers are the best way for you to deal with MCQ’s in a given time frame. While doing these papers follow some tips like attempting information-based questions first and using the elimination method. Sometimes even same questions repeat in an examination. So make sure to solve and practice at least 10 previous year question papers. Also, you can get an idea of the type of questions asked, marking scheme and distribution of various topics.
- Concentrating on strengths: Prepare the topics which you are more comfortable with especially when the exam is near. Revise the formulas and theories so that you are able to attempt all the information based questions. Say if you are good in mathematics and physics but have less interest in chemistry, try learning chemistry in the morning rather than a night with a fresh mind. Also for last moment revision, try to concentrate on only important topics. Don’t touch tough or topics you have the least interest in to avoid confusion.
- Making notes: The syllabus for JEE Main exam is obviously very huge and it gets really difficult to revise everything from the book just before the exam. So the best way to avoid that inconvenience is to make notes. You should write all the important points, formulas and equations. You can also make a summary of various lengthy topics for revision. Revising from notes will save you a large amount of time and energy.
- Selection of topics for revision: While going through previous years papers, you will come across various topics which are more important than the others. Here is a brief list of topics to be covered while revision of various subjects:
- Physics: Experiments and errors in measurement, Thermodynamics, Units and dimensions, Electricity and Magnetism, SHM, Properties of Matter and Gravitation
- Chemistry: Periodic table and properties, Atomic structure, Chemical bonding, Chemical kinetics, Nomenclature, Isomerism, Hydrocarbon, Metallurgy, Bio-molecules, Polymers
- Mathematics: Calculus, Algebra, Vector and 3D, Coordinate Geometry
- Taking care of health: Do not take stress or panic while preparing. A calm mind is more capable of absorbing information than a stressed mind. The schedule should be made in such a manner that you get sufficient time to sleep and eat. A healthy mind is capable of learning better. Make sure to dedicate some time to meditation as well as other relaxing activities which improve concentration. Watch a movie, listen to some songs or play sports of your choice to refresh yourself from a daily hectic schedule.
Apart from these tips choose a proper coaching center, study material and practice papers for preparation. Passion and enthusiasm about your goal are also key points to crack the exam. Cracking JEE Main exam is not an impossible task. With the right attitude and dedication, you can surely acquire your goal.
To Discuss Strategies To Crack JEE Main 2019 Exam With Fellow Aspirants Click Here.