|Thapar School of Liberal Arts and Sciences|
|Economics||Environment & Sustainability||Marketing|
|Literary and Cultural Sciences||Physics||Information Systems|
|Psychology||Computer Sciences||Human Resource Management|
Eligibility Criteria for Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology’s BA, BSc, and BBA
60 percent in 10th grade or equivalent exam (55 percent for SC/ST) in any three subjects (One of the subjects must be English). OR a three-year diploma after the tenth grade.
Selection Criteria for Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology BA, BSc, and BBA
Thapar University’s selection criteria for its BA, BSc, and BBA programmes include three steps:
Step 1: A 50 percent weighted online test consisting of an aptitude test, a letter of motivation/statement of purpose, and a grade 10 marks card.
Step 2: Personal Interaction is given 50% weightage.
Step 3: Admissions Selection
Admissions to Thapar University for M.E./M.Tech in 2022
At the postgraduate level, Thapar University’s School of Engineering and Technology offers eight specializations in the ME programme and three specializations in the MTech programme. The following are the specializations available:
|Thapar University ME Courses||Thapar University MTech Courses|
|Infrastructure Engineering||Environmental Science and Engineering|
|Power System Engineering||VLSi Design|
|Computer Science and Engineering||–|
|Electronics & Communication||–|
MTech Eligibility Criteria at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
Candidates applying for the TIET MTech degree must have a BTech/BE degree in a relevant discipline. The minimum percentage of marks earned is 60% in total. Candidates with an MSc degree may also apply. GATE scores are also part of the eligibility criteria.
MTech Selection Criteria at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
GATE exam scores are used to determine admission to Thapar University’s MTech programme. Candidates who apply without GATE scores are admitted directly to the institute. Thapar University MTech direct admission is based on Class 12 and BTech results. In this situation, the institute gives Class 12 marks 30% weightage and BTech marks 70% weightage. Candidates with a valid GATE score, on the other hand are given preference.
Thapar University MBA Admissions 2022
LM Thapar School of Management (LMTSM) in 10 specializations. The institute given admission to the program on the basis of national-level scores, GD, and PI marks. Minimum eligibility required for all the specializations in MBA is 50% aggregate marks in Graduation.
MBA Eligibility Criteria at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
The following are the minimum requirements for admission to Thapar University’s MBA programme:
- Postgraduate or Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognised University/Institute. OR A graduate degree with a pass in all parts/sections of the CA/ICWA/ACS Intermediate examination.
- Candidates with one year of experience are exempt from the graduation or postgraduate eligibility requirement of 50 percent marks.
- A valid CAT/ NMAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ MAT/ GMAT/ GRE/ Thapar Entrance test score is required.
Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology MBA Selection Criteria CAT/NMAT/XAT/CMAT/MAT/GMAT/GRE scores were required for admission to the Thapar University MBA programme. Candidates who apply without national level scores must take the Thapar University Entrance Test. Candidates who pass the written exam are invited to the GD/PI round for final admissions. The Thapar University MBA selection criteria are divided into five stages:
Stage 1: Submitting an online application: At this stage, prospective candidates must submit online applications. Thapar University’s MBA admission form 2022 can be found at www.lmtsom.thapar.edu. Candidates must fill out basic information as well as academic and management test scores.
Stage 2: Application Review: The admissions committee reviews the applications that have been submitted by candidates. They then shortlist candidates for the GD and PI rounds, as well as the Institute’s entrance exam, based on their performance in previous qualifying examinations.
Stage 3: Evaluation Process: Shortlisted candidates are evaluated through a readiness test, group discussion, and personal interview.
Stage 4: Communication of Decision: This stage involves communicating the admission committee’s decision. In this stage, candidates who have been chosen after the evaluation process are sent offer letters.
Final Counseling and Fee Deposit: Candidates chosen for final admission must accept the offer letter at this stage. Accepting the offer entails submitting documents and fees via e-counselling or in-person counseling.
Admissions to the M.Sc. programme at Thapar University in 2022
Thapar University MSc admissions are made on the basis of merit. Under the MSc programme, the institute offers five specializations. The minimum eligibility required for Thapar University MSc varies by specialization.
