Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram Scholarships
Scholarship for Undergraduate Students:
Financial assistance: Based on the category and academic performance of the candidate during a semester, the full/part of the semester fee paid by the candidate shall be refunded at the end of the semester, after the declaration of the semester examination results.
This financial assistance, funded by Department of Space (DoS)Govt. of India, provided to the meritorious students is as follows:
For GENERAL and OBC-NCL category students:
- On securing a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 7.5 and above (on a scale of 10) in any semester, the student becomes eligible for the full semester fee as DoSassistanceship and hence. 48400 shall be refunded at the end of the semester.
For SC/ST and PD category:
- On securing a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.5 and above (on a scale of 10) in any semester, the student becomes eligible for the full semester fee as DoSassistanceship and hence. 48400/-shall be refunded at the end of the semester.
- On securing a GPA between 5.5 and 6.5 (in a scale of 10)in any semester, the student becomes eligible for only the semester tuition fee as DoS assistance, and hence Rs.20000/- shall be refunded at the end of the semester.
Additional Book Grant:
- All UG students who are awarded full DoS assistanceship in any semester are also eligible for a reimbursable Book Grant of Rs.3000/- for the semester. To avail the book grant, a prior approval, production of bill and verification of the book are essential.
- Students will be given scholarship as per UGC/MHRD norms.
- Research scholars selected for IIST PhD programme with Post Graduate (PG) Degree in Basic Science with NET or equivalent qualification OR Graduate Degree in Professional Course with NET or equivalent qualification OR Post-Graduate
- Degree in Professional Course will receive a Fellowship of Rs.25000/- per month.
- After two years of research experience, their performance will be evaluated by a review committee. Based on the review, the fellowship amount may be enhanced to Rs.28000/- per month.
- The scholars will be required to assist the Departments in tutorials/practicals or related academic activities normally limited to 6 hours per week
- The scholars will have to pay for the services provided by the Institute like boarding/lodging / medical facilities etc., as per IIST rules.