Gian Jyoti Institute of Management & Technology (GJIMT), Mohali Placements
GJIMT Placements and Internships
At GJIMT, students are groomed to be future leaders of the industry, to be valuable members of a company, and thus, the TPC or Training, Placements, and Consultancy Cell take on the responsibility of preparing the students for the various difficult recruitment processes of companies, from the very first semester.
A key aspect of this preparation procedure is conducting mock personal interviews, mock group discussions with the help of industry professionals, as well as testing important skills such as those that pertain to public speaking, event management, presentation, etc., all before the students actually appear for the final placements.
The Placement Cell helps the recruiters make the right hiring decisions while helping students in making the right career decisions for themselves. Moreover, by becoming part of the GJIMT Alumni Club, students have the possibility as well as support to switch to better brands/companies and, thus, better salary packages.
Some of the important activities of the TPC Cell are as follows:
- Customized placement training
- Summer internships in various sectors of the industry, with a monthly stipend
- Placements in some of the best companies
- Part-time job opportunities
- Organizing industry visits in the hospitality sector, banking, education sector, etc.
- Overseas placement opportunities
- Summer internships in the United States of America under Summer, Work & Travel or SWT, with a monthly salary
- Internship and Employment Readiness Program
- Frequently organized guest lectures on the latest technologies as well as trends such as Digital Marketing, E-commerce, etc.
- International conferences to enable a better understanding of global advancements and sharing of ideas with the global community
- Entrepreneurship workshops to enable a better understanding of the lucrative environment as well as support during the set up of new businesses etc.
Not only does Gian Jyoti Institute of Management and Technology aim to provide its students with the best quality education with a combination of both in and out of class educational activities and extracurricular activities, but it also aims to provide its students with the best recruitment opportunities, so that they are able to become leaders of tomorrow.
With this goal in mind, the institute partners with some of the biggest names in the industry (all belonging to different sectors or areas of the industry) so that students are able to get a head start with respect to their careers in their chosen paths; these companies frequent GJIMT during the time of placements. Some of the top recruiters that provide students of GJIMT with lucrative employment packages are as follows:
- Axis Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Kent Health Care
- JK Tyre
- Philips etc.
In fact, owing to the efforts of the institute in modeling students into trained professionals through their holistic training methods, there has been an increase in the number of companies that have recruited from GJIMT every year, and some of the packages offered to the students are as follows:
|RECRUITER/ COMPANY||PACKAGE OFFERED|
|ITC||5.5 lacs per annum|
|Karvy||7.5 lacs per annum|
|ICICI Pru||Three lacs per annum|
|Kent RO||4.5 lacs per annum|
|Jaro Education||6.6 lacs per annum|
Not only is GJIMT known for offering its students some of the best employment opportunities with the help of annual placements where some of the top companies are recruiters, but it also offers its students the chance to intern during the summer. These internships generally last about 45 days and provide students with an experience of how the industry works. Students in their first year get to intern with a Corporate, wherein they work on a project which improves their skills and also adds to the value of the Corporate. Internships are part of the curriculum, and students must remain in touch with their faculty as well as their mentors in their workplace.
|Year||Companies Visited||Highest Package||Average Package|