Development Management Institute [DMI], Patna Overview
Development Management Institute (DMI), Patna has been established in 2014 under the supervision and support of the Rural Development Department of the Government of Bihar and prominent support agencies such as the Bihar Rural Livelihood Promotion Society and the Bihar Milk Co-Operative Federation. The flagship program of DMI is its two-year, full-time residential PGDM (Post Graduate Programme in Development Management) which is approved by AICTE.
Equipped with the latest multimedia and other learning facilities, DMI Learning Spaces provide a conducive ambiance for productive education. The Learning Spaces are fully air-conditioned with dedicated facilities for students to connect with others. DMI also houses RFID enabled state-of-the-art Knowledge Centre with more than 6,712 volumes comprising textbooks and reference books, articles and papers from HBR, MIT Sloan Review, Academy of Management Review, etc. The knowledge centre provides round-the-clock access to EBSCO and India stat databases which hosts millions of journal articles. The college also provides hostels for students.
DMI Bihar Highlights
Some of the major highlights of the DMI college are given below:-
|Institute Type||Public Autonomous|
|Set by||Government of Bihar|
|Courses Offered||PGDM (2 years)|
|Campus Area||50 Acres+ 15 Acres(under construction)|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostels, Computer centre, Sports facilities, Cafeteria|
DMI Bihar Key Facts
- Interdisciplinary Curriculum.
- Substantial On-site Learning.
- Upto 100% scholarships.
- Competency Enhancement Programmes.
- Dedicated Information Hub.
- Associate organizations: Government of Bihar, JEEVIKA, COMFED.
- Workshops, symposia, seminars, and similar events on a variety of topics and issues.
- Centre of Excellence in Disaster Management.
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Observatory.
- Meeting Minds and Idea Exchange Centre with adequate seating capacity.
DMI Bihar Courses
The institute offers a two-year PGDM course which achieves at modelling Development management professionals with heightened personal growth and social transformation skills. Details of the course are mentioned below.
|PGDM- Post Graduate Programme in Development Management||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in any discipline with at least 50% marks. 5% relaxation for candidates belonging to minority communities. Valid score in CAT / XAT / GMAT / CMAT / MAT.
DMI Bihar Admissions
Admissions at the Development Management Institute, Patna is based on a merit list that takes into account the candidate’s entrance examination score, academic performance, extracurricular activity participation, personal interview, and group exercises. The distribution of weightage is as follows:
- CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT score: 35%
- Group Exercise (GE): 10%
- Personal Interview (PI): 30%
- Academic Performance (10+2 & Graduation): 10%
- Assessment of Writing Skills: 5%
- Participation in Sports/ Extra-Curricular Activities, Academic Diversity, and Gender Diversity 10%
How to Apply?
Students who wish to apply to Development Management Institute may follow the steps given below for the admission process-
- Application forms are available online on the official website of Development Management Institute in the admission section. Notification for admission is available from the months of October- to November.
- Registration is required to be done with a valid phone number and email ID.
- Candidates need to present valid identity proof, educational mark sheets, entrance examination details, domicile and caste certificates (if any), work experience details, extracurricular/sports details while filling out the application form.
- The Application will be considered submitted after the submission of the application fee through net banking/UPI/online payment. Incomplete applications or applications not satisfying the eligibility conditions will not be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for personal interviews and further selection process.
- The merit list is released tentatively in the month of April. The session starts from early June of each year.
DMI Bihar Placements
The Development Management Institute, Patna maintains a steady placement record. The previous batch of 2017-2019 comprising of twenty-two students was placed at reputed companies and national agencies which include Bihar Rural Livelihood Promotion Society (JEEViKA), Care India, Bihar Gram Swaraj Yojana Society (BGSYS), Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India) - (AKRSPI), Technoserve, Satin Creditcare Network Ltd., Samasta Microfinance, and Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Limited. The DMI has ensured a 100% placement record for the last three years and has already started the placement drive for this year as well. The students are required to successfully complete internships alongside their coursework and are trained for mock interviews, presentations, and other necessary skills.
INR 7.8 LPA
INR 5.5 LPA
COMFED, TechnoServe, Frend, Care, FWWB, Syngenta, Samasta, Quest Alliance, BAIF Institute For Sustainable Livelihoods and Development, etc.
DMI Bihar Facilities
The Institute’s present campus has a variety of facilities that caters to the needs of the students and the faculties. The upcoming DMI campus at Bihta is promised to have ‘modern state-of-the-art facilities’ for both students and faculties.
Hostels- PGDM students are compulsorily required to stay in the hostels during their entire course. The hostels are equipped with modern facilities, offers recreational space and round the clock security assurance.
Cafeteria-The Institute has a popular cafeteria for students to de-stress.
Library- DMI has a vast library that comprises of 2300 volumes of text books, reference books, journals and publications. Additionally, it has multimedia facilities that help students to browse through well-known databases and e-journals.
Classrooms and auditoriums- Fully air-conditioned and spacious classrooms are also added with multimedia facilities to impart a knowledgeable and easy-going ambience.
Information Hub- The information Hub is constituted by 60 personal computers to emphasize students to learn more about statistical analysis and management oriented technologies supported by high speed internet connection.
DMI Bihar Faculty
The Institute has 11 faculties out of which 9 are distinguished PhD holders and professors who have worked in public spheres and contributed to societal needs. The faculties have completed their education from esteemed institutions such as Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), Delhi, IIM, IIT and G.B. Pant University among others and have also played a prominent role in reports, national and international publications and advisory services.
DMI Bihar FAQs
Q. What is the fee structure at DMI?
Q. What is the annual intake for the course at DMI?
Q. Can the interviews be conducted online at DMI?
Q. What are CARE centres which have been established by DMI Patna?
Q. Does DMI provide scholarships for the students?
Q. When is the application notification for DMI, Patna released?