Indian Institute of Technology – Banaras Hindu University (IIT-BHU), Varanasi Campus Facilities
IIT Varanasi Campus Facilities
IIT Varanasi located at the edge of Ganga provides a serene environment, which gives the students motivation to learn. The whole campus area of BHU is spread over an area of 1,300 acres, which is only second largest to Kharagpur IIT. The campus has easy accessibility from Varanasi Railway Station and Bus Stand. The institute has state of the art facilities regarding classrooms and the infrastructure in general. The whole campus is Wi-Fi enabled and provides intranet services to its students.
- The institute library has over 100,000 books, 18,132 textbook bank. The library has 50 terminals, which can access e-books, e-journals, e-thesis and other e-resources. The students also have access to online login systems through the website and intranet.
- Labs are an important part of practical training for engineering courses. Each department of engineering has its own lab to train for the industry. The labs are equipped with machinery and electronics required for training.
- The campus provides hostel accommodation to the students who are not from Varanasi. It has separate hostel accommodation for girls and boys. All the hostel buildings are situated within the campus. Hostel residents are entitled to additional facilities like recreation rooms, cafeteria etc.
Some of the other facilities available to the hostel residents are :
- Common room
- Recreation room
- Laundry service
- Security and surveillance system
- Sports complex
- Basketball and tennis courts
- Swimming pool
- Post office
- Medical facility
- Shopping area
- Landscaped gardens
IIT Varanasi Student Activities
IIT Varanasi is home to many clubs and committees regarding various co-curricular activities. Cultural clubs like photography, dramatics are organized to encourage the talents of the students. Other clubs include music clubs, cinema clubs and literature clubs. Annual fests are another one of the attractions of the institution. Technex is the annual technical fest of BHU. three cultural fests are organized namely, Kashi, Yatra and Spardha.