Symbiosis School of Media & Communication (SSMC), Bengaluru Overview
Bangalore UGC, NAAC ESTD 2009
Bangalore UGC, NAAC ESTD 2009
Symbiosis School of Media & Communication (SSMC), Bengaluru established under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 vide Notification No. F.9 12/2001-U.3 of the Government of India) Accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade. SSMC has carved a niche in the field of Media and Communication education through its 2-year full time MBA program in Communication Management. With an industry – oriented contemporary curriculum and specializations in Advertising, Public Relations and Media Management, learning at SSMC-B is participatory and holistic in nature. SSMC-B’s MBA (CM) program has an impeccable reputation as it has been designed to raise the bar of learning, encompassing the best of practices and trends in the field, enabling the students to build upon their existing knowledge through a spirit of enquiry, creativity and innovation. The program is bifurcated into four semesters. In the first semester the students are introduced to common courses in media and management as well as introductory courses in the specialization areas such as Advertising, PR and Media Management. In the second semester the students are introduced to core modules exploring key elements of business management and also study media issues in depth. Unique modules such as Digital Media Management; and Branding and the Media explore the very latest developments in this dynamic industry. Followed by an intensive internship to work in the fields applying the theoretical knowledge they have learnt in the preceding semesters. The third semester allows students to choose from one of the three streams – Advertising, Public Relations and Media Management. Through the academic rigour and the interactive teaching-learning process, students gain knowledge and skills and equipped to innovatively plan, design, evaluate and produce marketing communication projects embedded with new media technology. The fourth semester includes courses at an advanced level in the three areas of specialization such as advanced strategic management, data analytics, account planning models and practices and also ethics and law, so as to ready them with understanding of society, culture and ethical values as a well-rounded professional entering the media and communication industry.
Courses & Departments Details:
- MBA in Communication Management
- 12.74 Lakhs
Placement Details:Symbiosis School of Media and Communication, Bengaluru, (SSMC B) successfully completed another year of placements season for the class of 2015-17.
- We had recruiters across sectors, advertising profiles taking a bigger piece of the pie followed by PR, Marcomm, Market Research, Media and Digital.
- SSMC B had recruiters coming year on year in Advertising and Public Relations, new startups and digital agencies opened profiles in our industry fit. The profiles offered were of Corporate PR, Client Servicing, Brand Consultant, PR Associate, Analyst, Digital Media Planner, Internal Communications, Market Research Analyst, Social Media Executive and Brand Consultant to mention few.
- The companies who recruited this year are Tata Services, Biocon, ABB, Huewie, The Practice, McCann Health, Genesis B&M, Weber Shandwick, MSL Group, Kestone IMC, Group M, Yahoo Ethos, Langoor, Gozoop, Infiniti, Hansa Research, Happay, Watconsult, Wings, Trescon to name some.
- The Faculty at SSMC, Bengaluru is highly educated & holds the inside out knowledge of Communication Industry.
- Our alumni are successfully placed in esteemed corporate houses such as Zee TV, Infosys, ABB, HCL, Biocon, Group M, Time Inc, ITC, Ogilvy and Mather, Coral Research,Zomato, Zivame, The Practice, Madison PR, DDB Mudra, Draftfcb ULKA, Genesis B&M, Wizcraft, Grofers and such others.
Accommodation Details:SSMC-B has an On-Campus hostel facility for girls that is fully Wi-Fi enabled. An additional comparable facility in the vicinity for boys is provided.
- Separate Hostel for Boys and Girls.
- Double and Triple Occupancy with Students Mess. The Mess houses separate Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian canteens, offering nutritious and sumptuous food.
- Residential Medical Facility and Medical Insurance
- 24 hrs Hot Water Facility
- In-door Games and Out-Door Games
- Residential Gym
- We have 24/7 Medical Facility in Campus. Doctor will be available from 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM and available over phone 24/7. Two Staff Nurse will be available on shift basis (day shift and night shift).
- All the Students and the Staff is insured under the Mediclaim & Road Traffic Accident Policy.
- All Students and Staff will undergo Annual Health Checkup.
- Induction Programme for Students Health Care will be conducted Every Year after the commencement of the programme for the new batch.
- Have a committee called Campus Health Advisory Committee, with 2 student Representatives, Administrative Officer / Office Superintendent, Campus Administrator, RWC Staff and a Medical Officer as the members of the committee
- The Symbiosis Center of Health Care, SCHC, provides an in-house, modern, state-of-the-art Health Club & Fitness Centre with a view to facilitating a holistic development of the mind, body and soul of our students