Jadavpur University, Kolkata Scholarships
Jadavpur University Scholarship
Scholarships have become a necessity among many students, especially who are planning careers that require many years of education beyond the UG level. Being one of the most desirable forms of financial aid, scholarships have many unique benefits.
Some are merit-based for meritorious students or Merit-cum-means based scholarship for or in form of recognition for certain achievements. Unlike educational loans, scholarships do not need to be repaid. Also, some scholarships are prestigious and limited in the number that kind of scholarship can enhance an awardees resume and help them pay for their education.
The main motive behind Jadavpur University scholarships is to provide some sort of financial assistance to the students coming from a poor financial background.
Some of the popular aid provided by the college:
- Tuition Fees Concession – Fees concession is provided to the students of the day- courses on the basis of the recommendation by their respective departments. Tuition fees are reduced in terms of full and a half-freeship. According to the tuition fee concession scheme provision, a maximum of 10% of students should be covered with full- freeship. Application forms for the scholarship are issued during the beginning of the session.
- National Scholarships
- Merit Awards and Book Grant
- Students-aid Fund
- Stipends – Stipends are provided on the means-cum-merit basis. Every year nearly 80 stipends are distributed among the needy students and among which ¼ possibly go to the 1st year students. There are several internal stipends including those are sanctioned by the DPI office.
- SC or ST Scholarship – Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe stipend application forms are provided from the Bikas Bhavan. Only Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe students are eligible for the scholarship.
- Physically handicapped Scholarships – Physically handicapped scholarship application forms can be collected from the District Social Education Office. Only students who have a certificate proving disability are eligible for the scholarship.
- Stipend or scholarships for B.Ed. Physical Education – B.Ed. Physical Edn. scholarship forms are given from the D.P.I Office. for students as well as deputed teachers