The Union Public Service Commission, commonly known as UPSC, is India’s prime agency that carries out recruitment for All India Services for Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ posts. The recruitments take place through highly organised and systematic examinations and interviews for which candidates have to train themselves rigorously. The UPSC Civil Service examination is held every year with lakhs of candidates aspiring to crack it.
Recently, the Union Public Service Commission announced some changes in the result of Civil services Main examination held in 2018. According to the changes made in the revised schedule, more number of candidates have been added to the final merit list. Candidates who had appeared for the Civil services Main examination in 2018 can check out the revised results on the official website.
The UPSC Civil Service examination is conducted in several stages, such as the preliminary round followed by the main exam and so on. The results of UPSC Civil Service Main Examination 2018 listed out the candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview. As per the original results, a total of 759 candidates had been selected for the interview round.
However, since a new list has been released by UPSC with some revisions, an additional 53 candidates have been recognised and recommended by it. The candidates have been recommended for the Department of Personnel and Training.
The additional 53 selected candidates are selected from different categories. These are as follows –
- General Category : 38 candidates
- Other Backward Classes : 14 candidates
- Scheduled Caste : 1 candidate
UPSC Recruitment 2019
Candidates can check their results on either of the two official websites of UPSC, that is, https://upsc.gov.in/ or https://upsconline.nic.in The following are the steps that the candidates can make use of in order to access the revised results –
- Step-1 : Visit the official website of UPSC, which is https://upsc.gov.in/ Candidate will not be able to access their results from other websites.
- Step-2 : On the homepage, go to the ‘What’s New’ section.
- Step-3 : Under this section, candidates must click on the link that reads ‘Reserve List CSM 2018’
- Step-4 : Click on this link to check the Results.
- Step-5 : The results will be downloaded automatically in a PDF format on the computer.
- Step-6 : Candidates must look for their roll number under this list. If they have qualified, the result must be saved and kept in a secure folder on the computer.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for UPSC CSE Exam 2019: Admit Card, Syllabus, Result
Thus, these candidates are selected from a reserve list as prepared by the UPSC on the basis of merit. Those who have succeeded in the UPSC Civil Service Main Examination 2018 are eligible for the personal interview which will involve the final round of selection. The interview is conducted for a total of 275 marks without any minimum qualifying marks. Candidates thus selected, will be recruited into various ranks under the Indian civil services.