KEAM 2022 Exam Information
KEAM (Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical) Entrance is a state level qualifying exams that provide admission for the Under Graduate programs like Engineering, Architecture, MBBS, BDS, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Siddha, Unani courses etc offered by various Government and Private Colleges in Kerala. KEAM is conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala once in a year. KEAM 2022 application form will be available from April 6, 2022. The exam date for 2022 will be July 4, 2022 in offline mode. KEAM will be conducted in 352 centers including 14 districts in Kerala, Delhi, Mumbai, and Dubai. The candidates must check their eligibility criteria before proceeding to apply for KEAM 2022. Kerala CEE will conduct Entrance Exams with 2 papers, paper-1 for Physics & Chemistry and paper-2 for Mathematics
As per the reports, last year 90233 candidates appeared for KEAM examination, out of which 58268 candidates were qualified in this exam. For MBBS admission in various medical colleges, it will be done based on the NEET 2022 score. NEET is a mandatory exam for the candidates who wish to apply for Medical & Allied courses like MBBS, BDS, Ayurveda, Homeo, Siddha, Unani, Agriculture, Veterinary, Forestry, Fisheries under KEAM. NEET has faced few changes by NTA in 2022 with which the candidates must be familiar with. For Architecture admission, the candidates must qualify in NATA examination. Centralized Allotment Process will only be organized by the authority for Architecture and Medical & Allied courses. In this article, we will discuss the important dates, Eligibility criteria, Registration, Exam pattern, Syllabus, Admit card, Result, and Cutoff for KEAM 2022.
KEAM 2022 Exam Date
KEAM was initially conducted for admissions of Engineering, Architecture and Medical colleges in Kerala. Since 2016, KEAM score is used only for engineering courses admission. KEAM medical exam has been discontinued as NEET has become the national level Medical/ Dental entrance examination. It is compulsory for the candidates to apply via online for both CBSE & CEE Kerala for NEET UG and KEAM 2022. Candidates who are willing to appear for KEAM 2022 should go through the important dates to ensure that they do not miss any important event. KEAM important dates will help the candidates to be updated about their exams. This will include the dates of events like the opening and closing dates for filling the online registration form, release of admit card, examination date, and result date, the date for rank list announcement, counseling procedure date, trial, and seat allotment.
Following are the important dates for KEAM 2022:
|The beginning of Online Registration||April 6, 2022|
|End of Online Registration||May 10, 2022|
|Last date for receipt of application & documents||May 10, 2022|
|Admit card release date||June 10, 2022|
|Exam Date||July 4, 2022|
|The release date of answer keys||To be notified|
|Result announcement||July 25, 2022|
|Submission date for XII standard marks for rank list||To be notified|
|The announcement of the rank list||To be notified|
|The beginning of the counseling procedure||To be notified|
|Trial allotment||To be notified|
|seat allotment||To be notified|
KEAM 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The parameters for the candidates who can apply for KEAM will be set by CEE only. The eligibility conditions for KEAM 2022 are set on the basis of age, academics, and nationality and nativity criteria. For 2022, paper is scheduled on July 4, 2022. The minimum required academic qualification for the aspirants appearing in KEAM 2022 is passing / appearing in Class XII or Higher Secondary Examination (HSE). It should be noted that only students with Indian origin can apply for KEAM 2022. Also, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) candidates will also be considered Indian citizens and can apply for KEAM. Candidates who have completed 17 years of age as on December 31, 2022, will be eligible to apply for KEAM 2022. And there is no relaxation for minimum age also there is no upper limit to apply for KEAM 2022. The required academic qualifications for engineering and medical/allied courses are different.
Following are the academic qualifications required for Medical/ Allied courses:
|MBBS, BDS, BMS, BAMS/BHMS||The candidates should pass the higher secondary examination of “Board of Higher Secondary Education”, Kerala with 50% in Biology/Biotechnology, Physics & Chemistry together. Candidates should get a minimum of 50% marks in Biology (separately). Biotechnology will not be considered for the eligibility in the absence of biology. Only those candidates can qualify who are eligible for NEET for the same academic sessions.|
|BUMS||The candidate should pass in the higher secondary examination of “Board of Higher Secondary Education”, Kerala with 50% marks Biology/ Biotechnology, Physics& Chemistry together who wish to apply for Kamil-Tib-Wa-Jarahat (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery- BUMS). Also, candidates must achieve a minimum of 50% marks in Biology (separately). The candidates should have to pass in their 10th class with Urdu /Arabic /Persian language as a subject. Or else they must have cleared Urdu entrance which gets conducted by Kerala Government yearly. The candidates who qualified in NEET for the same academic sessions will be eligible to apply for KEAM.|
|B. Sc. (Hons) Agri., B.Sc. (Hons) Forestry, BF Sc. courses||
The candidates who should have passed the higher secondary examination of “Board of Higher Secondary Education”, Kerala with 50% of marks in Biology/Biotechnology, Physics & Chemistry together.
And they must secure 50% marks in Biology separately.