MSc Eligibility Criteria at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
The TIET MSc eligibility criteria for the five specializations are 60 percent aggregate marks in the relevant discipline. To be admitted to the programme, candidates must hold a BS/BSc degree.
|Thapar University MSc Eligibility Criteria 2022|
|MSc in Biotechnology||60% marks in Bachelor’s degree from recognized University in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary, and Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering Technology, 4-Years BS (Physician Assistant) Course, Medicine (MBBS) or BDS.|
|MSc in Chemistry||60% aggregate marks in BSc with Chemistry as one of the main subject|
|MSc in Mathematics and Computing and MSc in Mathematics||60% aggregate marks in BSc with Mathematics as one of the main subject|
|MSc in Physics||60% aggregate marks in BSc with Physics as one of the main subject|
MSc Admission to Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology Criteria
The Thapar University MSc programme is selected on the basis of merit in the qualifying degree. Class 12 marks are given 40% weightage, while graduation marks are given 60% weightage.
Thapar Institute of Technology and Engineering 2022 MSc Seats
Thapar University has 120 seats available in its MSc programme. There are 5 seats available in each MSc specialization for FN/NRI candidates. The program’s seat matrix is detailed in the table below:
|Mathematics and Computing||14||5||1|
Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology MCA Selection Criteria
Selection criteria for Thapar University MCA program involves merit obtained in Class 10, 12, and Graduation. Minimum marks required for admission is 65%.
MA Admission to Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology in 2022
The TIET MA programme in Clinical Psychology and Counseling Psychology is available. The programme lasts two years and consists of four semesters. The minimum requirement for admission is a B.A. with a grade point average of 50%. (Psychology).
MA Eligibility Criteria at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Psychology or Arts/Science/Allied Sciences such as Home Sciences/Nursing/Human Development. OR
- B.Tech of at least three years’ MA Admission to Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology Criteria Selection to the Thapar University MA programme is based on a combination of Class 12 and Graduation percentages (aggregate marks up to the end of the second year/four semesters will be considered).
Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology MCA Seats 2022
Thapar University Ph.D. Admissions 2022
The Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (TIET) offers a PhD programme in Engineering, Technology, Management, and Sciences. Admission to all PhD courses is based on an entrance exam and a PI round conducted by the institute.
uration with at least 50 percent (45 percent for SC/ST) in aggregate and Psychology as one of the subjects at the graduation level.
PhD Eligibility Criteria at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
- M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Phil./ MCA/ M.Sc./ M.Com/ M.Pharma/ M.A./ M.B.A./ C.A. or equivalent with a minimum of 60% in aggregate or a CGPA of 6.00 on a 10-point scale OR GATE/ GPAT/ NET(UGC/ CSIR) qualified.
- Candidates with a B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Pharm degree or equivalent and an outstanding academic record (minimum CGPA of 9.00 on a 10-point scale or 80 percent in aggregate) may be considered for admission.
- Relaxation is granted to candidates who have a CGPA of 7.00 on a 10-point scale or have 65 percent aggregate marks for the minimum eligibility conditions. Candidates with a B.E./B.Tech.
Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology PhD Selection Criteria
Selection to Thapar University PhD program is done through entrance test and interview round. The institute exempts GATE/ NET (UGC/CSIR)/ GPAT qualified candidates from entrance test. These candidates are directly called for the interview round. For candidates who appear for the entrance test are required to appear offline for the test.
|TIET PhD Entrance Exam Pattern|
|Total Time||90 minutes|
|No. of questions||80|
|Type of questions||Objective Type Questions|
PhD Admission to Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
The Thapar University PhD programme is selected through an entrance exam and an interview round. GATE/ NET (UGC/CSIR)/ GPAT qualified candidates are exempt from the entrance exam. These candidates are invited directly to the interview round. Candidates who take the entrance exam are required to take the exam offline.
Registration at Thapar University
Thapar University’s application process is entirely online. Every year, the institute publishes admission forms at https://admission.thapar.edu/. Candidates applying for various programmes can complete the process by following the steps outlined below:
Application Process Steps:
- To learn more about the admission process, go to the official website.
- The online application form can be found on the official website.
- Fill in the blanks with your personal information, academic information, work experience, and so on.
- You can pay the fee either online or in person.
- Take a printout of the form because it will be required during document verification during counseling.
- If the application fee is paid by DD, the application form should be sent to: “In-charge Admission Cell,” Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala – 147004.
- A challan facility is also available for offline payments.
- Admit cards will be available for download and should be printed. You must bring a hard copy of the printed admit card in good condition as well as a photograph.
Thapar University Application Fee 2022
|BTech and BTech (Lateral)||INR 1500|
|MCA and MTech||INR 1500|
|MA and MSc||INR 1000|