Gian Jyoti Institute of Management & Technology (GJIMT), Mohali Scholarships
GJIMT believes in providing quality higher-level technical education to all, and thus, keeping with this spirit provides girl students as well as those who belong to the disadvantaged sections of the society, an opportunity to apply for scholarships, so as to encourage them to seek quality education and training. These are awarded for excellence in the areas of academics and sports and are also awarded to those that come from a military background. The following are the scholarships which Gian Jyoti Institute of Management and Technology offers to the domestic students:
- Achievers: It is a scholarship that is offered to those candidates that have excelled in the field of competitive sports.
- Helping Hands: The aim of this scholarship is to provide cheap or free education for those that belong to the SC, ST, or OBC classes. Students that come from underprivileged and economically weaker backgrounds can present their case to the admissions committee and can seek this scholarship.
- Gian Ankur: In order to encourage girls to seek quality higher education, GJIMT offers the Gian Ankur scholarship to help the girl child.
- Saksham: Another scholarship that is offered to those students that belong to the weaker or disadvantaged sections of the society is the Saksham scholarship.
- Samarth: In order to felicitate meritorious students, GJIMT offers the Samarth scholarship to those students that excel in university examinations.
- Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Scholarship: In order to promote the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao scheme of the Government of India, that seeks to encourage the education of the girl child, GJIMT offers this scholarship, wherein, a certain number of girls from different states of the country are selected on merit cum means the basis and are given special financial packages so as to enable them to pursue quality higher-level technical education.
- Defense Background Scholarship: On the basis of the academic merits or performance of the students, those who belong to the defence background can apply for this scholarship, wherein they are eligible for a reduction in tuition fee per semester.
Students that belong to any of the said categories and wish to seek any of the above-mentioned scholarships are required to fill out the scholarship application form, which is available on the official GJIMT website.
Not only does the Gian Jyoti Institute of Management and Technology offer scholarships to its domestic students, but also to its international students. Those international students that are looking to be granted a scholarship too are required to fill out an application form that is available on the website; they are required to provide correct information for everything that is asked and are required to agree to the terms and conditions mentioned.