In the absence of Biology, Biotechnology will not be considered for eligibility process.
|BAMS/BHMS||The candidates should pass the higher secondary examination of “Board of Higher Secondary Education”, Kerala with 50% in Biology/Biotechnology, Physics & Chemistry together. Candidates should get a minimum of 50% marks in Biology in separate. Biotechnology will not be considered as eligibility for KEAM 2022 in the absence of Biology. Only candidates who are able to qualify in NEET for the same academic sessions can apply.|
|BVSc. & AH course||The candidates should pass in the higher secondary examination of “Board of Higher Secondary Education”, Kerala with 50% in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and English together.|
|B.Sc. Degree Holders||The candidates should pass B. Sc degree (3-year course) with Physics/ Chemistry/ Zoology/ Botany or Biotechnology as main and 2 of the above-mentioned subjects as subsidiaries. The candidates should secure a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks in main and subsidiaries take together. And they should qualify in the higher secondary education with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects.|
KEAM 2022 Registration
KEAM 2022 Application Form will be available from February. The candidates willing to appear for this exam should apply for the same via online mode at cee.kerala.gov.in. The candidates must also read the official prospectus of KEAM before starting for registration. Before starting the registration process, the candidates should make sure to have the following documents for KEAM:
- Valid Email ID and Mobile Number
- Scanned copies of Photograph, Signature & Left thumb impression as prescribed by the authority
- Birth certificate/SSLC/Passport
- Income certificate
- Non-Creamy layer certificate/Community certificate
- Certificate for Special Reservation
Steps to fill the registration form:
- Documents uploading
- Filling the form
- Application fee payment
- Take out a print copy of the application form
- Send the application form and supporting documents to Commissioner of Entrance Exams
- Click on the “Registration” link
- Enter the following details: Applicant’s name, Date of birth, Email ID & Mobile no, Password and Security code displayed on the screen.
- After the successful registration form, the application number and password will be generated and the candidate must note down. By using the application number and the password, the candidates will be able to view the results, exercise option registration, allotment memo etc. of KEAM.
- Here, the candidate must upload the scanned images of their Photograph, Signature and Left-hand thumb impression by following the given format:
- Photograph in JPG (JPEG) format with 150 pixels and 200 pixels height and of size 10-30 kb
- Signature in JPG (JPEG) format with 150 pixels and 100 pixels in height and of size 10-30 kb
- Left thumb impression in JPG (JPEG) format with 150 pixels and 100 pixels in height and of size 10-30 kb
- The candidates should fill their basic information regarding their personal details, choices or courses, etc.
- In case of personal details, the candidates should enter their details like Gender, Aadhar ID, Permanent and Communication address, etc. in case of academic details, the candidates should mention their qualification details like marks of 10+2 or equivalent courses, whether the candidates have applied for KEAM before, etc. in choice of courses, the candidates should select the courses they are willing to get admission and their choice for exam centers from the provided available options. Also, the candidates should provide the details regarding their Family income, District and Taluk, etc. by providing the communal reservation details; the candidates will be able to claim their communal reservation.
- Before submitting the KEAM application form, the candidates must make sure that the application form is complete in all respects as once the form is submitted then there will not be an option for editing it.
- The exam authority has reduced the application fee by RS 100. The general category candidates must pay an application fee of Rs (INR) 700 & SC category candidates must pay Rs 300. The candidates choosing Dubai as their examination center must pay an application fee of Rs 1200 irrespective of their category. There are 2 modes of fee payment for KEAM 2022. They are online payment: It can be done through Internet banking/ Credit card/ debit card. E-challan: In this mode of payment, the candidates must take a printout of the e-challan using the “print e-challan” link and by using this printout; the candidates can make the cash payment at all head and sub-post offices in Kerala state.
After making the fee payment, take a printout of the KEAM 2022 application form. To take the printout, use the “Print Application” option.
KEAM 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for KEAM 2022 will be released by CEE, Kerala at its official website. For 2022, the information brochure, exam pattern and syllabus will be released on January 31, 2022. KEAM 2022 will be conducted via offline, an OMR sheet will be provided for marking the answers. This test will comprise of 2 papers- Paper-I, Physics & Chemistry and Paper-II, Mathematics and it will be conducted in 2 days. The candidates applied for B.Pharm must appear for Paper I only. The standard of this test will be of Higher Secondary or equivalent exam.
The exam questions will be of objective type with 5 alternative potions. Both the papers will be conducted in English language only. 4 marks will be conducted for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted as a negative mark for each wrong answer. If 2 options were marked for a single question in OMR sheet, there will be a penalty of 1 mark charged. No mark will be deducted for unmarked questions. Following is the exam pattern for KEAM 2022:
In order to qualify for the engineering exam, a minimum of 10 marks in each paper is needed for the candidates to have their names in the merit list. The candidates who cannot secure minimum stipulated marks will not be qualified and also will not be short-listed for the admission to the respective course. It is also important to note that the candidates who fail to answer a single question in each paper will be automatically disqualified and ineligible for further rounds. The candidates belonging to SC/ST category will be exempted from the above-mentioned rule and there won’t be any minimum requirement of marks in KEAM 2022 for such candidates.
