IIT Patna B.Tech Admission 2024
The Indian Institute of Technology, Patna offers B.Tech programmes in six departments: computer science and engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, civil and environmental engineering, chemical and biochemical engineering, and metallurgical and materials engineering.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Patna B.Tech
- Candidates must have a +2 diploma in Science from a recognised board or institution.
- A valid JEE Advanced score is also required. Applicants who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced:
- The minimum 75 percent requirement for class XII exam in Science has been eliminated for 2021 admissions.
- JEE Main 2021 qualifiers are eligible to take the JEE Advanced exam.
- JEE Main 2021 qualifiers are not required to retake the exam; instead, they can take the JEE Advanced exam.
Note: Please keep in mind that JEE Main exam scores are only qualifying; they are not required for final shortlisting.
Admission to the B.Tech programme at IIT Patna
Admission to the B.Tech programme at IIT Patna is based on the JEE Advanced score, which is then followed by JoSAA Counseling. This is done for the seat allotment process at various IITs. The table below provides information on JEE Advanced cutoffs for B.Tech admissions at IIT Patna in 2021:
JEE Advanced exam scores are used to determine B.Tech admissions to IITs. Candidates who obtain the required minimum qualifying marks in the JEE Main examination are eligible to take the respected examination. The minimum qualifying marks for the Unreserved category (General category) are 87.992241, with a maximum of 100. Those who have obtained the minimum cutoff marks and are ranked less than 2.5 lakh can take the JEE Advanced 2021 exam.
M.Tech Admission to IIT Patna in 2024
The two-year M.Tech programme at IIT Patna is available in eight specialisations: Mathematics & Computing, Nanoscience & Technology, Computer Science & Engineering, Mechatronics, Communication System Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, and Materials Science and Engineering.
Admission to the programme is accomplished through the GATE entrance examination, which is followed by COAP counseling.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech at IIT Patna
- B.E/B.Tech degree from a recognised university in a relevant discipline
- Students must have at least 60% or a CGPA of 6.0 on a 10-point scale in order to graduate (SC/ST students must have 55%).
A GATE score that is valid.
Candidates who have completed a B.Tech from an IIT with a CGPA of 8.0 or higher are exempt from submitting GATE scores.
M.Tech Selection Criteria at IIT Patna
Candidates for the M.Tech programme will be chosen based on their GATE score. Following that, the institute will conduct an interview round. The GATE scores will be given 70% weightage in the final merit list for admissions, with the interview receiving 30%.
M.Tech Application Process at IIT Patna
- Go to the official website, www.iitp.ac.in/.
- Select the Admissions link.
- Register with your email address and password.
- Log in once your email has been confirmed.
- Fill out the application form with the necessary information.
- Upload a scan of the signature and a photograph.
- The image must be less than 50kb in size.
- The application form should be saved.
- Pay the application fee using one of the available methods.
- Print out the application form for future reference.
- Send the application form to the specified address.
M.Sc Admission to IIT Patna in 2024
IIT Patna offers a two-year M.Sc programme in three specialisations: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, with a total enrollment of 25 students in each. Candidates must take the IIT JAM entrance exam to be considered for admission to the programme.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Sc at IIT Patna
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum aggregation mark of 55 percent to be considered for admission.
The eligibility criteria for SC/ST candidates have been relaxed by 5%.
M.Sc Selection Criteria at IIT Patna
Candidates are chosen through the IIT JAM counseling process, which includes four rounds of admission. Seats are assigned based on JAM entrance test scores, choice filling, availability of seats, categories, and other factors.
MSc Seats at IIT Patna in 2024
The intake capacity for students admitted to the MSc programme is listed below. The total number of seats includes students from all categories, including General, EWS, OBC-NCL, SC, and ST. The table below shows the MSc program’s seat intake by specialisation:
M.Sc. Application Process at IIT Patna
- Visit the official JOAPS website and register by providing all required information such as the Candidate’s Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Qualification, and so on.
- Candidates will receive an Enrollment ID after registering.
- Enter your Enrollment ID and password to access the JOAPS portal.
- Fill out the application form, specifying the number of papers and your preferred city.
- Upload scanned images of your photograph and signature, as well as your SC/ST/PwD certificate (if applicable).
- Pay the application fee online and fill out the IIT JAM application form.
IIT Patna Ph.D Admission 2024
The Indian Institute of Technology offers Ph.D programmes in three departments: engineering, science, humanities, and social sciences, with admissions based on GATE and NET scores, which are then followed by an interview.
Students must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree to be considered for admission.
Ph.D. Admission to IIT Patna Criteria For admission to the Ph.D. programme, the institute administers the GATE or NET entrance exam, which is followed by an interview.
How Do You Apply to IIT Patna?
On the application form, applicants must include a valid email address or phone number. All exam-related information will be sent via email.
Candidates must pay an application fee of INR 1200/- when submitting their application form. The application fee can be paid in both online and offline modes.
How to Apply Online:
- Visit the official JEE Advanced website, jeeadv.ac.in.
- Enter your JEE Main roll number and birth date.
- Fill out the JEE Advanced application form.
- Upload all necessary documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Check your information again and save the application form.
Candidates who have passed the JEE Advanced must apply for JoSAA counseling in order to be admitted to IIT Patna.
Documents required at the time of admission:
- JEE Main Admit Card
- JEE Advanced Admit Card
- JEE Main Rank Card
- JEE Advanced Rank Card
- Provisional Seat Allocation Letter
- Recent 2 Passport size Photographs
- Class 10th and 12th certificates
- Original and one photocopy of Photo ID proof issued by central Govt./State Govt./last attended School/12th Admit card
- Medical Report
- Proof of fee payment by e-challan of SBI
- Character certificate
- Migration certificate
- Category certificate for OBC-NCL, SC, ST and (If Applicable)
- PWD Certificate (if Any