KEAM 2022 Syllabus
Each year, the CEE will release the syllabus for KEAM. The willing candidates must be aware of the syllabus to score well in the exam. Following are the subject wise syllabus for KEAM 2022:
Physics syllabus for KEAM 2022:
Following are the main topics in KEAM 2022 physics syllabus:
|Introduction & Measurement||Laws of motion||Description of Motion in Two & Three Dimension|
|Description of Motion in One Dimension||Work, Energy & Power||The motion of System of Particles & Rigid Body Rotation|
|Gravitation||Mechanics of Solids & Fluids||Heat & Thermodynamics|
|Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism||Current Electricity||EMI & Alternating Current|
|Optics||Electromagnetic Waves||Dual Nature of Matter & Radiations|
|Atomic Nucleus||Solids & Semiconductor Devices||Principles of Communications|
Chemistry syllabus for KEAM 2022:
|Basic concepts & atomic structure||Bonding & Molecular Structure||States of Matter|
Periodic Properties of Elements
|S-Block Elements & Principles of Metallurgy||P-Block Elements|
|D-Block & F-Block Elements||Thermodynamics||Chemical Equilibrium|
|Solution||Redox Reaction & Electrochemistry||Chemical Kinetics|
|Surface-Chemistry||Coordination-Compounds||Purification, Basics Principles, & Characterization of Organic-Compounds|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic Reactions and Mechanism||Stereochemistry|
|Functional Groups Containing oxygen, Halogens, nitrogen (Organic Compounds)||Polymers|
KEAM 2022 Admit Card
Admit card for KEAM 2022 will be issued from April 10 in online mode. Admit card is the important document that will be needed in all the stages of KEAM exam like to check the results, to check the results and during the time of reporting at the allotted colleges. The candidates are advised to look at the important dates for admit card:
|The release of Admit card||June 10, 2022|
July 4, 2022
Steps to download admit card for KEAM 2022: The candidates must follow the given below steps to download the Admit card:
- Visit the official website of CEE Kerala cee-kerala.org
- Click on the KEAM admit card 2022
- Provide the KEAM 2022 registration number, password
- Click on the submit button
- The KEAM 2022 admit card can be viewed on the screen
- Check whether the details mentioned in the admit card are correct and download the admit card
The candidates must note that the admit card will not be posted via E-mail or courier. They should also make sure that the information mentioned in the Admit card is right. If in case of any discrepancies, the candidates can contact the authorities through the helpline numbers.
Following are the documents required along with the Admit card :
The candidates must not forget to carry the following documents along with the admit card at the time of the exam.
- A print copy of the Admit card
- Colored Passport size photograph
- Original photo identity proof such as Aadhar card, Driving license, passport, PAN card, Voter ID or any valid identity card
- Photocopy of identity proof
KEAM 2022 Result
The results for KEAM 2022 will be announced via online by CEE Kerala expected on July 25, 2022. After the result is declared, the rank list will also be declared. The rank lists will be announced for Engineering, Architecture, MBBS/BDS, Medical & Allied, and Ayurveda courses. Equal weight-age will be given to prepare the rank list. The result for KEAM 2022 will be expected on July 25, 2022. Following are the steps to check the KEAM 2022 result:
- Visit the official KEAM website cee.kerala.gov.in
- Click the “KEAM 2022 Candidate Portal”
- Provide the required details like Registration number, Password and Security code
- Click “KEAM 2022 Results”
- You can view the results displayed
Following are the details that will be present in KEAM 2022 result:
- Candidates Roll number
- A standardized score of 12th out of 300
- Total marks out of 600 secured by the candidates
- KEAM 2022 rank of the candidate
Scorecard for KEAM 2022:
After the result publication, the scorecard for KEAM 2022 will be released by CEE Kerala. Following are the information that will be present in the scorecard:
- Name of the candidates
- Roll no/ Application number of KEAM
- Category of the candidates
- Scores obtained in KEAM
- Qualifying marks for KEAM
The CEE of Kerala will release the cutoffs for KEAM 2022 after the conclusion of Seat Allotment. It will be released in the form of ranks/marks. The authorities will prepare the merit list based on the cutoff. The candidates who are able to meet the cutoff the allotment of seats will be done in the participating colleges. The cutoffs will be released category wise in the official portal of KEAM. They are as follows:
The cutoffs for KEAM Will are calculated by considering the following factors:
- KEAM 2022 marking scheme
- The difficulty level of KEAM
- Total number of available seats
- Total number of received seats
- Previous year cutoffs
Following are the KEAM stats of the previous year:
|B.tech||No of colleges||Total no seats||CEE allotted seats|
|Government aided engineering colleges||12||4733||4402|
|Engineering colleges under Kerala agricultural university||2||119||99|
|Government controlling engineering colleges||24||7155||6125|
|Private self-financing engineering colleges||119||44400||22200|
|B.Arch||No of colleges||Total no of seats||CEE allotted seats|
|Government aided colleges||4||200||189|
|private self-financing colleges||19||840||9420|
The actual cutoff will be released by the authority along with the KEAM 2022 result. This will play an important role in the admission and restrict the number of students for counseling.